Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ Strength of Bonds ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Now, time for the fanfic!!

………

It’s Up To Me!

Chapter 9: Strength of Bonds

………

Minerva lay on the ground, motionless.  Luigi and Yoshi were both exhausted from their battle and decided to take a rest to recover their energy. 

“Whew!  That was a close one!”  Yoshi panted.

“No joke.  Minerva is one tough sea snake.” Luigi sat against an old wooden wall and wiped a bit of sweat from his temples.  “I wonder what she was doing working with Bowser?”

“Maybe she wasn’t even working for Bowser, perhaps she was just protecting her territory.” The young dinosaur suggested.

“Whatever reason it was, she can’t mess with us now.”

“I’m just glad that fight was over.”

“Me too.”

They both sat in silence, and all that could be heard was the light panting and a hollow noise of the winds from outside.

“So..” Luigi finally said after a few moments of silence.

“So?” Yoshi asked, looking at his tired friend.

“Where do we go from here?” Luigi asked.

“We can’t even see all that well.” Yoshi narrowed his eyes, trying to see in the dark chasm, but to no avail, all that could be seen was pitch black darkness.

“I’d hate to see what all was in here if we turned on the lights.”

“M-maybe, I d-don’t want to know.” Yoshi shook with fear at the thought of any impending danger that may be lurking nearby.

“This wood is so soggy and rotted; we’ll have to watch our step!” Luigi advised, noting that they were up to their ankles n water, and the wood had kept them high and dry until now.

“I wonder if Peach is ok.” Yoshi said absentmindedly.

“I don’t know Yoshi.” Luigi sighed, putting his hands to either side of his face. “Wherever she is, I hope that she can avoid Bowser long enough for us to come and save her.”

“Hey Luigi.”

“Yeah?”

“Do you think we can save Peach?” Yoshi inquired, a look of worry etched onto his features.

“What do you mean?” Luigi turned his head to look at the small green one.

“I mean, we’ve never done this without Mario before…” He trailed off.

“Don’t worry Yoshi.” Luigi smiled.  “I’m sure that wherever Mario is, he’s rooting for us!  All of Mushroom Kingdom is as well, not to mention Peach.  We have to do this, for our friends!”

Yoshi nodded at his friend’s inspirational speech.  “We can’t let him down! Especially when he’s been there for us!”

“Right! That’s the spirit, Yoshi!”

“But I’m still scared…”

Luigi kept from anime falling at the comment.

“Well, I never said you had to be brave…I suppose…” Luigi rubbed the back of his head as a small bead of sweat trickled down his cheek.

The place fell silent, except for the crackling of  the wood beneath them, and the faint sound of the tides of the water.

Minerva still lay there, in her death-like sleep.

&&&&&&&

Back at Mushroom Kingdom, Toad waited patiently by Mario’s bedside, pondering to himself.

‘I hope Mario can pull through.’ He thought to himself.  ‘I wonder if Luigi and Yoshi are all right?’

The small being looked up at something that was very interesting…the ceiling.

He almost jumped out of his shoes when he heard the door open.

“Ahhhhhhhhhh-“ Hecovered his mouth, as to not wake up the slumbering plumber.

“Shhhhh!” The Chancellor put a finger over his lips to try and hush Toad.  “It’s just me, the Chancellor.”

“Oh, whew!” Toad wiped imaginary sweat from his forehead.  “Don’t do that to me!  You nearly made me jump through the ceiling!”

“Sorry.” The Chancellor sweat dropped. “My apologies.  I just came to check on Mario.  How is he doing?”

“Resting peacefully as of now.”

“I see.”  The Chancellor turned. “That’s all I wanted, I’ll get back to the throne room and see what else needs tending to.”

Toad nodded in response.

The room fell silent.

(Toad- There’s too much silence in this fanfic.)

(Me- I know intense, ne?)

After a while of silence and little movement, Toad went back to sitting at Mario’s bedside, and trying to quell his now fast beating heart.

‘ He nearly scared the spores right out of me!’ He thought.  ‘ Oh well…’

The small one sighed and looked at the sleeping plumber, who turned towards him and let out a sigh of his own.

‘Get well soon, Mario.’

Toad gave a small smile at the slumbering plumber, as if he knew that in the end, despite Luigi and Yoshi’s predicament, that everything would be all right and Peach would soon return to Mushroom Kingdom.

‘I know you can, Mario.  Don’t let us down.’

Toad looked up once more.

‘You either, Luigi.  Defeat Bowser and bring Peach back to us!’

&&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&

Well, that’s all for this chapter!  Nice to see that people like it.  Please review!  In the next chapter, Peach and Jurachi’s plan will be put into motion.

For the final time, Jurachi is not a pokemon name, it’s a male Japanese name.  I’ve never watched, nor been interested in Pokemon, I’ve also never heard Jurachi used in the pokemon series, maybe it’s some new pokemon or something, but the name was clearly Japanese from my point of view, nothing pokemon-related of the matter.  Whether you believe me or not is of your own accord, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop writing, take that how you will.

I’m not getting angry, none of you are worth it anyway.  I don’t even know you.

On the lighter side, please review!