Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ Into the Darkness ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I finally updated. Due to my anime fics, this one has kind of been neglected. >< Sorry all. I'll try to update more often. I'm working on 9 fics right now and yeah....It's a lot of work.

Chapter 3: Into the Darkness

Luigi walked into the dark room.

"Momma meya. It'sa dark ina here." He said as he put a hand in front of his face, checking for the slightest hint of it, but there is none.

Luigi walked a bit deeper into the darkness, not exactly sure where he was going, or how far he could walk before there was a wall of some other type of obstacle in his way.

He could hear his breath echoed around the room and he could hear his footsteps as he walked. The room seemed long and drawing, almost as if it would never end. He brought his arms closer to his body for extra warmth as he shivered to himself and let out a misty breath into the black air.

All around the room, Luigi could hear haunting and eerie noises. Noises not made by human nor Koopa. They sent child down the plumber's spine.

Luigi soon saw a small, dim light at the end of what seemed to be a long hall. The plumber slowly approached the light, unsure of what exactly would become of him at the end of the darkened room.

As he neared the room, every possible thought came to mind of what could possibly be in that next room. Luigi had to do this though, for his brother. Mario's sake depended on this. There was no way that Bowser could get away with what he's done. He may have defeated Mario briefly, but a brother's blood runs thicker then anything Bowser could send at him.

Luigi walked up to the doorway of the next room and gazed upon a large drab brown sack with something wriggling inside of it. He shrank back, unsure of what to do.

** If I open it, Koopas might jump out. It could be a trap, just like the one Mario fell into. I can't fall for it...** Luigi thought, still glaring at the bag of who knows what.

The bag flopped over on the ground with a thud, and small groaning noises came from it. Luigi took a step back in surprise.

** What if it's not a trap though? What if it's someone who really needs help. It could be Peach even. ** Luigi soon became to think logic into this. ** Why would they just leave it out here all alone? If it was that important, why would it be left unguarded? **

The bag's efforts of flopping around the small space had grown less and less as Luigi's thoughts grew deeper and deeper.

**Well, trap or not, I have to see what's in there. It could be something useful. **

With that thought, Luigi went over to the bag and opened it. To his surprise it was something that could be a bit useful.

A small green dinosaur head popped out of the bag. It was Yoshi.

"Man, I thought I'd never get out of there." Yoshi replied, rubbing his head.

"Yoshi?" Luigi shrank back in question.

"Hi Luigi, what are you doing here?" Yoshi asked. "No offense but I was expecting Mario."

"How'd you get here?" Luigi asked.

"I don't remember. The last thing I know, I was walking around eating berries off of the bushes in Dinosaur Land, then everything went black and I was in this musty bag. By the way, where is Mario?"

"Something terrible happened.." Luigi trailed as Yoshi crawled his way out of the bag. The dinosaur went over to Luigi and listened to his story.

Luigi began to explain to Yoshi about the sudden course of events. This was all a shock for the young dinosaur.

"That's bad!" He exclaimed. "We've got to help Mario!"

"That's what I'm trying to do, but I seem lost right now." Luigi told his reptilian friend.

"We should work together, besides, if Mario would have done this on his own, I'd be trapped in this bag forever and who knows what would happen."

"Right." Luigi nodded in agreement. "Let's do this together."

"We may not be Mario, but I'm pretty sure we'll be an awesome team." Yoshi agreed.

"For Mario's sake!" The both of them said in unison.

"One slight problem." Luigi said.

"What's that?"

"This is a dead end." Luigi pointed to the wall.

"We'll have to go back the way we came."

"Hope on my back, I'll take you out of this." Yoshi offered his assistance.

Luigi hopped on Yoshi's back and Yoshi soon began to travel down the room into the dark hallway.

"Watch your step Yoshi, " Luigi warned. "The room ahead is really dark, and it's impossible to see anything."

"Right," Yoshi agreed. "I'll just keep on track the best I can. I'll try to travel in a straight line, so if anything happens, it will just be because I trip on something.....Hopefully.."

Yoshi and Luigi soon disappeared into the darkness, on their way to fight Bowser. Luigi was glad that he had a team member on this. Yoshi would provide company and help whenever it was needed. They were one step closer to saving Peach, and making Mario proud.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Thanks for the reviews!! I love you all! I'm glad your enjoying this fic of mine, considering it's a first. I have two more Mario fics on the way, one is about Toad, and the other is about Peach.

Please review now! I'll be forever grateful!