Fan Fiction ❯ Looking in a Mirror ❯ Chapter fifteen ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Fifteen-

The next morning Derek stood talking to the girl from Eric's forensics class. "So Madelyn, I have a problem you might be able to help me with."

"Really?" she asked, looking up from her math book.

"Yeah, if you don't mind that is," he said, giving the curly hair red head a small smile.

Her green eyes glittered as she looked up at him. "No, I don't mind" she replied, giving him a smile back.

"Ok, then, here's what I need help with," he said and started to tell her quietly what he needed her to do.

*~*~*

Kensie stood by the school's main entrance talking to a guy with short, light brown hair and dark blue eyes. "So, Kevin, I haven't been able to talk to you for awhile, how have you been?" she asked him with a small smile.

"It's been ok, nothing's really happened," he said with a small shrug.

She was about to say something in reply when Devan and Eric walked up.

Kevin looked over at them and his eyes got wide, "It's you two!"

Devan and Eric looked over at him. Eric blush when he recognized the waiter from Town's out the night of the dance.

Devan blinked, trying to place him before realizing, too, who he was. "You were our waiter at Town's Out," he said with a grin.

"Yeah," he nodded, trying really hard not to remember what the guy now standing in front of him had said.

Eric, still slightly pink, said, "I'm sorry for that." Then smiling a little he added, "He's a little hard to control sometimes."

Devan gave him a quick glare, Kevin laughed a little, and Kensie, who had no idea what was going on, rolled her eyes.

The warning bell wrong and Devan waved to Kensie as he dragged Eric off like usual heading for their class rooms.

*~*~*

The school day went by normally until Eric reached the end of his last hour class. As the bell wrong the girl who had come up to him the day before approached him again, this time grabbing his wrist and dragging him out of the room. “Here, I want to show you a new place that’s right up the street from here!”

Eric was caught off guard by her sudden appearance and could come up with anything to say until she had dragged him almost all the way out of the school parking lot. “Wait a second, what are you doing?” he finally got out as the reached the crosswalk.

“I’m showing you this new place up the street from our school,” she said, a cheery grin on her face.

“But, wait, I never said I’d go anywhere with you. I’ve got to meet someone back at the school…” he tried to remove his wrist form her hand but she was stronger then she look and held on tighter the more he tried to free himself.

“Oh,” she said softly looking down, “So, someone else is better than me? I see how is. No one ever wants to be around the annoying freshman.”

Eric started to panic a little bit. This was the last thing he knew how to deal with. “I…it’s not that…I just…I’m sure he’ll understand. I’ll go to this place with you, but only for a little bit,” he finished, not wanting her to start crying right there on the street corner.

“You will?” she asked, looked up at him hopefully.

Eric nodded, “Yeah, but like I said, only for a little while.”

*~*~*

Derek approached Devan, who was standing by the back door to the school waiting for Eric who was a bit late by now. “You’re boyfriend not show up?” he asked, sounding as though he didn’t care one way or the other.

“He’s a just a little late,” Devan replied, taking a step back as Derek got a little closer then he wanted him to, “I’m sure he’ll be here soon.”

“Yeah, I’m sure you’re right, he probably just got a little hung up,” Derek said, his smirk in place and his face very close to Devan’s. “See you ‘round Sugar, hope he doesn’t disappoint you.” And he turned and walked away.

Devan leaned back against the wall of the school, relieved he was gone and hoping Eric showed up soon.

*~*~*

Madelyn led Eric to a small café that had just opened. It was cozy and had really good muffins. Her brother had brought her there the morning before so they could have a nice breakfast before starting at their new school. “They have some really yummy stuff here,” she said as she opened the door and let him go in first.

Eric walked into the shop, which had light yellow table cloths and pink walls. The carpet was a pastel blue and it all looked really frilly to him. But he took a seat a table and a young waitress came over to them. “Can I help you two?” she asked, a soft smile on her face.

“Yeah, I’d like a coffee with cream and a blueberry muffin!” Madelyn told the waitress with a happy smile.

Eric smiled at her too, “And I’ll just have some water.”
“Ok, I’ll have that out for you in a minute,” she said and headed off to get what they’d ordered.

As they sat there the two started to talk about stuff and Eric began to enjoy talking to her.

Madelyn drank her coffee and ate her muffin as she talked to Eric, who she found was not only cute but very smart and a very interesting person.

After they’d been talking for about an hour, Eric looked down at his watch and relised and hour had passed already. “I’m sorry Madelyn, but I…ah…should get going,” he said, hoping Devan wouldn’t be too mad at him the next time he saw him.

“Oh, well, it was nice to talk with you, Eric. We should do something like this again sometime!” she stood up as he did and they left the café together, walking back toward the school.

“Do you need a ride home?” he asked, not wanting to leave her stranded at the school.

“No, my brother should be around here somewhere, I’ll just go find him. Bye!” she waved and started to walk off toward the back of the school where her brother had told her he would meet her.

Eric slid into his car and thought of Devan again. I hope he won’t get mad at, he thought again as he started the engine and drove home.