Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ Trapped! ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ok, here I go with a little of Peaches' P.O.V. for a little character insight.  Sorry for not updating, I've had writer's block and my computer broke and…. No one really wants to hear my excuses anyway.  Well, I'm back and I'm updating, though I don't know when my next update will be.

Anyway, please take the time to leave me a kind review.  I know this fanfic doesn't have a lot of reviews like my others do, but I'm still working on it!

It's Up To Me!

Chapter 7: Trapped!

Bowser sat upon his mighty throne aligned with spikes and bones.  His plan was going according to plan, with Mario out of the way, and Luigi and Yoshi coming to their demise, there was no way this could have a flaw, right?

Peach sat in her desolate cell; the walls were unappealing and cold.  They were build from large gray stones, and it smelled musty and old in the cell.   She felt as if she'd been down there for what seemed months, but it was only days.

She had no windows, or even a hole in the wall to see the outside world, though she didn't like the sight of lava, she found it to be more appealing then the cold, hard, stone walls of the cell.

I wonder what's taking Mario so long. She thought to herself.  He should have been here by now.  Has Bowser actually come up with a plan that proved fool proof?

A terrible premonition indeed.  It was once that Peach tried to rid quickly.

That can't be! She thought in a fright.  Mario can't be gone, he just can't!  He's Mario!  I mean, we've had so many run ins with dangerous things in the past, not only with Bowser, but with people like Booster, Bowyer and Smithy, as well as the Axem Rangers.  All throughout those adventures, Mario always came out on top.  I have to believe in him! 

She looked defiant.

They say if you lose faith in someone, they lose faith in themselves, so I still have faith in you, Mario.  I believe in you.

Peach looked up to the corner of the cell, which was harboring a large spider web.

Come to think of it, when we fought Smithy, wasn't Bowser fighting with us?  Of course he was…Only to get his castle back.  What a first class jerk!...But then again, he acted so differently, as if there was some way we could all get along.  Mario seemed to soften him up.  He has that effect on people, I guess. 

The blonde suddenly snapped back into a realization.  Wait a minuet!  Did I just think Bowser could change?!  Of course not!  NO WAY!!  I mean, as soon as the whole Smithy incident was over, he was back to his old tricks!

She looked down.  Look what he's done!  Gone and made me think higher of him.

She pouted to herself as she slumped into the corner of the cell.

"I wonder how long I've been in here." She asked herself, trying to rid her head of the whole 'Bowser could be a good guy' theory.  The princess let out a sigh and wondered how everyone was doing.   She had hoped that MushroomKingdom was safe and that there weren't any signs of an appending apocalypse.

She held both fear and hopes for her friends and had often wondered about their state of being.

Peach cared not only for her people, but for her friends well, especially Mario and Luigi.

If only she could tell them of Bowser's plans!

But she couldn't even escape from her cell to tell them, and if she came home, what would she find?

She didn't know where either Mario or Luigi were, so she'd be searching on estimated guesses.

Guess all she could do was wait.

From the dark confines of the cell, something had been watching her with glimmering eyes.  During the Princess's contemplations, she had failed to notice that she was, indeed, being watched.    The small being, who hid in the dark corner of the room had eyes set intently on our Princess.

Slowly, but surely, as the Princess thought and sat n despair, the tiny form made it's way slowly over to the Princess.  Whoever they were, they were making sure as to not step the wrong way.

Peach didn't hear the soft footsteps approaching her from the opposite end of the dark, dank cell.

She had her back turned, her knees up and her hand behind her on the ground to stable herself as she leaned back upon them, seeming to stare sorrowfully at the wall, as if she stared at it long enough, she would be able to see right through it to the outside world.

The diminutive figure was creeping closer and closer.

"I wish I could get out of here and be free!" Peach thought aloud.  "I don't want to be stuck in here.  I'd rather be in MushroomKingdom, I'd rather be happy."

The small figure stopped a few footsteps from its destination.  Something about the young blonde's words seemed to trigger hidden feelings inside of the shadowy being. 

Something deep and sacred…

A shadow of its head could be seen slowly drifting its sights to the floor in quite a sorrowful manner.  It couldn't help but feel a deep set sorrow.

Were they a prisoner too?

Just as Peach was. . .

But who was it?

What did they want?

What were they going to do with Peach?

The small figure sat quietly beside of Peach, who seemed to feel no presence of a form near her.  After all, she did figure that she was all alone.  Bowser's only prisoner…

The Princess sighed and felt tears well in her eyes as all of her thoughts came to the conclusion that she was helpless, alone and could not help anyone.  She was even completely aware of what was happening to her friends.

After a short while, she felt a crystalline tear trail down her cheek.

In the midst of the tears trail, she felt a hand wipe it away.

Eyes widening at who it might be, the princes whirled around and let out a gasp at who she saw.

I know, I know, it was a mean thing to do, so sue me!  But you'll find out who it is in the next chapter, and also more of the fight that Luigi and Yoshi are having at the moment.  I didn't forget!  My PC was broken and I had writer's block, but now I'm back to stay and I'll be updating freqently!

Please R&R, no matter if it just says one word, they all matter to me, so please please take the time to review!  It means a lot to me!