Fan Fiction ❯ Looking in a Mirror ❯ Chapter thirteen ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Thirteen-

The Monday after Valentines Day Kensie came up to the couple, who were sitting at a bench before school discussing something, and asked, "So, how did Valentines Day go?"

Devan and Eric looked over at her, Devan grinning and Eric blushing slightly, "Well, I was only kidding when I said that about the syrup, but it turned out to be fun."

Kensie gave him a confused look before asking, "What were you kidding about doing with syrup?" She had a vague idea of what he might mean, but she asked anyway.

Eric's blushed deepened as he answered, "Never mind, you don't really want to know anyway."

Kensie smiled, thinking she now at least knew what it involved to some extent. "I think you may be right on that one. And you didn't force him into doing anything, did you?" she asked, giving Devan an accusatory look.

"Anything I did was consensual without prodding," Devan replied, giving her a 'how could you even think I'd do something like that' look.

"You're not as sweet as everyone thinks you are," she answered with a smirk, "and I can see through the deception."

Eric smiled and elbowed Devan lightly, "I told you not everyone thought you were Mr. Perfect."

"You'll have to show me someone other than one of my ex-girlfriends to actually prove your point," Devan said lightly into his ear.

Eric pushed Devan's shoulder and rolled his eyes, "I don't think she's bias because you two broke up."

Kensie chuckled at the two sitting in front of her. They were amusing to watch and she couldn't remember ever seeing Devan act this way, act this happy and relaxed.

Devan looked over at Kensie and asked, "What are you laughing at?"

She smiled wider, "Oh, just you two, you're so...cute together!"

Devan frowned at being referred to as cute in any sort of manner and Eric looked down at the ground feeling uncomfortable.

Before any of them could say anything more the warning bell rang. Devan and Eric stood up putting their bags on their back. Kensie just smiled, waved and walked off to her class.

Devan gave her a smile and grabbed Eric's wrist heading in the other direction, which was where both of their classes were.

When they reached Eric's class Devan gave him a smile and let his wrist slip out of his hand as he continued down the hallway.

*~*~*

The rest of the day went normally and when the bell rang Eric headed out the door but was stopped by the new student in his class. "Hi, I'm Madelyn," she said, offering him her hand.

"Uh...hi, I'm ah...Eric," he said, hesitantly placing his hand in hers.

"It's nice to meet you!" she replied with a huge smile.

Eric nodded in return, "Yeah, um...same here."

"Well, then I'll see you tomorrow," and with that she happily skipped off in the direction of the door.

Eric stood there for a moment, confused, before shaking his head and heading off to meet Devan in the drama room that was his last class.

*~*~*

Devan packed up his stuff, but didn't leave the room since that was where Eric was meeting him today. As he picked up his books that didn't fit into his backpack off the floor he heard the door open.

He turned around expecting to see Eric, but instead found a guy about two inches taller then himself with red-brown hair that fell just past his shoulders but was pulled into a ponytail at the base of his neck, and emerald green eyes. He wore the school uniform and carried a black backpack.

Devan stood there in silent shock for a moment as he took it all in.

The young man smiled, straight white teeth showing, now merely a foot from Devan, and said in a low voice, "Hey sugar."

Devan blinked and started to say, "Der..." before he was cut off by the other guy's lips being placed on his own. Devan moved to push the other guy away when he heard the door open.

*~*~*

Eric pushed open the door leading to Devan's drama room. He stepped into the room to find two people kissing.

As the door clicked shut behind him the man with his back to him turned around reviling the person he was kissing's identity.

Eric stared at Devan for a moment before saying, "I...ah..." then turned around to leave the room, his head spinning as he fumbled with the door knob.

As he finally got the door open and was half way out of the room when he heard Devan's voice behind him, "Eric!"

He didn't stop and he couldn't think very well. As he was walking he tried to figure out what might have been happening when he'd walked in.

While he was blindly walking he ran right into Kensie, who picked up immediately that something was wrong. "Eric, what's up?" she asked concern lacing her voice.