Fan Fiction ❯ It's Up To Me! ❯ Expect the Unexpected ( Chapter 16 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Bowser isn’t gone yet. That’s why I made it seem that he was easily defeated, to either make you think that I wrote it poorly or, to make you wonder.

Anyway, just had to note that, I’m glad someone thought that something was up.

This is the next to last chapter!

I I I

It’s Up To Me!

Chapter 16: Expect the Unexpected

I I I

As they were dodging the debris. They ran down a hallway, suddenly, the hallway caved in front of them, making it cave in. They all covered themselves and yelled in surprise.

Through the falling rubble and debris, there was a large figure.

As the smoke and debris cleared, the figure became more and more apparent. Their worst fears had become apparent. It was Bowser.

“Did you think I could be defeated that easily?” The gargantuan Koopa told them.

“Oh no!” What do we do now!” Yoshi asked in a panicked voice.

“Ok, try not to panic.” Luigi instructed as Jurachi clung to his head.

“Too late for that.” The green one below him replied.

“Now you’re mine!” Bowser told them, with his claws outstretched.

He tried to grab them but Yoshi ran under Bowser, between his legs and ran away from him.

“What are you doing?” Jurachi asked.

“Getting out of here.” Yoshi replied.

“He’s right.” Luigi replied. “This place is caving in. We’ll have to forget about Bowser for now. If we stay back there and fight him, then we’ll all be buried alive under this rubbish.”

“You can’t get away from me! Come back here!” Bowser called as he ran after the bunch who headed for the nearest exit.

The Koopa looked behind him. “He’s going to catch up to him if we don’t do something. There’s no way we can outrun something that big.”

“He’s gaining on us!”

Ahead, there was a small, black figure walking across the path.

It was a Bob-omb.

Luigi spied it walking and hatched an idea. The green clad plumber jumped off of Yoshi’s back and picked up the Bob-omb. He then looked over to Yoshi.

“You get the Princess and Jurachi out of here.” He replied.

“But Luigi.” Yoshi protested.

“I’ll do what I have to do; you just get them out of here.”

“All right.” Yoshi replied. “Be careful.”

“Right.”

The blonde girl looked back at Bowser’s Castle, in which they were leaving.

‘Oh, I hope Luigi will be al right. He’s come this far. I shouldn’t doubt him.

But…

I’m still worried.’

Faster and faster Yoshi ran, until they were a certain distance from the castle. All of a sudden, there was an explosion, and the whole castle diminished into a pile of rubble.

The small group stood on the near by hill, watching in horror and grief.

“He’s not coming out.” Yoshi said shakily.

“Luigi.” The Princess feared that he would be gone.

“It doesn’t look like anyone could survive such annihilation.”

The blonde wore a look of sadness on her face. “Oh no…He sacrificed himself for us.”

The Koopa just hung his head.

“It can’t be true. “ Yoshi said. “He said we’d shine together!”

“Guess we’d better head back to Mushroom Kingdom and tell Mario.” The pink clad woman said dejectedly.

IX.

The trip back to Mushroom Kingdom was a silent and sorrowful one. Each person paid their moment of silence to the green clad plumber who had risked his life to save them.

‘Guess we don’t get to shine together…And we tried so hard…’ Yoshi thought to himself.

“What are we going to tell Mario?” The Princess asked.

“I don’t know…” The Koopa left off, “I suppose we’ll tell him the truth, no matter how he’ll take it.”

“He risked his life to save us. I shouldn’t have run away. I should’ve stayed behind and helped.” The green one said.

“There was nothing we could do, Yoshi.” Jurachi set a hand on the dinosaur’s head.

“I just feel so guilty…”

“We all do.” Peach replied. “But would Luigi want us to be this sad?”

“I suppose not.”

“Come on, we’d better go and tell Mario.” Jurachi sighed as they continued to make their way back towards Mushroom Kingdom.

As they walked, they all found themselves reminiscing the days of old, when Luigi was alive and well, and all of their adventures that took place. They also thought of Mario and what he would think of the news.

Peach couldn’t help but look down in the dumps, despite her earlier comment, because truth to be told, Luigi held a special place in her heart, and the Mario Brothers wouldn’t be the Mario Brothers with only one brother.

She sighed to herself as they made the slow journey back.

This was indeed going to be a sad day for Mushroom Kingdom and everyone in it.

She had also wondered if Bowser was still alive or gone for good. If he lived, then Luigi’s efforts would be all in vein.

She sincerely hoped that wasn’t the case.

IX

At Mario’s house, the explosion from Vista Hill shook him and caused him to stir awake.

“Momma Miya! Toad what was that?”

“I-I don’t know.” Toad ran quickly into the room. “It sounded like an explosion.”

“Explosion?” The red clad one questioned.

‘I hope everything’s going all right with Luigi.’ He thought.

“Do you hear something?” Toad asked.

“What do you mean?” Mario asked his little mushroom headed friend.

Before anyone could speak anymore, there was a huge crashing as something came through the roof and landed on Mario.

MARIO!” Toad yelled as the massive amounts of debris covered the plumber.

MARIO! MARIO!” Toad yelled. “Are you all right?”

There was no response for a while and Toad feared the worst.

‘I hope he’s all right! He’s got to be all right! Please let him be all right!’ His thoughts ran rampant at the thought of loosing his friend.

‘All right Toad, calm down. Even if Mario was weak, he could still sustain that roof collapsing, besides, he’s been through worse…A whole lot worse and he’s come through all of the time. He’ll be ok…I hope…

I wonder what fell on him…’

The small one peered over to the stack of rubble, watching and waiting to see if anything emerged from it.

Suddenly, a dark figure rose up from the rubble, causing Toad to hide behind a nearby dresser.

“Who-Who are you?” He asked in a shaky voice.

TBC

A/N: Who is it? Guess! Please R&R! I have one more chapter to go! Thanks for reviewing and be sure to catch the sequel to this fanfic. It’ll be about Jurachi’s attempts to fit in with the people of MushroomKingdom

Review and make me happy!