Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ Rescue ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Here I am with ANOTHER chapter. At this rate, the story should be done very soon. I’m steadily updating without the internet, so, I should have a major flood of updates.

I’m in here writing at 7:00in the morning, so…yeah. Before I go to Vocational School. This fanfic will end in 17-20 chapters, so around those chapters, you can expect completion of this fanfic.

Anyway, thanks all who reviewed and I’M NOT DEAD!

Please R&R!

It’s Up To Me!

Chapter 14: Rescue!

Luigi and Yoshi ran through the mass amounts of guards, beating them with grace and speed.

Finally, the two had gotten to the captive holders in the hallway.

“Where are we?” Yoshi asked, coming to a stop.

“I don’t know.” Luigi responded.

Suddenly, there was some banging on one of the doors that lined the hall.

“Huh?” Two voices sounded in unison.

Pound

Pound

Pound

“Who’ ;s there?” Luigi asked.

“Luigi! I’m so glad you’re here!” A feminine voice rang out.

“Peach!” Luigi called.

“Princess!” Yoshi rejoiced.

They came over to the door and tried to pull it open. Needless to say…

It wouldn’t open.

“The door is locked!” Luigi replied, stating the obvious.

Peach looked in deep thought.

‘The key must’ve been on one of the guards that were knocked out in the hallway.’

“Check the guards!” Peach shouted through the wood which was separating them.

Luigi and Yoshi looked around at all of the fallen guards and various enemies around them.

“Where do we start?” Yoshi asked.

“I have no idea.” Luigi hopped off of Yoshi and started to look around. Yoshi began to dig through the piles of fallen villains that had once stood in their way once before.

After a while of searching through the various masses, Yoshi had finally grabbed something yellow, metal and hard.

It was the key.

“Hey!” The dinosaur proclaimed. “I found the key!”

He waved it over his head in a manner that Luigi could see clearly.

“Good job, Yoshi!” Luigi remarked as they went over and unlocked the door to reveal Peach and Jurachi.

“Hey! There’s a Koopa in there.” Yoshi gasped.

“Yeah.” Peach replied. “It’s my friend. His name is Jurachi. He wants to start his life over from the oppression of Bowser.”

“Do you think we should trust him, though?” Yoshi asked, a bit suspicious.

“Of course we can!” Peach replied. “He’s been in here talking about how he wanted to be free.”

“There’s no time, let’s just get them out of here. We can figure out the details later.” Luigi replied.

“All right.” Yoshi agreed, allowing them to mount him.

“Where’s Mario?” Peach asked.

“He’s hurt badly, and recovering in Mushroom Kingdom.” The green figure below replied.

“So you’ve been taking this whole mission on by yourself?” The blonde princess asked Luigi.

“Not by myself.” The green-clad plumber replied. “Yoshi’s been helping me.”

“Really?”

“Yes, he’s been really brave, haven’t you, Yoshi?”

“Yep!” Yoshi stood proudly.

“Thanks for saving us.” Jurachi replied.

“You’re welcome.” Yoshi and Luigi said in unison.

“Come on, let’s get out of here!” Peach replied.

“Uh-huh!” Jurachi agreed.

They all raced off on Yoshi, through the hall way.

As they were running, the load seemed to get considerable lighter. That’s when Luigi turned and noticed that Peach wasn’t aboard.

“Hey!” He asked, turning to look at the princess, who wasn’t aboard anymore. “Where did she go?”

“Oh no!” Yoshi worried, “The princess is gone!”

“This is most terrible!” Jurachi exclaimed. “We must look for her.”

“We’d better re-trace our steps.” Luigi replied. “We can’t let Bowser find her!”

“Right!” They all agreed.

They all looked for the princess high and low, and retraced their footsteps many times, but still no sign of the princess. All three of them split up and looked, but still the princess was gone. All of them wouldn’t give up, however, and kept looking.

Soon, they all met up, all with no princess beside of them.

“Well, I’m assuming no one found her.” Jurachi replied at last.

“No,” Luigi sighed.

They continued to look throughout the castle, each eager to find the princess. After all, they just gained her only to loose her yet again, and who knows where Bowser could be at any given moment in time. He always seemed to show up when they dreaded it most.

“HELP!”

“HELP ME! PLEASE!”

All heads seemed to snap in the direction of the scream.

“It’s Peach!” Luigi called out the obvious.

“Oh no! “ Yoshi whined, “What do we do!?”

“We’ve got to find her!”

“My poor princess.” Jurachi’s face turned into one of sadness.

“Don’t worry, we’ll find her.” Luigi replied.

“Right! We can’t give up hope now!” Yoshi affirmatived. “We’ve made it so far!”

“Let’s go and find her!”

“ALL RIGHT!”

They crossed many obstacles and took on many villains together, each not giving up and fighting with even more determination then they last had.

Jurachi befriended Luigi and Yoshi and was a very formidable ally for being just a normal Koopa.

They all fought for their princesses’ freedom.

They fought to save her.

Jurachi remained strong and confident in his duties to protect the princess, just as he had made her the promise that he would in their shared cell.

Yoshi remained semi-confident in himself, but even more confident in Luigi. He had become quite strong over their adventures, and he was even sure that he could beat Bowser, just as Mario had all the years before.

Luigi was confident as well, he wanted to make his brother proud.

With all of this confidence, it sure was getting them far.

They had earned experience and new abilities during the many battles that they had endured. They all knew that Bowser lie ahead as their final obstacle, and probably captor of the princess as well.

They were ready to face anything that came their way.

TBC

Well, that’s all for chapter 14. There are three more chapters left in this little fic of mine. I’m glad you all enjoyed it and I appreciate all of your reviews in making this fanfic well over 100 reviews!

Thanks guys, you’re the best!