Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ The Castle ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Here is the next chapter. Sorry for the long wait, I’ve been at school and things of that nature and my well’s been running dry as far as of lately for ideas. Thanks for the many reviews! I love them all!

Wow, it feels good to be back in the saddle for fanfiction. I’ve been updating this fanfic whenever I feel like. Sometimes for several weeks in a row, sometimes monthly, who knows?

Well, here is chapter 13, the unlucky number! Beware you who are superstitious.

Well, here it is!

Chapter 13: The Castle

Luigi finally found his way through the castle and he and Yoshi advanced through the many levels easily. The Goombas and Koopas were easily defeated.

After a while, the two had a much needed rest. They refilled themselves using the vitalizing mushrooms and were soon back on their feet once more.

Yoshi was still being his ever so cowardly self, while Luigi was facing the danger head on.

‘I’ve got to do this. My brother and all of MushroomKingdom is counting on me!’ He thought. ‘Besides, I should get credit too! I’m ever bit as capable of doing this job as Mario. I mean, Mario gets all of the credit sometimes for things that both of us have done. How many times have I been on missions to save the Princess with him? More then I can count! It’s about time I proved myself to everyone!’

Luigi was determined on this one. He’d be a hero to Mario for once. He’d give him something for him to be proud of!

They advanced more and more through the castle, taking on anything and everything that stood in their way, overcoming every obstacle, and even freeing some trapped innocents along the way.

They were grateful to both Luigi and Yoshi. One small child even called them his heroes. Yoshi and Luigi both beamed at that comment feeling very pleased with themselves.

“It feels good being called a hero, doesn’t it?” He turned to Yoshi, who gave a smile.

“It sure is!” The dino nodded. “It’s nice to know that people not only look up to Mario, they look up to us as well!”

‘Maybe, just maybe…..’ Luigi thought ‘I could be considered Mario’s hero, for just this once…’

“It’s nice to know we have some admirers.” Luigi smiled and gestured over his shoulder with his thumb to the beaming face of the child.

Yoshi gave a smiling nod.

‘It’s nice being a hero.’

“Well, you people take care and find your way out safely, there aren’t any traps anymore, so you should have a straight shot out. Yoshi and I will continue to save whoever else is trapped in there. Rest assured, you’ll soon be reunited with your family and friends.”

The small crowd cheered at Luigi’s speech, finding comfort in his words.

Soon they departed, each saying their respected goodbyes and going in their own direction, hoping for the best.

As they got along further and further into the castle, they ran into tougher and tougher foes. Luigi and Yoshi at times, seemed as if they were struggling against all odds to get to Bowser and Peach.

But…

They never lost all hope.

Luigi even seemed inspirational to Yoshi at times.

‘Wow…Luigi has a lot of determination. He really wants to make his brother proud.’ The dino thought as he looked at Luigi, beaming with determination. ‘He already has made me proud, and I’m sure he’ll make Mario proud as well.’

They freed a few more captives and defeated many more villains, lackeys and foes along the way, some of them were easy and it felt like smooth sailing, some battles they didn’t see how they won, and some they barely hung on, with a surprise turn around victory at the end.

This was no normal day for our duo; then again it’s never been easy going through Bowser’s Castle, especially alone.

They would need extra courage to go against Bowser, and extra strength as well.

They certainly had the confidence, even Yoshi gained confidence from Luigi, who seemed to be outdoing himself.

They finally got the holding quarters of Peach and Jurachi. They fought the guards, which were easy to get through, the only problem: There were so many of them!

They seemed to swarm from everywhere, like molasses pouring from a jar.

In their cell, Peach and Jurachi sat hopelessly trapped; waiting for any sign of Mario or anyone at all that would help them get out of their predicament.

“I have faith in Mario. I know he’ll come.”

“I just hope he doesn’t think badly of me.” Jurachi replied. “It would be a shame to leave me here with the Koopas and Lord Bowser.”

“Don’t worry, Jurachi!” Peach replied. “You’ll get out, and so will I!”

Outside of the cell, Luigi and Yoshi continued to fight off the guards.

‘I will win…I have to.’

‘I will believe in myself, just like Luigi does!’ Yoshi thought as he raced through the guards. ‘I will be brave and face whatever trouble I come to! I will be strong for Peach, Mario, Toad and Luigi, as well as all of the other people from MushroomKingdom! They’re counting on me!’

As Peach and Jurachi sat in their cell, Luigi and Yoshi were racing near, unnoticed by the two prisoners.

With great speed and determination, they raced toward their desired goal: Bowser.

‘I believe in myself.’

‘I believe they will come.’

‘Nothing can stop us now!’

‘Please come home safely.’

‘We’re counting on you, Luigi. Don’t fail us.’

‘With friendship we can go far!’

‘I’ll make my brother proud!’

‘I hope he’ll accept for who I am and not what I am.’

Many thoughts ran rampant amongst everyone and the tension and action was high. This would be a battle and a force to be reckoned with; on both sides.

Luigi and Yoshi were proving to be an unstoppable duo!

‘Together we can overcome any obstacle!’

‘Together, we’ll save lives.’

‘Together we’ll beat Bowser and restore peace to MushroomKingdom!’

‘Together…we’ll shine!’

TBC

Yeah, that’s all I’ve got for now. In the next chapter, Luigi and Yoshi will run into Peach and Jurachi. What will happen? Will Yoshi and Luigi accept Jurachi, or be skeptical of him for what he is?

Find out in the next chapter!

Please R&R!