Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ You Are Not Alone! ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Well, here I am with chapter 8 for all of you Mario fans.  Now the important question will be answered.  Who exactly is in the cell with Peach, well, wouldn’t you like to know.

Anyway, since I’m on an updating spree, you’ll find out soon enough!

Chapter 8: You Are Not Alone!

Peach turned and gasped at the sight before her.  There stood a Koopa!

The tiny shelled being winced back, as if he were being struck and the blonde let out a scream.

“DON’T TOUCH ME!”

The tiny Koopa ran back into the darkness, leaving the princess subject to the darkness around her.

She sat there, backed against the wall, wide-eyed, and holding her chest with her hand.  The girl breathed heavily, frightened to find something that was her enemy in a cell with her.

After a few minuets, the blonde heir to the throne thought about what had just happened.

What a second… She thought to herself, bringing a finger up to her lips.  What was one of Bowser’s Koopas doing in a cell with her instead of performing its deeds for it’s king?

The princess blinked a few times, trying to conjure up more thoughts.

Meanwhile, Yoshi and Luigi were having troubles of the own.  The mighty serpent brought her massive head down to bite the two, and using his Super Jump technique, Luigi was able to escape the massive head of the serpent, carrying Yoshi with him.

“Momma- Meeya thata was close!” Luigi huffed in mid air, carrying his green friend who was hiding his eyes.

Yoshi slowly uncovered his eyes, as if to say, “I’m alive?” and looked around. 

“Huh?”  The young dino looked down and saw that Luigi had indeed saved him.

“Thanks Luigi!  That was a close one!”

“We’re not out of danger yet!” Luigi remarked.

Peach stood up in her dark, dank cell. 

“Hey!” She called out to the diminutive figure.

“Y-yes?” The figure replied with a shake to its voice, as if it were being scolded.

Why is it afraid of me? She asked herself in her mind and blinked two more times, a bit confused by the being’s actions.

“Why are you in here?” The princess asked, inching her way over to the figure with curiosity.

“Please don’t hurt me!  I just wanted to help you!” The Koopa protested.

Peach put her hands up to her shoulders.  “ I’m not going to hurt you!  I promise!”

“You’re not….?”

“No.”

The being, which was covering him, as if he were going to get beaten, slowly began to put his arms down.

“I just want to know what you’re doing here….And…why you wiped away my tears when I was crying…”  Peach retorted slowly.

“I …” The Koopa trailed.  “I was locked in here by Bowser.  I went against his orders, so he locked me in here.  I was never much of a bad guy, and I never succeeded any of my missions.  I didn’t want to do what I was doing, but I don’t have much of a choice.  He IS my King.”

“If he was a good king, he’d respect you as a subject, not lock you in a cell because you were doing something you didn’t want to do!” Peach replied.

“True…I thought I was alone in here, until I saw you.  I’ve been in here for years, and it was lonely.  Most of the other prisoners never lasted long, but I hid when they came back to take prisoners away.” The Koopa looked down sadly.

Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder.  “It’s ok; I’ll help you get out of here!”

“Really?”

“You can come back with me, to MushroomKingdom.”  The princess beamed.

“But I couldn’t!  They hate people like me there!”

“Not if I told them that you helped save me.” She insisted.

“Don’t you think I’d be better off in KoopaTroopaBeach or somewhere like that?”

“I suppose, it really doesn’t matter.  As long as we get out of here, right?”  Peach beamed.

The small Koopa nodded.

Peach extended her hand to the little one, who shook it lightly. 

“From now on, we’re a team!”

“Right, happy to team up with you, my Princess.”  The small Koopa beamed.

Peach looked confused.  “Your…Princess?”

“Yes, if I’m going to get out from under Bowser’s rule, I’m going to have to look up to some other royal official.  What better person then you?”

Peach blushed.  “I don’t really deserve it.  If I would have been more careful, I wouldn’t be in here.”

“I could say the same for me, princess.” The Koopa replied.

“Oh!” Peach threw her hands up to the sides of her face.  “I forgot to ask what your name was!  Forgive my rudeness!”

“My name is Jurachi.  I should have told you earlier.” The Koopa said as he scratched the back of his head nervously.

“Nice to meet you, Jurachi.” Peach replied happily.

“Well, now that we know each other.” Peach continued.  “Let’s team up and find a way out of this pit!”

“Right, my princess.” Jurachi half bowed courteously.

The alliance between peach and Jurachi had been formed.  The Koopa was determined to help his newly found princess to escape the rule to the tyrant, Bowser and to find peach elsewhere, where Koopas could live in peace.

Luigi and Yoshi were still having trouble fighting the large serpent.  She had seemed to be giving them quite a run for their money, as well as a run for their life!

“Well, first things first.” Peach said to herself.

“Yes?”

“How do we get out of here?” She threw her arms out to her sides.

“Of course.” The Koopa thought long and hard on this one.  “You know, I think I may have a way that both of us can escape unharmed, but we’ll have to be very precise at what we do.  We can’t have one error.”

“I’m listening.” Peach knelt down to his level.

Jurachi began to go into his intricate plan, making sure no one was listening in and also keeping quiet in speech.

Here’s the end of that chapter.  Please leave a kind review.  I’m surprised at my reviews as well.  Thanks all for your great reading!  I might writer another Mario fic, if I feel like it after writing this one.

I need to do some updating, that’s for sure.  I’m going to see what I can do with a few Inuyasha fics and such.  Anyway, please review even if it’s one word.  I really love getting and reading your thoughts on my works!