Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ Traps and Treachery! ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

I’m baaaack! Sorry about that, my computer was broken down for a while. Now I’m on an update tangent!! I’m updating like crazy!! This fic was one of those that needed it, badly -_-;

Well, enjoy!

It’s Up to Me!

Chapter 4: Traps and Treachery!

Luigi and Yoshi rode deeper and deeper into the long, drawing cave, it seemed much longer then before this time. He was sure that he had not gone this far to get to the end of the cave.

“How much farther?” He asked his dinosaur friend.

“I could have sword it was much shorter the last time, or rather, it looked shorter.” Yoshi said.

Luigi put one gloved hand over his eyebrows, to see if he could spot the end, but to no avail. All Luigi could see was darkness.

 

“See anything?”

“No.”

“Well, I’m getting kind of tired of walking so far.” Yoshi explained.

Just as it seemed the Yoshi couldn’t go any further, the two of them spotted an exit. It was dimly lit and seemed eerie against the pale, wet bricks of the exit.

They went through the opening and were quite surprised at what they had seen.

“This isn’t the way I entered through...” Luigi noted.

“You sure?” Yoshi asked, he wasn’t able to see anything through being knocked out and bagged.

“Positive...How did we end up here?” He asked.

“Maybe I took a different way.” Yoshi suggested.

“But we went straight ahead, with no turns...” Luigi answered. “How could that be?”

Yoshi looked around. “You think Bowser and the Koopalings could be behind this somehow?”

“Of course, isn’t Bowser responsible for almost everything that goes on around here?” He asked.

“I can only think of a few times that Bowser wasn’t actually responsible.” Luigi noted, it was true, through all of their adventures, it had been mostly their arch enemy, Bowser, who they had been up against. He probably had his kids in on it as well.

 

Could this be another one of Bowser’s plans?

 

“What is this place, some kind of illusion?” Luigi asked.

 

“Maybe, so. It could be like a giant warp pipe or something.” Yoshi suggested.

 

“Whatever it is, we don’t have a choice but to go ahead.” Luigi said.

 

“ Well, if we go back, then we’ll probably be more confused, and become more lost.”

 

“It’s best that we stick together.”

 

Yoshi and Luigi rode through the dimly lit room. It was hard to see the ground, and at moments, the ground didn’t seem too stable. There were a couple of times that they could have easily fallen through. they thought they had made it across, when Yoshi stepped on a part of the ground and a loud crunching noise was heard.

 

The board beneath the both of them snapped.

 

With a scream, Yoshi and Luigi went plummeting into the darkness.

 

They yelled and screamed and their fall lasted quite a while. They finally hit the ground with a thud.

 

“Ouch.” Yoshi said, laying flat on his back.

 

“Mmmmfpf grmmmpf.”

 

“Huh?” Yoshi sat up, not noticing the green and blue figure beneath him.

 

“Mmmmph Off!”

 

Yoshi looked around. “Luigi?”

 

“Mmmmph!!”

< b> 

“Oh!” Yoshi jumped up to see the younger plumber underneath him.

 

“I’m really sorry Luigi! Are you all right?” the green dinosuar apologized.

 

“I’m fine. Let’s go find Bowser.”

 

“Right... but where are we now?”

 

“Who knows?”

 

Yoshi and Luigi decided to walk around some more. It was the only thing they could think of since they had no exact idea of where they were anyway. After a time of walking and ending up in several different rooms. They were beginning to get flustered with their failed attempts.

 

“I wish Mario were here.” Luigi said. “He’d know what to do.”

 

“We can’t give up!” Yoshi said, his voice filled with confidence. “ Mario needs us! We have to pull through somehow! We can’t let him down!”

 

“Your right.” Luigi seemed to perk up for a bit.

 

“But, what do we do?”

 

“I’m not sure.”

 

“I know!” Luigi thought of an idea. “How about we put our heads together and see if we can come up with a solution.”

 

“Let’s think on this.”

 

The two sat in contemplation. They were in a room under another room. They had to find a way to get to the top room.

 

“How about you jump up there.”Yoshi said.

 

“How would you get up?” Luigi asked.

 

“Good question...Maybe you could go find a blue shell and throw it down here for me to eat.” Yoshi asked.

 

“What if there isn’t any blue shells?”

 

“Egh...” Yoshi let out a sound of dismay.

 

Luigi began to think yet again, trying to come up with a plan.

 

“Hey, I see some kind of levers over there.” Luigi said.

 

Yoshi and Luigi walked over to the levers and began to tug, toping one of them would work. They were a bit rusty and hard to open. No doubt Bowser had that in mind.

 

The first lever didn’t work, so they tried the second lever. That lever moved easier then the last. They pushed it up and the wall seemed to open up. They stared blankly at the opening.

 

“Should we run through?” Yoshi asked.

 

“Might be a trap.” Luigi stated.

 

They could hear a rush of something. This sent the chills of the unknown up and down their spines.

 

“What was that?” Yoshi asked nervously.

 

“I..I don’t know.” Luigi stammered as he took a step back.

 

“Gah!!”Both yelled in unison. “WATER!!”

 

They attempted to run, but they could not outrun that much water all at once. The two were swept away in the large current that poured from the large, opened space in the wall. They yelled and screamed as they were being swept down the castle halls, not knowing where they would end up and hoping it wasn’t in the lava mote that surrounded Bowser’s castle.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Well, that’s all from me for now. Hope no one’s forgotten about me. ^^; Sorry about the lack of updates, my computer’s been down lately. But now I’m up and back in action, and that’s always good. Now do me a favor and make sure this story gets updated faster, R&R!!

 

R&R please!!

 

 

 

 

  ;