Fan Fiction ❯ Libra 279 ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

By: Kouner

Hello everyone! Kouner here! With the reviews I got from the prologue, I decieded to add more to Libra 297. I have also made an Original Anime Writers Club. Come in if you are interested. ^_^ Now back to the story. This takes place about 200 years later (after the scene at the science base.) Hope you all still like it.

Chapter 1

"This is Captain Alaric Segenam of the Star ship Enterprise. To boldly go where no man has gone before! One small step for man, one giant leap for man kind!" cheered the Captain as he sat in his chair. His small crew of three rolled their eyes.

"Must he always do this?" a small boy named Lazar ask. He ask a girl named Claire, who was a Princess of a distant planet. The crew was returning her to her home planet from her resent kidnapping. She shrugged her shoulders. How was she suppose to know? She had just met the man.

"Captain Dear," sighed Julie, a woman of the age of about 24. "Those are all quotes from different things."

"Are you sure?" asked Alaric, with a puzzled look.

"Most likely sir."

"Aw, damn. I thought I made it up."

"No sir."

He threw his hat across the room. The Princess Claire and Lazar watched. Julie paid no attention and went along stirring the ship. Alaric sighed and sunk down into his chair and whined.

Claire turned to Lazar and whispered. "How old is this guy?"

"He's about 27. He's been working for the 'Principle Sweep' (nice name huh?) for about 10 years now."

"You have got to be kidding me..."

"Nope."

Claire giggled as she watched the older man whine in his captain chair. Which seemed to be about four sizes too big for him. His mouth was pulled down in the corners to form a big frown.

Out of no where, red lights began to blink all over the ship. Alaric immediately sat up in his chair and looked around quickly. "What is it? Are we under attack!?"

"No sir. We are low on energy," Julie replied.

"Oh," he let out a bored sigh and laid back.

"What does that mean?" asked Claire.

"It means we are going to have to dock somewhere and let the ship regain some energy."

"But! What if they find us!"

Julie looked at Claire with a smile. "No need to fear Princess. Captain Alaric won't let again happen to you!" Claire looked over at the man who was still whining in his chair.

"Oh joy..."

The little girl slowly walked around her giant ship. Speaking to it as if it were human. "Libra," she began, "what is the news on the kidnap Princess?"

There was a long pause before the answer was given. The little girl worried for a second, till the answer.

"The Principle Sweep has rescued her and is heading this way. I don't see why you want to know."

The girl laughed. "Oh Libra. It's just nice to know something that is going on out in the universe. Besides just what happens on the ship. No offense."

"None taken."

Quickly, the girl changed her age. How could be done? She didn't worry about it anymore. The ability for her to escape into her child form was a gift at times. She loved being with Libra, but sometimes she just wanted to get out into the universe. See something new. Had she escaped one prison, to be in another?

No. This was not a prison. She was with her only friend in the universe. Where she had been for the last two hundred years now. She laid down on the black bed. Which used to be use by the warriors that would use Libra 279. Now, the entire ship was like a giant play ground for her. She smiled.

"Libra," she asked with a pause. She felt his attention perk, and continued. "Do you care for me?"

"Very much so Audie."

A long pause before Audie asked the next question. She blushed as she thought about it. It was to her disadvantage that Libra could see her, but she couldn't see him. He must have felt this. He appeared behind her in his hologram image. Audie looked over her shoulder at him.

"Libra...do you...love me?" she asked.

"How would you define love?"

"Um..." she thought about it. "A strong affection for another. Where you would do anything for them. Want nothing more then to touch them...hold them...kiss them..."

Libra smiled. "Then I love you Audie."

Audie smiled back. "I love you too Libra."

The blue hair man, slowly walked toward her. Arm outstretched, reaching for her. She raised her hand, reaching for him as well. When they got to each other, his fingers slipped through her's. They both sighed.

Libra kept his yellow eyes locked on Audie's purple ones. "I swear to you Audie. One day, we will be able to touch."

Audie lowered her eyes to the ground and nodded slowly.

The spicky red hair Captain walked down the corridor. His small crew behind him. "Damn," he whispered to himself. "I want a bigger crew! One that respects me!"

"I respect you sir," said Julie. Who happened to be standing right next to him.

He sighed and looked at her in the corner of his brown eyes.

"Julie...I need more then one person on my crew to respect me."

Her eyes fell to the floor. "Yes sir."

"Did you dock with the ship?" asked Claire from behind. Julie looked over her shoulder at her.

"Yes, we did. I don't know what this ship is, but the records say it hasn't moved for over one hundred years." She paused and whispered to her Captain. "Do you think it could be the Libra ship?"

The Captain shot straight up and made a fist. "There is no way it could be the ship Libra 279! That ship has been missing for two hundred years!"

Julie sweat dropped, along with Lazar. "Sir, do you want to scare the Princess?" asked Lazar.

"Why would Libra 279 scare me?" asked Claire.

"You never heard the stories?"

"No."

Lazar sighed and looked up at her. "The stories are about a band of space pirates that stole the ship from the scientific base in the Milky Way Galaxy. Killing the guards as they did so. Rumor has it, they tried to destroy the base, but the shields protected it from Libra's deadly rays."

"Umm..."

"No need to worry Princess. Not only is Libra 279 one of the most deadly ships ever made, I'm sure all the pirates are dead by now anyway. Unless...they made the entire ship like a little floating city or something," the Captain said trying to reassure her.

"Why am I still worried?"

"No need to be Princess," Julie said as she raised her gun. "I have everything under control."

"You are going to fight off Space Pirates with a gun!?" snapped Claire. Her green eyes wide.

Julie sighed. "You under estimate us too much Princess."

"Are we...going onto the ship?"

"Yup!"

"Oh boy..."

They came to the end of the corridor. There was a large steel door with a computer panel next to it. Julie walked over to it and typed something in. The computer beeped and the steel door opened to show a large clear tube that extended from one ship to the other. Alaric sighed and began to walk in it. Julie quickly behind him.

Claire stood, hanging onto the ship. Lazar stepped into the tube and looked back at her. "What is wrong Princess?"

"It is scary! You walk on air!"

The little brown hair boy laughed. "No you don't Princess. There is a bottom, see?" He began to jump up and down. This made the entire tube shake.

Alaric and Julie looked at him. "Lazar! Don't do that!" they both yelled.

He blushed and recoiled back. "Sorry."

The Princess slowly stepped onto the tube, which looked like it had to bottom. "Just don't look down," Lazar said from her side. Too late! She thought to herself.

Slowly, but surely she made it across to the other end. To join Alaric and Julie, who was trying to get the door of the other ship to open.

"For some reason, it won't respond. As if...it is ignoring me," Julie wondered to herself out loud.

"I'm sure it is. You can be annoying at times," Alaric said with a smug smile.

She began to punch the keys harder. "Yes sir."

A voice came over the computer which Julie had been fooling with. "Who asks to enter this ship?"

Alaric cleared his throat. "I, Captain Alaric Segenam of the Star ship..." Before he could finish, Julie put her hand over his mouth.

"The crew of the ship, 'Galactic runner'" Julie replied. Alaric rolled his eyes.

"What a stupid name," Claire said with a sigh. "And what about Principle Sweep, I mean come on. Could they not think of anything better?"

Julie turned at her, her pink eyes wide. "You want to die?!"

Claire recoiled back, "No..."

"Then be quiet!"

"Hey, Julie lookie!" Alaric said with a cute smile. "This big steel door thing opened!"

Julie gasped and quickly ran into the ship, Lazar and Claire behind her. Alaric still standing out side the ship with a sad face. "I wanted to be first. I'm the Captain, I should be first!"

"Oh don't be a baby sir!" yelled Julie. She grabbed his hand and pulled him. Just as the door started to close.

"Woah! That was close!" Alaric cried from where he was being held in Julie's arms. Julie sighed and dropped him to the ground. He made an "oof" sound and looked up at her. "I thought you were the only one that respected me!"

"Yeah, well you act like that, no one can respect you!" snapped Julie.

"Fine.."

"Please sir. Do act your age."

Lazar and Claire were paying no attention to this conversation. Lazar was working at the computer panel. Trying to find out more about this ship. Claire watched from over his shoulder.

The little computer made beeping sounds. Lazar kept his eyes intently on the computer panel. Julie walked over to him, and observed his work. Alaric still laid on the ground.

"I think I have found something," Lazar whispered. Julie crossed her arms and looked at the computer.

"The ship logs. See what the last entry was and play it Lazar," Julie said as she put on her glasses. He nodded and began to move to the last entry. It was placed 217 years ago. Cautiously, Lazar entered it. Fearing for the worse. Claire could feel the tension from his body as he entered the log.

"I am the Captain of the ship Libra 279. This is my wife and my last day aboard the ship. Libra himself is being very uncooperative lately. I think his human stubbornness is showing too. My wife and I fear that he has gone crazy. Good luck to who ever flies this ship next. This is Captain Josei signing off, once and for all."

The entry ended.

"Libra went nuts," Julie whispered to herself as she too off her glasses. Claire looked over at Julie. A scared look on her face. "How could a ship go crazy?"

Julie laughed to herself as she put away her glasses. "You really know nothing about this ship. It has a human brain instead of a computer one."

Claire got scared and began to sweat drop. "A...human brain!?" Julie nodded as she looked around the ship. Alaric finally made his way over to them. Yawning as he did so. Claire looked up at the lazy Captain and got even more worried.

"I don't want to die!" whined Claire.

"Don't worry Princess. The stories of Libra say he was a good person. He wouldn't hurt you," Lazar said with a smile on his face.

"Hold it right there!" a voice yelled.

The crew and their Captain looked over their shoulders to see a young girl of about the age of 16 or 17, standing there with a gun pointed at them. She had brown hair about half way down her back and glowing purple eyes.

"Move and I'll shoot," she said. Narrowing her eyes at them.

"Look crew. There is a pretty young girl pointing an old gun at us," joked Alaric. Moving closer to the girl and patting the gun. She seemed shocked and scared for a second. She then moved the gun to point it to Alaric's head.

"It may be old, but it can still do the job," she snarled. Like an animal about reading to pounce on it's prey.

"Please, we need to dock here for a while. We mean no harm. We just have to wait for our ship to regain energy," pled Julie.

The girl looked over at Julie from the corner of her eye. "You have no right to be here..."

"We know...but we really have no choice. If we don't stay here, we will die!" cried Lazar. The girl wasn't looking at him though. She had just noticed Claire. Her eyes were locked on her. The gun dropped from Alaric's head, and he panted, excepting her decisions.

"Are you...the Princess Claire?" asked the girl.

Claire gulped and pointed to herself. "Me?" The girl nodded. "Yes..."

The girl's eyes lit up and smiled for a second. They then disappeared. She looked away from the Claire. Straining for a second, then looking back at Claire. Tears filled her eyes as she raised the gun to Claire. "I am sorry Princess! BUT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE HERE!"

"Claire!" cried Lazar and Julie. But they were too slow to save her. The only one that could, was the one person they were afraid to meet.

"Audie!" cried a voice from behind Julie and the others. The young girl, Audie, eye's widened and she lowered the gun. Julie and Lazar looked behind them, to see a long blue hair man with yellow eyes standing behind them. "You do not kill in cold blood Audie. Only if they attack you first."

Her eyes fell to the ground in shame. "I am sorry Libra." Lazar and Julie's eyes widened and run to stand in front of the man.

"You're Libra?! I thought Libra was the ship!" the both yelled.

"I am the ship."

"Then how can you be here?!"

"A hologram."

The both blinked several times. Audie giggled from behind them. They both turned to her with confused looks.

"You look as if you have never seen a hologram before."

"We have...we just weren't prepared for this. I never read anywhere that Libra 279 could became a hologram." Lazar pondered for a second. He then looked up at Audie. "Who are you anyway?"

Audie put a hand on her hip. "You mean, your records say nothing of me?" Lazar shook his head. "Then how did Libra 279 get away from the scientific base?"

"You broke out of the base?" asked Julie. The girl named Audie nodded. "Amazing. That was over two hundred years ago..."

Audie sighed and looked to the ground. "Was it really that long ago?"

"Yes...how can you still be alive and look...so young?"

Audie looked back up at Julie. "For some reason I can control what age I appear to be. Probably something the scientist did to me."

"They performed experiments on you?" Lazar asked. Audie nodded. "Wow, that was a long time ago. Now they make clones that have no mental capacity to know what is going on to experiment on. Tells you how much time has changed."

"Yes, humans were very selfish at that time. Using themselves as if they were nothing more then a robot." Julie commented to herself.

Libra moved his eyes over to the door where the crew had come in. Audie looked at him. "What is it Libra?"

"Something is trying to come aboard."

"That is impossible!" yelled Julie. "We were the only ones on the ship!"

Audie narrowed her eyes at Julie and tighten her grip on the gun. "Is it all right to kill them now Libra?" Julie sweat dropped and shook her head in protest. Lucky for her, Libra shook his head as well.

"No Audie, this creature poses no threat to us. Besides, if it did, I would take care of it."

"Right."

Claire, who hadn't said anything for a long time, turn to Libra. "What is out there then?"

He looked at her out of the corner of his eye. She looked scared for a second, then quickly shook the look from her face. "I believe it is an android."

"Android?" asked Lazar and Julie. They had no android with them. Or did they?

The steel door opened to reveal a tall pinked hair girl standing there with a smile on her face. Her light green eyes were wide and happy looking. She was wearing a short black leather skirt and a black leather tank top that was very low cut. She was wearing laced up black boots that came to her keen with large heals. In her hand she was holding a cheese cake.

She giggled and smiled some more. "Captain Alaric. I have your cheese cake sir!"

Alaric leapt over in front of her with a giant smile. "Thank you dear! Where have you been?"

"You told me to stay behind so that the crew wouldn't know I was here." She looked over at Julie who's head was trobbing. "I guess I didn't wait long enough sir."

"Oh it's fine. Just ignore Julie. She is very protective of her Captain." He giggled and so did the android.

"Yes Sir!"

Leave reviews. Let me know if you like it. ^_^.