Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ Hurry Toad! Get Mario Back to the Castle! ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It’s Up to Me!

Chapter 5: Hurry Toad! Get Mario Back to the Castle!

Toad ran as fast as he could, the injured Mario wearily laying over his shoulder.

They had finally managed to get out of Bowser’s Castle, now all they had to do was make their way back to Mushroom Kingdom safely and that was no simple task. The Koopa King had to have his evil minions trampling around all over the horizon, and Toad was to small and weak to fight, not like Mario had once been.

The mushroom headed boy had always been grateful and owed the plumber brothers a great deal, he never thought that once he would be the one saving Mario’s life...

He ran for quite a while, his fear driving him to run faster then usual. As he climbed up a hill, he began to slow his pace. His little legs grew tired of the weight of his ally and going uphill.

Toad panted and stopped when he reached the peak. He sat Mario down, then took a seat on a large rock to catch his breath.

Whew!” The mushroom-headed boy wiped a few sweat drops from his forehead. “I think I’m far enough away for now. Time for a rest. Too bad I don’t have any mushrooms, I gave them all to Luigi before I left.”

Toad glanced over to Mario, who appeared almost in a dead sleep.

**I hope it’s not too late, Mario. ** He thought to himself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*

The waterlogged Luigi slowly opened one eye. The blurs seemed to clear slowly and the plumber sat up, coughing the water from his lungs. He stood up, soaked to the bone, all around him, the floor had a thin layer of water on it.

It seemed as if the water all spilled out from somewhere in the room.

The room was dark and eerie, filled with haunting noises; the blowing and howling of the wind, the creaking of old wood and the silent swirling of water. It sounded much like the rushing tides of the sea, but they’re no where near the sea....Are they?

Luigi looked around, the top half of the room seemed to be engulfed in darkness, while the lower half was simply an old, wooden floor with nothing around for miles. The wood had been soggy and decayed in places, due to extensive water damage.

Luigi began to step cautiously around, searching for Yoshi. He and Yoshi had been washed into the same room, or so he thought.

Yoshi!”He called. “Hey Yoshi!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Toad had finally managed to make it to the steps of Mushroom Kingdom’s castle and hurried inside with our injured hero.

The Chancellor was taking a snooze in his throne when Toad ran in.

“Chancellor!Chancellor!” He shouted. “This is urgent!”

“Huh? Wha-Wha?!” The Chancellor fell from his throne and toppled onto the ground. the guards around him were snickering to themselves, trying not to laugh, but their faces soon turned dire when they had seen what Toad held over his shoulder.

“Good gracious!” The Chancellor exclaimed, straightening his large, mushroom shaped hat.

“Mario is injured.” Toad exclaimed, “He needs help!”

“Get him up to the quest room! Quickly!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 Luigi kept walking until he tripped over something in his path. It was so dark that you couldn’t tell what exactly was in your way.

 

Whaaaaa-!!”The plumber fell.

 

“Momma Meeya, that’a hurt!” He rubbed his head, which had collided with the old wooden floor.

 

“Hey Luigi,” Yoshi winced in pain. “Mind not falling over me next time? Dinosaurs have feelings too.”

 

“Sorry Yoshi, I was trying to find out where we were.” Luigi looked around the darkened room.

 

“Oh, it looks scary.” Yoshi shrunk back.

 

The plumber was silent, looking around the vast abyss of darkness. Yoshi gazed around as well. They could faintly hear the sound of water sloshing and dripping around them. The floor creaked beneath their feet, almost as if they were on some type of old pirate ship or something.

 

“Wherever we are, there’s definitely water around.” Yoshi stated the obvious.

 

“But that’s the point, where are we?” Luigi asked, throwing out his hands in question. “It sounds like we’re at the beach, but...We can’t be...We’re still in Bowser’s Castle...Or at least I thought.”

 

“Could be a trick.” Yoshi warned. “Remember all of the other things Bowser did to us? The only time he even allied with you guys is when you were going to fight Smithy.”

 

“That’s true, and it was reluctantly at that.” Luigi replied.

 

The two of them walked along the old, damp, creaking floor. Suddenly, there was a jolt in the floor, knocking the two off of their feet. They fell with a thud after flying back from the sudden jolt, Yoshi fell on his side, and Luigi on his posterior.

 

The boards of the floor came flying upwards, shooting in every direction and making noises of destruction. The plumber and the dinosaur could only stare in awe at what they saw before them.

 

A giant sea snake, that was a deep shade of blue. She had long fins and horns on each side of her head. Her body must have been longer then any ship by far, and she had her sights set on Luigi and Yoshi. The two looked around as the room began to slowly light itself. The snake’s features slowly showing. The snake had fins of light blue and razor sharp teeth, almost like that of a shark. Blue eyes and an eel-like appearance. This was no ordinary water snake, this was a sea serpent.

 

“This is a trick!” Luigi shouted. “Bowser laid another trap for us!”

 

“Oh, I knew it.” Yoshi pouted. “This just isn’t any of our days, is it?”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Yeah, I know, I know, not much and I left off at a cliffie. I’m so mean, but I’m also so behind. I need to get in gear and write some more. Well, since I finally updated, look for more updates from me later on. The next chapter will reveal Luigi and the Sea Snake, and probably catch up on Mario’s recovery and Peach will hopefully make the scene as well.

 

Well, you know what to do, R&R!!

 

 

 

   < /div>