Fan Fiction ❯ Libra 279 ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

By: Kouner

Hello everyone! Kouner here! With the reviews I got from the prologue, I decieded to add more to Libra 297. I have also made an Original Anime Writers Club. Come in if you are interested. ^_^ You can also vist the home page to another one of my stories Kiranai Hebun . I am going to start working on making a web page for Libra. Now back to the story. Hope you like it! ^_^

Chapter 2

Audie lead the crew, the android, and their captain to their rooms. Julie and Lazar were captivated by the seer size of the ship. In awe of just how many rooms, and floors the great ship had.

"How many floors does this ship have?" asked Julie.

Audie looked over her shoulder at the purple hair girl. "About 500. I'm not exactly sure. I only stay on the top ten most of the time. This was built to be a great war ship that only the greatest warriors could use. They expected to be able to fill the ship to it's full capacity. Well, at least that's what Libra tells me. The control room, is on the 2nd floor, which actually second from the top but we call it second because we only use the top ten ones. Confusing?"

"No," answered Julie. "I understand what you are trying to say."

Alaric grumbled under his breath. "Doesn't mean the rest of us did."

The android smiled. "Would you like me to explain it to you sir?!" she asked loudly. He slowly shook his head.

Julie looked over her shoulder at her captain, and smiled. Audie blinked and looked over at Julie. "You like him?"

With a jerk, Julie looked back at Audie and blushed. "I guess you could say that."

"You love him?"

Her face went from flush, to the color of a ripe cherry. Quickly she placed her hand over her mouth for some strange reason. Audie tilted her head to the side and stared at her.

"That's not the type of question you ask someone?" snapped Julie.

"Why not?"

"It's personal!"

"I do not understand personal questions. I only have one friend, Libra, and I tell him everything."

Julie glared at Audie who paid no attention. She just continued on her way. Leading them to their rooms which seemed to be forever away. Lazar yawned and looked around the ship some more. Claire kept her eyes wide, as if she were still in shock from the ship it's self. The Android was hanging on Alaric's arm who still looked half a asleep.

Suddenly Audie stopped. Julie and Lazar ran into her. She spun to face them. Lazar's eyes landed on the gun, and back to Audie's face, laughing nervously. Audie giggled with this reaction from Lazar. As if it were just a silly suggestion.

She then pointed down a hall. "There are six rooms down there. You all can choose which ever one you want. If you are unsatisfied with the room selection, tell me and I will get you another room."

Alaric finally popped up and said something to the new girl. "Why the hell did you bring us all the way down here if there are other rooms if we are 'unsatisfied'?!"

Audie turned to him. "I was just giving you a tour of the ship. We are actually not that far from where you arrived on the ship."

Alaric made a fist and got in her face. "What the hell made you think we wanted that?!"

"Well, excuse me captain, I thought that you would like a tour of the great ship Libra. Now, please, choose a room and sleep for the night. You will be served breakfast in the morning."

Audie then walked off. To her own private quarters.

The childlike Audie sat at the chess board, playing with her computer. Slowly, she moved her horse like ship up a space. Libra moved his with a robotic arm. Which extended from the wall and allowed him to play with Audie. A few more moves and check mate. Against Audie.

She sighed and leaned back. "I think you cheat Libra," she whined.

"How is that Audie? How could I cheat?"

"I don't know. Maybe you can read my mind and think of a way to block it before I move."

"Only as much as you can read mine Audie."

She smiled and created a new game with the press of a button. The pieces all aligned up again. Audie moved first, then Libra and it continued in this pattern, until there was a knock at the door. Audie looked up and invited the person behind the door in. It was the

Princess, Claire.

"Claire," Audie started, "what do you want?"

She shrugged and walked over to the young Audie and sat next to her.

"Whatca doing there kido?" she asked.

Audie giggled. "I'm play Galactic Chess with Libra."

She looked puzzled. "How can you play with Libra?"

"He uses these robotic arms to move the pieces. Even though the computer in the game could move them for him, he feels like he is really playing that way."

"Oh, I understand," Claire said. She began to watch the two play the game. Carefully and precisely. Claire gave Audie some suggestions on moves. Allowing Audie to beat Libra for one of the first times.

"You're really good Claire."

She smiled at the little girl, "Thank's Audie. I have been playing for a long time."

Audie smiled as well. They both sat there for a while looking at each other. Finally Audie crack.

"Claire...how old are you?"

"About seventeen, why?"

"That's the highest age I can go..."

"What are you getting at Audie?"

Audie blushed and looked away from Claire for a second. "Claire...have you ever thought about having kids?" Claire slowly nodded. "You...want them?" She nodded again. Audie looked back up at her. "Claire...would you be my mother?"

Claire eyes got wide in shock. This girl, who was way older then her, who she had just met, was asking her to be her mother!

"Wouldn't you rather have Julie?" asked Claire.

Audie shook her head and hugged onto Claire. Claire felt strange having this young girl hugging her. Knowing that she really was like two hundred years old at least. Plus, that she was seventeen as well when they met her. This was so strange. Yet, it seemed right.

Claire looked down at the smiling child that was hugging onto her. She smiled.

Suddenly Audie sighed. "The only problem with that is I would have to leave with you. I would have to leave Libra behind. He would be lonely."

Claire looked down at the young Audie and played with her hair.

"Just think about it and let me know. I would be happy to be your mother."

"Thanks Claire."

"Not problem daughter."

Audie laid alone in her room. Wondering what it would be like to have a mother after so long. Plus, how horrible it would be to leave Libra. The only person she had known as a friend her entire life. He meant so much to her. Could she just leave?

"Audie," a voice said. Audie rolled over to see the hologram of Libra kneeling next to her bed. "You are worried about leaving me?"

"Oh Libra...it's just that you are the only person I've had for so long. I can't just leave you like that. Leave you all alone..."

He looked to the ground. "Audie, I don't want me stopping you from leaving. If you think it is for the best...then go. I will miss you very much, but if it gives you the chance to live as much of a normal life as possible, then so be it. But it is up to you."

Audie could feel tears going down her cheeks. "Oh Libra...I want to go. But...I am not just afraid about you missing me...I'm afraid about me missing you!"

He looked up at her. With a expression he rarely had shown. A smile. "Audie, I want you to do what is best for you. Don't let me stop you."

She smiled, tears still going down her cheeks. "Yes Libra. I will go."

"You just have to promise me something Audie. That you will return here, when you feel it is time."

"Yes, when I reach nineteen. So I am sure that I can grow past seventeen. So...seventeen years."

"That's why you want to go..."

"Yes!"

He smiled. "Audie, I do love you and I will miss you greatly. But if you make the promise to return to me, then I will make this promise to you. When you return, I will have my human body, and I will be able to touch you."

"Yes Libra."

They both smiled and Audie went back to sleep, with Libra watching over her. One last time.

Julie was shocked by Claire's news about Audie. That she would be returning home with Claire and would be come her daughter. Claire seemed very happy, and proud. Much more so then what she had been before this.

"Are you sure about that? You really think she is going to leave Libra?" asked Julie.

Claire look over at her. "Yes, I believe so. She said before that was the only thing that was stopping her from going with me. I guess he told her it was ok, so now she is coming home with me."

Lazar made a hmm sound. "It just all seems so sudden. Libra mentioned to me that they had other visitors that wanted to take Audie with them, and she refused." He paused. "Then again, Audie did seem to know a lot about the kidnapping. Maybe you are like an idol to her or something along those lines to have her cling to you so fast."

"Maybe."

Lazar looked up at Julie, who looked down at him. "Can the ship be ready to go so soon?" he asked.

"Yes Lazar. Libra 279 gave us some energy so that we can leave sooner. I guess he wants Audie to leave as soon as possible so that she may return." Lazar nodded.

Captain Alaric and his STILL unnamed unknown android went back onto their ship first. "Man! We were only there for one day!" complained Alaric.

A voice called out to Alaric to wait, but he continued along. Julie sighed and her eyes fell to the ground.

"That stupid robot means more to him then his own crew..."

"HEY!" yelled Lazar. The android looked back at him with a smile. "Who are you?!" "I'm a personal android of the captain."

"But what's your name?"

The android stopped. "Name?"

"Yes, what are you called?"

The girl lost her smile and gained a sad look on her face. "I don't know. I am always referred to as 'Android' of 'Girl'..."

"How about Akarui. It means cheerful in Japanese, and you certainly are cheerful," a voice laughed from behind them.

The pink hair girl smiled again. "Thank you Miss Audie. I will enjoy this name very much. Is it true you are returning with us?"

Julie and Lazar turned to see a young girl standing there. About two to three years old, but an excellent speech and vocabulary. The two of them were shocked that this little girl could be Audie...

"Audie?" they both asked. The girl just smiled. Claire walked over to her new daughter and placed her hands on her shoulders.

"Audie? Are you ready to come with us?" asked Claire. The little girl nodded.

"Why are you coming with us?" asked Julie. She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow to her.

"She wants to see if she can grow older then seven-teen. She can't right now, so she wants to go with me and see if she can," Claire replied.

Julie looked up at Claire for a second. She then looked down at Audie, "Why did you choose Claire?"

The young Audie hugged onto Claire's leg. "I heard so much about Claire's journey, and what she had to live through. I just wanted to meet her so much. Now I get to be with her for seven-teen years!"

"Why only seven-teen years?" asked Lazar.

"I want to come back here after that. Back to Libra..."

"Oh, I see. Well, we better go before it gets too late."

"Yeah, come on Audie. I'll take you to your room this time," Julie laughed. She extended her hand to Audie, but she didn't take it.

"I have to say goodbye to Libra first!" Audie exclaimed. Trashing her head around quickly. "He said he would meet me here!"

"Maybe, he thought it would be better if he didn't say good bye," Claire said. She kneeled down so that she was eye level with Audie. Able to see the tears welding up in her eyes.

"I have to find him!" yelled Audie. She ran off into a dark corridor. Neither Julie, Lazar, or Claire followed her. She knew where she was going.

As she reached to corridor, she changed her age. She turned into the first room she could find.

"Ok Libra," she said. From the oldest form she had. "I know you can hear me. Please...just say goodbye to me at least."

She stood there for what seemed like forever in silence. The tears were now falls down her cheeks.

"Audie," a voice finally said from behind her. She turned to see Libra in his hologram form. "I am sorry, I couldn't bare to say good bye. There are some draw backs to having a human brain."

Audie smiled. "I'm just glad you came. I couldn't leave with out saying good bye. I am coming back Libra. Nothing could stop me from it."

He smiled a bit. "I know. But there is still the time that you won't be here. I just hope that you achieve what you hope to."

She stepped closer to him. Wishing that she could at least hug him one time before she left. She sighed, "Libra, I hope so. Other wise this pain would be for nothing."

"You should just go. It is not going to get any easier," he whispered. She nodded slightly.

"Good bye Libra."

"Good bye Audie..."

She turned and left him there. Getting onto the other ship. Leaving him all alone, lost somewhere in the depths of space. For the next seven teen years, she would be completely alone.

He sighed heavily and sat on the ground. "Sometimes, I wish I didn't have any feelings at all..."

Leave reviews. Let me know if you like it. ^_^.