Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Memories of a Time Before Dark ❯ Chap. 1 Sunny Day Out ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here you go!!! The first chap is out… sorrie if it took so long..=]
 
 
 
Chap. 1: Sunny Day out
 
 
“Oh thank the gods you're awake!!!” my mom exclaimed in my ears making my face scrunched up at the loud sound. I don't know how long I've been asleep… but it seems like a lifetime.
“Mom… hi… you look horrible!” I exclaimed,” ha-ha… I'm just playing mom… but you do look older… I hope you didn't have to worry about me so much. Didn't I always tell you that I'm fine?” trying to make light of the situation at hand I smiled. Mom never knew how much I'm actually worried about her though. Her once long dark hair was now spotted with grey, her eyes held bags from many a sleepless night, her face have seen better days, and now has earned several new lines of wrinkled skin no doubt from worrying too much due to her blind daughter. The only thing that has never changed about her was her freckled green eyes. They were still as lively and sparkling with amusement as always, no matter how many hardships she has endured. Fortunately for me, many have said that I inherited those very same green eyes, they are the only things on my face that I am proud of. A girl of 15, I considered myself to be very plain. My messy hair due to the fact that I just woke up is loosely curled and is waist long because I have always been too lazy to cut it. On the front of my face, long side-bangs swept over my round face frame always covering part of my eyes. They drove my mom crazy because she thinks that a girl needs to show her face more and not hide it behind a curtain of hair. She said that with me hiding my face like this, no wonder why she has never seen any guys around me. I, however, liked it tremendously and couldn't care less if I attracted guys or not. Sometimes I just think that they're a waste of time, and I could do better without them.
“Oh wow… after months of being blind and 2 days of comma induced sleep, you see your mom for the first time and this is the greetings I got?!” My mom said, fainting mock outraged, “well… I guess I'm lucky that you're even saying hi to me at all shouldn't I?” sarcasm dripping from her voice.
“Aww… mom you should!! Ha-ha… you know I'm just messing around. But really, I really wish that you wouldn't have to stress so much, you've aged a year in a month!” I exclaimed concern visible in my eyes.
Trying to be busy with herself by cleaning up things that was around the room, she suddenly stops and looked deep into my eyes, her eyes glittering in the sunlight. Suddenly, as if on cue, seeing my mom's bittersweet happiness, at my newly regained sight, a deep sadness washed over me. It made me shivers deep into my bones. It was am emotion so strong that I could not fathom. I had no idea why I felt that way, but then I just could not really question it right at the moment because I abruptly burst into tears. That had caused my mother to burst into tears also; however, I knew that we were both crying for very different reasons. The only thing wrong is that I have no idea why I was crying.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
After we both had tired ourselves out by crying, I went to take a shower while my mom prepare my breakfast. When that was done, seeing that I had nothing to do since I was off from school due to my illness, I had decided to pass by school when 6th period ends just to surprise my friends. Since school has started 2 months earlier, when I was still handicapped, I was very excited to see if anything has changed. It will be my freshman year, and my first time attending high school. Putting on a pair of tight low-rise jeans with a white-striped-green tank top accompanied by a cropped leather sweater and black vans slip-ons, with my hair in two ponytails and a white knit cap, I said goodbye to my mom and started out alone to re-explore the city on my motorcycle after I had been cured(One of the best thing about Japan, is that you can practically drive anything even when you're not of age yet *just as long as you're careful not to get caught while doing so*.).
Tokyo seems the same as before, the same noisy streets and street vendors, the same people who goes to work everyday, standing on the side walks screaming out to the customers showing off their goods. Everything is the same, only I had changed. The sounds of the streets had increased its volume in my ears, driving pass on my black and blue motorcycle I can hear every sound in heighten volume see everything in more details, as if because of my blindness my ears is more intoned, my eyes after the operation is more acute, and I began to noticed small details that I would've never realized before. I of course was delighted to have those newfound skills and was enjoying new perspective of life. Then, as I was driving aimlessly through the city, I passed my favorite ice-cream store. Stopping at Cold Stone, I was about to move into a parking space when a red and black BMW 350 bike cuts in front of me and move into my space!
The driver was a guy, of around my own age or somewhat a little bit older. The first thing I noticed was his long white hair trimmed with orange at the tip tied into a ponytail at the back of his head. He had an air of confidence around him that to me just seems like arrogance. Wearing shiny black Armani Exchange sunglasses he turned and started up the stairs to the ice-cream store not even turning to look at me.
“Hey! Asshole! What the hell do you think you're doing?!? Just cutting in front of me like that?” I screamed enraged that some one as young as him could be such a jerk. “Didn't you see that I was going to park there? There are a bunch of other spaces, why didn't you just park in one of them?” I yelled outraged even more that he's not even turning back. When he finally did, his face held a look of apathy, and I could have imagined his eyes behind those dark shades looking down at me with a belittling stare.
“Oh I'm sorry, were you going to park there? Well I guess that's too bad then right? Why don't you, go park somewhere else instead?” full of sarcasm, he answers my dagger-like glare and whipped up the steps entering the store without a second glance. Not wanting to get in trouble the very day that I had just recovered, I swallowed my pride and stormed into the ice-cream store hoping that it would be the last I saw of the jerk. Oh how I wished I was right…
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Preview: Soo... I finally arrived at school, and get the surprise of my life!!! Then things started to get complicated when I was stuck in Martial Arts club…And guess who challenged me to a fight? I thought guys were supposed to be gentlemanly. Apparently that policy has never been heard of around that jerk.
 
 
The first few chapters are not that interesting... but I promise it will get better. ^_^