Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ A Foiled Plan ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

It’s Up To Me!

Chapter 11: A Foiled Plan

Peach and Jurachi walked down the narrow paths of Bowser’s huge, musty castle in hopes of escaping.

“We can’t afford another blunder like that.” Jurachi told Peach.

“Yeah.” The princess sighed. “We were almost gonners there. “

The two traveled down the dank hallways, and they were just about to reach the main gate when they were stopped.

Two guards were eyeing them suspiciously, which gave the two instant chills.

I’m not so sure that I like this feeling.’ Peach thought to herself as they slowly and casually made their way past them, to hide their nervousness beneath the costumes.

As soon as they thought they were out of the clear, the guards started talking amongst themselves.

“ Hey, have you seen those guards before?” One of them questioned to the other two.

“No, I haven’t.” The second one said.

“Something’s not right about this…” The third one responded.

……………..

On the other side of the castle, the two guards who were jumped and put into the cell were sitting there, tied from head to toe with rope and gagged with a couple of Peach’s hand handkerchiefs. They sat there, squirming on the floor.

After what seemed like many, many hours. A couple more guards came to check on the prisoners, but instead opened the door to reveal the two previous guards.

“What’s going on?” One of them asked, their face lit up with surprise.

“Mmmmmfph grummmpf!” Were the two muffled replies.

“Eh?” The second guard cleaned his ear with his finger. “What kinda made up language are you talkin’ in?”

“MMMMMMMMFPGH GRRRRRRRRR UUUMMPFH!”

“I can’t understand what you’re saying with that thing tied around your mouth.” The taller of the two guards walked over and removed the handkerchief from one of the guards’ mouths.

“YOU IDIOT!THEY GOT AWAY!”

“How?”

“They stole our clothes and knocked us out, after that they threw us in here.” The second tied up guard replied. “Who knows where they are in the castle. Lord Bowser will be angry!”

“Let’s go!” The two standing guards, who weren’t thinking about the ones on the ground, ran off in a hurry.

As they were leaving, they heard the other’s shout back at them.

“HEY! YOU IDIOTS!”

“WAIT! HEEEEY!”

The two guards ran down the halls of the castle shouting the word “intruders” at the top of their lungs. The other guards responded in the same fashion and some gave chase down the halls to search for the said intruders. Peach and Jurachi were making their way out of the hall and finally managed to reach the outside gate. They both got wide eyed at the fact that their freedom lay just beyond those doors, but it seemed that as soon as the two were able to reach it, they both heard the sound of multiple voices shouting about intruders.

“Oh no!” Peach gasped.

“Let’s just hurry and try to get out!” Jurachi told her as they ran over to the doors to try and push the huge wooden things open.

Before they knew what hit them, they were being drug back to the cell they were in.

“And stay in there!”

They were thrown against the wall, Jurachi popping back into his shell to protest him from the hard contact with the wall. He made sure to get behind Peach to save her from the contact of the wall, and instead of hurting herself, she collided with the smooth surface of his green shell.

“Ouch…” The princess moaned.

Jurachi popped out of his shell, laying on the floor, propping his head up with one arm.

“Sorry, princess…” He said woefully.

“And it was such a good plan too…” Peach sighed.

“Guess we’ll never get out of here now…” Jurachi sighed.

“We can’t give up hope!” Peach stood.

“But we’re never going to get out of here. We’re out matched and out numbered.” Jurachi replied.

“I guess we’ll have to think of something else.”

Peach sat atop of Jurachi’s shell and the two began to think of any possibilities for new plans.

…………………

A few feet away, emerging from the dark shadows…

“ACHOO!”

The noise echoed throughout the hollow room.

“Yoshi.”

“What?” Yoshi sniffled. “Sorry, the musty smell was getting to me.”

“We need to stay quiet or we’ll get caught. “Luigi replied. “They already are out on the watch for those intruders.”

“You think they know it’s us?”

“I’m not sure.” Luigi replied. “But let’s be careful and take extra precautions.”

“Right.”

Well, that’s the end of that chapter. Sorry, like I said, I’m trying to finish other fanfics before I go and work on these types of fics anymore. Anyway, as I have said many times before, make sure to R&R and tell me what you think. It’s good to have input from the fans on these types of stories. I have a minor case of the writer’s block, but there will be a new chapter soon, don’t forget to review and stay cool until another chapter is released.

I know this isn’t very long, and sorry for that, but I’ve got a lot to do and there might be a better and longer chapter coming along in the future.

R&R!