Fan Fiction ❯ Jewels ❯ Try it on for size ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Prolog/extra rejected chapter
 
You know, sitting here looking up at Amon's sad expression as he sits in the only tree for miles on this plain, makes me relies something about him. He's so sad by himself. I mean he usually like a neutral kind of happy, but as soon as he thinks no one's looking, this blank stare comes on his face.
 
“Master Alex!!”
 
“AHHHH!” thud
 
“What were you staring at, Master Alex, dinner is burning.” That tinkling, yet bossy, yet sweet voice belongs to 200-year-old Zai. She helps Amon and me cover lots of ground.
Oh, how?
She turns in to a gigantic butterfly ^_^.
 
“Darn!” yep that is me.
 
I admit I can be childish at times but Amon says he likes me that way, a change from the usual `look-at-me-I'm-a-Mary-Sue' sob stories.
 
“Amon, Dinner's done burning” I yell.
 
I look up in time to see him shaking the glazed look form his eyes, and jump down gracefully.
 
Honestly, I'm jealous.
 
Here I am a useless human, and he's a fire demon, with tons more powers. I mean the guy can make just about anything in to a fire, and find shelter, and with his (very strange considering his seventh generation fire user family) Ice powers he can mak all kinds of useful things out of Ice!
 
He sits down, doesn't make a face as I hand him his burnt dinner.
 
Come to think of it he never complains. It's almost as if in his eyes I could do no wrong.
 
Even though I know I'm useless.
 
As I watch him eat, I strangely finding myself thinking of the first time I saw him.
 
 
In my village, I was happy, my family was good, and everyone was kind. I don't know why, but nothing bad ever happened to me.
So on a day like any other, I was in my scruffy, warn clothes, dirt on my face, hands, bare feet, trying to do cart wheels on one of the dirt roads near my house.
I was about to go to dinner when this figure appears at the end of the street, the setting sun behind them, showing a very hard to make out, out line.
I remember thinking
`Well ok, nothing new people get lost around here all the time. Maybe he's a story teller from one of the other towns……of a trader of goods……maybe he has candy.'
Walking up towards him I was going to ask if h was lost, and where he was headed.
You know at this point I was wondering if it was really human, for it was stumbling like a new born.
Then you know what it does?
It staggers forward one last time, and collapsed.
Yes just fell forward in the street.
Of course I panicked, but managed to drag it home. Thinking back that would have been a sight to see, and I'm sure afterwards my tracks would have been a sight to see.
 
But from here on my memories get fuzzy.
 
The next thing I knew I woke in the woods with the figure I knew was Amon, sleeping on the ground by me.
 
Honestly my first real memories after that was making breakfast, that I burnt…..
 
 
I guess we talked and I don't remember, because I remember stuff about his life.
 
For example:
Amon was born into a fire clan, he would be 7th generation.
Only he's no good with fire, Ice is just easier for him to manipulate.
 
Go figure that.
 
 
 
So what do you think you want the rest?
I'm going to do the rest……..if I get one review.
If not, fanfiction press go for me……I don't have to post it here.
I actually have at least have 80 pages written down……but hey you haven't even seen all the main characters…..oh, and there are slaves involved…..^_^