Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ Worries ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I’m here to bring more chapters. Actually, I’ve been gone for quite a while and I’m making up excuses. I could make up all of the excuses in the world, but no one wants to hear them.

I was working on a fic for a contest, and I won one of the categories in that contest. Hooray for me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*

It’s Up To Me!

Chapter 6: Worries

“Greetings, my name is Minerva. I am the Sea Serpent of the deep.” The Serpent greeted the two in a rather, cat-like voice.

“Minerva?” Luigi questioned.

“Seems scary....” Yoshi gulped in fear.

“You think she’d just let us pass?” Luigi turned and questioned his little green friend, who stood next to him, quaking in fear at the sight of the monstrosity in front of them.

*~*

Back in Mushroom Village, Toad was sitting quietly at Mario’s bedside. He was gently rubbing a wet rag over his bristly features.

** I hope he’ll be all right. ** Toad thought to himself, looking out of the window at the horizon, which was sunny and bright due to the atmosphere of the situation.

Mario stirred a bit, and rolled over to one side.

Toad glanced at the tired plumber.

** I wonder how Yoshi and Luigi are doing. They have to face Bowser’s minions all on their own and Mario can’t help. I just hope they can pull through. Luigi’s never been on a solo mission before. He’s always been with Mario so they could cover each other in battle. **

It was true, the brothers have never been separated for long. And now, for the first time in a long while, they were torn apart by a twist of fate.

Mario was counting on Luigi to fulfill the task at hand.

He just hoped that he could.

** Poor Mario. ** Toad thought to himself.

He already had the guard go into the town and fetch a much needed mushroom. Actually, given the plumber’s condition, he needs more.

Much more...

** Well...** Toad put a finger to his lips in contemplation.

** You know...Luigi wasn’t completely alone. He had Yoshi. Yoshi usually goes on missions with Mario and the two of them come out on the top. So, maybe Yoshi could help Luigi somehow. **

The little mushroom-headed boy let out a sigh as he flopped his arms down on the window sill of Mushroom Castle, looking into the sunlight.

** How can things be so sunny out there, when everything’s so gloomy in here? ** He thought despairingly to himself. ** I just hope Luigi and Yoshi make it in time. **

“I wonder how Peach is doing, all alone with that blasted Koopa.” Toad thought to himself.

He balled up his fists even thinking of the dreaded Koopa King and his children.

** It’s not fair. this is all his fault! ** Toad thought angrily to himself. ** We can’t ever live in peace because of him!**

Toad slammed his fist on the wooden window sill, making a small knock which caused Mario to roll over in bed.

The mushroom headed boy looked over his shoulder. He had almost forgotten Mario was trying to sleep.

** I should be more careful of what I’m doing, or I’ll wake up Mario. **

“ I can’t wait until Peach is back and everything’s peaceful again.” Toad sighed to himself.

“Come on Luigi, pull through for us. It’s not that I don’t have faith in you...It’s just that you’ve never had to do this type of thing on your own and I worry for your safety. “ Toad thought aloud. “You are my friend, no matter what, and I don’t know what I, or anyone else would do if you died.”

The mushroom headed boy shook his head, ridding his mind of any negative thoughts.

“Of course you won’t die. What am I talking about?!” Toad cursed darkly to himself. “How could I have said such a thing!? Idiot, idiot, idiot!”

** Of course I believe in you, Luigi! ** Toad looked up determined not to let his negativity get the best of him. ** Someone has to have faith, and when there’s a will, there’s a way! **

“I’m counting on you...Luigi. We’re all counting on you!”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Wow, it has been an ultra long time since I’ve updated. Sorry about that. I’ve been so busy with my school , and tests and pets and home and....Well, you get the picture. ^^;

Hopefully I’ll have more time to update in the future, since school is about to be out and such.

I hope I haven’t lost any reviewers and sorry about the chapter length.

I promise a longer chapter next time.

Oh yeah, and I’ll put some of Peaches’ thoughts in as well.

Anyway, sorry again and please R&R and tell me what you think. Even if it is a “Good job,” or “Great story” I still want to know. Reviews are very precious to me and I really love hearing from you, so please take the time to review!!

Well, bye for now, but now forever!

I’ll be back!!