Fan Fiction ❯ Looking in a Mirror ❯ Chapter Seventeen ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Seventeen-
 
Madelyn was walking to the library when she spotted Eric walking down the hallway. He looked kind of depressed, his shoulders drooped and his head down. She walked up to him, “Hey Eric, what's wrong?”
 
Eric looked over at her and tried to smile, but was unable to get his facially muscles to work properly, so it came out as more of a droopy half smile. “I don't want to talk about it Madelyn,” he told her trying to keep walking, but she stepped in front of him.
“Well, then let me carrier your books!” she said with a smile, grabbing then.
 
“No, I really would rather… Will you give those back?” he said sighing, trying half heartedly to get his books back.
 
She relised that she should get to the library anyway, “Oh, yeah, I should go to the library anyway. I'll see you later Eric,” she said, handing his books left and half running half skipping off to the library.
 
Eric stood there for a minute before shaking his head and continuing on to his class.
 
*~*~*
 
Before Devan could get out of the lunch room he ran into Kensie. “Hey Devan! Where's Eric?” She asked looking around. They were always together at lunch, so it was a little odd that he wasn't around.
 
“Well…” Devan said, not sure how to tell her, “He sorta left.”
 
“Why, did he have something to do?” she asked, tilting her head, confused.
 
“No, we kind of had a fight…and…well…” Devan tried, feeling uncomfortable explaining this to her.
 
“Well what? Why don't you just give me the whole story Devan, `cause you're kind of confusing me right now,” she said, trying not to draw any conclusions on her own.
 
Devan sighed and sat down at an empty table, Kensie following his lead. He told her what had happened, sort of. And when he was done she sat there staring at him for a moment, before lifting up her hand and slapping him across the face.
 
Devan sat there for a moment, stunned, before exclaiming, “What was that for?!”
 
“To knock some sense into you!” she said, giving him a glair that could burn holes threw steal. Then she stood up without saying anything more and headed off down the hallway.
 
 
Eric, only a few moments later, ran into Peter. “Hey Eric…um…where's Devan?” he asked, the two were almost always together, so it was a little weird to find Eric alone.
 
Eric looked down at the floor, “We, sort of, broke up…”
 
“What?! Why'd you do that?!” Peter said, surprised. They always seemed so…happy. Why would have made them split up?
 
“Why do you care? You weren't even really completely ok with it. I haven't even seen you much…” Eric said.
 
“But, you seemed so happy. That's why I care, I do want you to be happy Eric, and he seemed like he made you happy…!” Peter replied.
 
“Well, I guess he didn't, just leave me alone,” Eric said heading off down the hallway.
 
“Fine Peter muttered, heading down to lunch, leaving his friend to sulk or whatever he was doing.
 
No sooner had Peter left did Kensie show up. Without saying anything she stepped in front of Eric, who stopped in surprise and confusion at the anger that was radiating off of her, pulled her arm back and slapped him across the face just as she had done Devan.
 
Eric stared at her for a moment before asking, “What was that for?!”
 
She glared at him, “To knock some sense into you!”
 
“Wha…?!” Eric started to say as Kensie turned around and stopped off without another word.
 
It took Eric a moment to figure out why she had done that, then he sighed, determined to make it to English without another encounter about Devan.
 
*~*~*
 
Devan was about to stand up when Derek walked up. “Where's Erin?” he asked, a friendly smile on his face.
 
Devan glanced over at him, “You mean, Eric?”
 
“Oh, yeah, him, where is he?” Derek said.
 
“He…he's not here,” Devan replied.
 
“Where is he?” Derek asked.
 
“He…broke up with me,” Devan replied, standing up. He really didn't want to talk to him anymore.
 
“Oh, well, Devan I'm really sorry. I hope it all works out,” he said, giving Devan a sympathetic smile.
 
Devan finished standing up, “I should get to class.” He walked off, heading to his next class leaving Derek alone.
 
*~*~*
 
Derek smiled as Devan left, his face looking evil. “Not quite how I'd planed it but it'll work anyway. It won't be long Devan, you'll be mind again.”