Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ Disguise ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

>>>>>>>>>>>>> ;

It’s Up To Me!

Chapter 10:  Disguise

>>>>>>>>>>> < p>Peach and Jurachi waited for Bowser’s guards to open the door and give them something that was supposed to resemble food.  Finally, after much patience and wait, the guards came to feed them, the two prisoners each took their respective spots behind the door, awaiting with hard, long objects to knock them out with.  The guards opened the door, slowly and steadily, Peach tried to keep from wincing in pain as the door pushed her body into the wall. 

After a few minuets of being sandwiched in between the wall and door, Peach and Jurachi jumped out and hit the objects hard against the guards’ heads, knocking them out cold.

“Great job, Princess!” Jurachi told the blonde. 

Peach looked at the guards laying on the floor with sleeping expressions.   She held her chest with one hand. 

“Thanks.”

“Right, now time for phase two.”

“Phase..two?” The princess asked; seeming confused.

“We’ll take off their clothes, and disguise ourselves as guards.  After that, we’ll use the excuse that we’ve been sent on out on scout by Bowser.  After that, we should be able to get out with no problem.”  Jurachi explained.

“Sounds great!” Peach nodded.  “All we have to do is get past the gates and off of Vista Hill.”

“Let’s go!” 

>>>>>

The princess and the Koopa quickly dressed themselves as the two knocked out guards.  They then tied the guards up and gagged them with some rope they’d found and used their “dinner” to promptly shove in their mouths.  After doing this, they proceeded to head out of the door, locking it behind them and making sure to keep the key, incase they did get caught and had to go back to their respective cell.

Peach decided to hide the key in her brooch, the guards would never expect to look there. 

They both headed down the halls and seemed to be advancing well.  No one had spotted them as of yet and the two seemed to be moving along with no complications.   The halls seemed clear that day.  They both had guessed that Bowser sent his minions out to wreak more havoc upon unsuspecting people.

I hope that Toad and Mario are all right.  I wonder what Luigi and Yoshi are doing as well.  Are they trying to save me?  Why haven’t they yet?  I hope Mario didn’t get injured…But that’s not like him!  He’s always pulled through for us before..’ Peach thought to herself.  She then looked at Jurachi, who was walking beside of her.

‘Why is he helping me anyway?  I mean…He’s a Koopa ..One of Bowser’s minions…I’m still feeling a bit skeptical…”  Peach put a finger to her lips.

“Something wrong?” Jurachi would have arched an eyebrow if he could have.

“Oh!” Peach put a hand to her chest.  “No, nothing at all.”

The blonde princess could feel sweat roll down the back of her head.    The small Koopa just gave her a quizzical look.

They advanced a while, still being unnoticed.  Then, after a long time of just walking and being very cautious of which, they came across some guards.  Both of them froze.  

“Um…” Peach retorted under her breath.

“Don’t worry, just act normal.” Jurachi whispered.  

Peach gave a silent nod.

They continued to walk casually by the guards.  

One of the guards sends them a look out of their preverbal vision, which sent shivers up and down their spines.  

“Hey you two!” One of the guards turned to them.

‘ Do they mean us?!’ Jurachi thought as he felt his body stiffen up.

‘ Oh no!’ Peach thought as well, her own body stiffening up.

“I’m talking to you. “ The guard yelled in their direction.

Peach and Jurachi pointed to themselves in unison, both afraid of what the outcome might be.  

HEY!”

Both of them flinched, fearing for the worst. 

Then….

A voice from behind edged closer, apologizing furiously for their late arrival. 

“Sorry!  I was caught up in something!” Another guard ran up in a hurry and out of breath.

“Bowser wishes to see you, and you’re in promptness is making his impatience grow.” 

“Right!”  The guard ran hurriedly into the throne room.

‘ I was almost a gonner!’ Jurachi thought to himself, trying not to be obvious while wiping the tiny sweat beads that had formed off of his head.

‘That was close.  .  . But I’m not out of the clear yet…’ Peach thought to herself. 

They both walked away from the guards, happy that they hadn’t been figured out yet, but what as on the horizon?

>>>>>>>>>>

Well, that’s the end of this chapter.  Will Peach and Jurachi walk away free?  Or will Bowser and his evil minions get a hold of them?  If they do, what will happen?  And what of Yoshi and Luigi?  Will they be able to make it in time to save Jurachi and Peach from Bowser?