Fan Fiction ❯ Looking in a Mirror ❯ Chapter Twenty-Five ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Twenty-Five
 
Over the next month Eric helped Devan pack for college. Since the college was so far away Devan was just going to take a few things like cloths and stuff with him and fly out there getting whatever else he needed once he got there.
When Eric found out this was what he was planning on doing he just shook his head and muttered, "Rich people," before proceeding to place the object he was holding in his hand, which was a flashlight, into the suitcase.
 
The day Devan was leaving came up quicker than the two would have liked. Eric drove Devan to the airport since he didn't really want his parents there, and his day wouldn't have been able to come, and his mom would have probably cried or something.
They stood at the bottom of the escalator, since Eric couldn't go up.
As they stood there, hands clasped, Devan said, "I have some thing for you."
"I though I was suppose to give you something, not the other way around," Eric replied, though he was smiling.
"Nah, I'm allowed to give you something," and he took his back pack off pulling out two small boxes. "This one is yours," he said, handing one of the boxes to Eric.
Eric looked at him then the box before opening it. Inside was a white gold bracelet. Eric looked confused as he looked at it.
Devan laughed lightly, "Look on the in side," told him, opening the other box he still held in his hands, pulling out and identical bracelet.
Eric slipped the bracelet out of the box and looked at the inside. Inscribed there were the words finding the one you love...
Then Devan showed him the inscription on the inside to the other one. ...is like looking in a mirror.
Eric smiled, "Thank you."
"You're are welcome, as long as you really do like it," Devan replied.
"I do," he said, slipping it on.
Devan smiled back at him, "I'd put mine on, but I still have to get threw security, so...that seems a little pointless."
Eric laughed, "Yeah, it would. You should get going though; your plane will be boarding in a half hour."
"Yeah, I suppose I should. I'll see you about Thanks Giving," Devan said.
"Yup," Eric answered.
"Bye," he said, before quickly kissing him and heading to the stairs, which were in between the up and down escalator.
"Bye," Eric said waving a little, the bracelet sliding down his arm.
Devan turned around briefly, gave a wave back and was gone up the stairs.
Eric's smile faded a little but he knew it would return at the end of November and he looked forward to it as he headed out to his car to go home.
 
"Finding the one you love is like looking in a mirror."