Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ Mario Is Hurt! ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 2: Mario's Hurt

As Luigi and Toad advanced through the castle and they got closer and closer to Bowser and Peach. They had walked down a long, driving hallway adorn with the miniature statues of Bowser. Each statue seemed to be an exact replica of the monstrous Koopa himself, they were very well done, right down to the exact detail.

They pushed open yet another set of doors. When they were open they saw Mario laying on the ground. He looked badly beaten up and he did not move. Only the worst could be thought for the plumber.

Luigi and Toad gasped in horror and ran over to the fallen plumber who lay sprawled on the floor.

"Mario." Luigi said as he lifted up his brother's head. "What happened?"

"I was beaten in battle and I ran out of mushrooms." Mario told his brother.

Luigi looked at Toad who gave a sympathetic look. Luigi looked back at the mushroom headed civilian, his eyes burning with fierce determination.

"Don't worry. I'll make Bowser pay for what he's done, and I'll avenge your defeat and save Peach." Luigi promised.

He turned to Toad.

"You stay here and protect Mario. Get him out of here and back to the Pipe House and gather as many mushrooms as you can. He'll need a lot to help his recovery.

Toad nodded. "I'll do my best and hope I don't run into any of Bowser's minions on the way out.

Luigi turned to go and Toad headed off with Mario to go back to the Pipe House.

Luigi looked ahead to see the room that awaited him. He began to grow nervous and a small bead o sweat trickled slowly down his cheek.

"Well, here we go..." Luigi said in a shaky voice. He seemed a little uncertain about his own fate. He had never been in a battle with Bowser without his brother. He's hardly ever been without his brother, it was as if the two had been inseparable. Everything they did and every moment they spent was with each other.

Throughout the years they had participated in so many things, MarioKart, Golf, Tennis...But now.

Now.

He was alone.

There was no Mario to save the day, not now. Luigi had to do it himself, and he wasn't quite sure he could amount up to what his brother could.

Luigi took a few uncertain steps forward and walked up to the door.

** I don't know if I can do this. ** He trembled. **I've never been without my brother to help me. How do I know I can defeat Bowser if he can't? ...Then again how do I know I can't. **

Luigi's face twisted in a courageous look as he pushed open the door.

"Whoa!" He exclaimed as darkness nearly consumed him. The room was pitch black and looked uncertain.

Luigi stood there, thinking about if he should enter the room or turn around and go back. It seemed to him that the means out numbered the odds. He did, in fact, promise to get Bowser for all of the horrible things he's done to Mario as well as the innocent citizens of Mushroom Kingdom and the other lands across Mario World.

He wished that Mario was there to help see him through. There was nothing he could do now but face his fears and just walk in.

Luigi took a few steps inside of the darkened room, and stopped a moment. He took a deep breath and continued to walk into the room. Luigi walked into the room, facing the darkness ahead and hoping to see a light at the end of the tunnel of despair.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*