Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ As Time Flies By . . . ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Here is chapter 12! Man this fic is getting long, isn’t it? I’m going to end it pretty soon, as I am running out of things to make happen. If anyone has any ideas out there, tell me! Other then that, I’m going to skip all of the bleh and get straight to the Bowser fight.  

It’s Up To Me!

Chapter 12: As Time Flies By . . .

Many weeks seemed to fly by as Luigi and Yoshi went on to battle Bowser’s evil minions and to also face many perilous adventures together. Both of them never giving up hope and constantly aware of the dangers breathing down their throats. Both of them never gave up hope and continued to move through their missions with little difficulty. There were some that were harder then others.

There were several evil foes and minions standing in their way, but still the two manage to pull through, just the two of them against what seemed like the world.

Peach and Jurachi were still locked in the castle, but tried every day to find ways to escape, both growing closer and closer as friends, and Peach, of course, getting used to having an enemy as her best friend.

When they got caught, they would often sit in the cell they had come to call a temporary home and talk about their past days, each sharing a past history with one another.

They would both laugh about their blunders and be amazed by their triumphs. The two would also fear in the suspense and feel bad in the hard times. It seemed that no matter how bad Peach was feeling, Jurachi was there to make her happy. He also wished the best for Mario and hoped that he’d get better.

If the plumber was willing to listen, he would tell him his story, no matter how menacing and suspicious he seemed, and Peach obliged to help him with it. She too, wanted to convince Mario that Jurachi was one of the good guys.

Luigi and Yoshi continued to battle against foes and gain both experience and power, each of them becoming stronger and increasing in everything they’ve done. They fought long and hard for many many days against the evil minions of Bowser.

They both thought they were getting close to Bowser, but they still had one problem…

How to get into the castle?

This was unsettling to the two. They both had their hearts so set on accomplishing their mission, they hadn’t thought of how exactly to enter.

They needed a plan.

A plan that wouldn’t fail.

They managed to stay in good health throughout their battles, each stopping in a friendly town and gaining some rest. They even met some old friends and some of the old friends of Mario as well. It seems that Mario had become more famous then his younger brother had first thought.

Luigi was pleased at the friends that Mario had made, and even gained their friendship for his own as well.

They helped the two as long as they would go and do as much as they could to aid them.

Mario was still recovering and as a request, Luigi had asked them to send his brother some get well presents. The green clad plumber thought that if they all sent Mario their gifts, that they would give his elder brother hope and joy. Also, they would show him a sign that they weren’t giving up and wished him a speedy recovery.

They would show him that no one forgot about him!

They had hope!

Luigi wrote him letters every now and then, and when they got to a friendly town, he either asked the mail carrier to deliver it, or stuck in a nearby mailbox.

The two travelers searched far and wide after being ejected out of the castle a few times. They relied on every source they could to get back to the castle.

Mario continued to lay in bed, surprised by the fact that he seemed to be getting so many presents from old friends that it had been quite a while since he’d seen.

He once heard Toad make the remark of, “If the Pipe House gets any more gifts, we won’t be able to fit in it!” or “If we get any more gifts, they’ll be coming out of our ears!”

The red clad plumber made a mental not to himself that he would thank them all somehow for their support.

The mustache attired plumber looked out of his window, facing the setting sun, and wore a thoughtful expression.

‘I wonder how Luigi is doing.’ He thought to himself. ‘I hope he’s all right. I’ve been getting his letters daily, but now they’ve stopped their flow. Right now, I’m too sick to help him, so it’s all up to him. I wonder how far he’s gotten to Bowser’s castle. Or if he saved Peach? I wish I could be there to help him, but unfortunately I can’t. I have to rely on my intuition and hope for the best.’

The plumber sat there in bed. What else could he do?

He continued to watch the sunset in silence.

That is…

Until Toad came in…

“Nice sunset huh?” The mushroom headed one said as he sat beside his friend on the bed.

“Yes’a it is.”

“How are ya feelin’?”

“A bit better then usual. I’m not used to having a day off.” Mario smiled a peaceful smile.

“You looked like you were thinking about something.” Toad noted, the sunlight illuminating his features.

“Just wondering if Luigi is all right.”

“I’m sure he is.”

‘I’m sure he is…’

Yeah, this chapter was kind of bleh, but oh well. I needed to skip some time because I don’t feel like making this a 100 chapter story going through every battle. All you need to know is that they are standard battles, just like in the game, so no worries, you aren’t really missing much.