Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ Luigi To The Rescue! ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This is my first Mario fic, I had always loved this show and I am a huge fan of their video games. I've played all of them except for the ones for the Game Cube, because my parent's chose to get a PS2 instead.

This fic takes place after the Super Mario RPG, for those who have played it. It's a very fun game and my favorite Mario game, besides Mario Kart that is.

Well, I hope someone would read it and enjoy it. I hope it's not too bad, I don't like OOC and I just want to make sure I stay in character.

It's Up To Me!

 

Chapter 1: Luigi to the Rescue!

 

Bowser's castle stood against the dark clouds in the sky. It towered high, looking quite menacing sitting upon Vista Hill (SM RPG). Luigi and Toad stood upon the small dirt hill, gazing at the castle.

"Well, here we go again." Toad spoke.

"I know that my brother has already went ahead, but this time I have a bad feeling about him." Luigi's expression changed into one of worry.

Toad glanced up at Luigi, he had hoped that Luigi was wrong in his premonition. Usually, Mario could handle himself against Bowser. He had rescued members of the royal family so many times before.

"Well, here we go." Luigi gulped as he and Toad slowly made their way across the bridge.

Toad gripped the rope on the sides, occasionally looking down at the lava below.

**Oh man....** Toad thought to himself. ** I'd hate to fall in there. **

Luigi slowly inched his way up the bridge. He noticed that Toad was lagging behind. He turned his head to the small resident of Mushroom Kingdom who seemed to be still staring at a fate unwanted.

Toad seemed to be entranced by the lava. He watched as it bubbled and brewed below him, and seemed to be caught in his own fears enough to remain still.

Luigi gave his friend a sympathetic look. Toad stood there for a few minuets, completely still and not speaking.

A few minuets of silence passed. Toad snapped out of his shroud of fear and jumped a bit. He turned to Luigi as if to say "sorry" and plodded up the Mario brother, who waited patiently for him.

The pair both walked up the rest of the bridge and finally made it to the doors. They gazed up and the huge doors that stood in their way. They both walked up and began to pull with all of their might. After a couple attempts they finally pulled the door open a bit. The crack in the door was big enough for Toad to fit through. Toad began to push on the inside of the door. After the door had come open a bit further, Luigi began to help his mushroom-headed friend.

They finally managed to get the door open and snuck their way through. There were minions everywhere, so Toad and Luigi had to be prepared. Toad had no fighting powers and was much weaker than Luigi.

Luigi was pretty much on his own. Many things ran through the plumber's head; thoughts of Mario and what may have, or did happen to him. Luigi could only think the worst for him. He knew he had to get to his brother fast.

It was so strange, they had never had problems facing Bowser before. What had happened? What had gone wrong? Perhaps he had been booby trapped, or ganged up on, but still Mario has had that happen to him before and managed to get away scratch free.

Luigi knew he should have went with Mario that day. The flashback ran through his head of what happened to them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*

It was a bright and sunny day in Mushroom Kingdom. Mario had been called to the royal castle by the Chancellor.

The Mario brothers were sitting on the couch, watching television and having a delicious lunch. Mario had left momentarily to answer the phone.

"Come on Luigi." Mario said as he reentered the room.

"What's wrong Mario?" Luigi said as he shot up off the couch.

"Bowser had just captured Princess Peach. I have to go and help her." Mario stated boldly.

"But brother, " Luigi said with a slightly worried expression and his arm resting on the corner of the sofa.

"No buts Luigi, I have to go." Mario said.

"Could I at least go with you?" Luigi asked. Something didn't seem quite right about the situation.

"Luigi..." Mario trailed.

"I'm not saying you can't do this alone, it's just..." Luigi trailed.

"You can help me get to Bowser's castle, but I should go in by myself." Mario warned. He knew that Bowser was dangerous and he didn't want to put his brother in any danger.

"Luigi."

Silence.

"Luigi."

Silence.

"LU-I-GI!!"

" Huh?"

Luigi turned to Toad, who was being attacked by a Goomba. Luigi turned around in a whirl and fired a fire ball at the Goomba, knocking it away from the frightened Toad and sending it into a nearby wall.

"Thanks, Luigi. I owe you one." Toad said with a sigh of relief.

"Come on." Luigi said as he took off, "We've got to find Mario."

Luigi picked up his pace as he ran through the halls of the castle. He seemed very concerned for his brother's well being.

"Hey!" Toad called out, not seeming to care if he called all attention to himself. "Wait for me!"

Toad struggled to catch up to Luigi who was so far ahead of him.

Luigi and Toad had advanced through Bowser's castle and there were only a few rooms left before they reached Bowser's throne room. Toad and Luigi ran into an abandon room and took a quick reprieve. They stood there, Luigi was hunched over and Toad sat on the cold stone ground panting lightly.

"Whew!" Toad wiped his face. "That was close. That Koopa almost got you."

"I'm pooped." Luigi huffed. "I've got to take a quick break."

"Here." Toad said, handing him a mushroom. "Eat this, it will give you a strength boost."

Luigi took the mushroom gratefully. Shortly after he had eaten the whole thing, he could feel his strength slowly returning.

"Ok," He finally told Toad. "Let's go!"

"Ok." Toad beamed.

Luigi and Toad raced on, heading into whatever lay in their path.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

What will happen next? Will Mario be found, and will he be all right?

Is this story good, crappie, should it continue or should I just stop because it's so ridiculous? Is it OOC? Whatever it is, could someone tell me? Please, please, please leave me a review. It's my first fic and I need opinions!!