Fan Fiction ❯ Love And Lies ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 2
 
Saw my heart shatter
That hateful day
Saw my dreams scatter
Got no more to say
 
I stared at the girl in front of me. Finally, I shook my head.
“No.”
“What?”
“Der... Derek is fake.”
The girl snorted and folded her arms. We were now floating in a grayish colored place. The white had completely gone now.
 
The truth is a lie
Now all I want to do today
All I want to do is die
 
“Look, Chimo, I've been watching you and Derek. He's as real as you are. I should know; I'm the angel! By the way, I'm Siena.”
I chuckled. “I'm dead, Siena.”
“No you're not.” She shook her head as she spoke. “I'm here to shove you back and get you to Derek. He's been messed up because he thinks that you're fake. Of course... it's worse now...”
 
Trust turned to fear
I can't even stay
In this place, here
Where I would be all day
 
I frowned. Siena sounded... familiar... But where.... I resolved to search through my email when I woke. Since Siena was so sure I would, I had accepted it.
“So what am I supposed to do? Find a plane ticket to Japan, find where he lives, walk up and say 'Hi, Derek! Remember me? You and I used to talk all the time! We just never met!' Are you CRAZY!?”
 
After I saw my dreams
Disappear out the door
My laughter turned into screams
I can't stay here anymore
 
Siena gave me a helpless look. “Um... sorry... I do have a ticket!”
She dug into a pocket that was on the red dress she was wearing. It was a red dress that laced up the sides on gold buttons. She had a black hat on over her black hair that went to her knees, black boots that went high up her legs and black and purple striped arm-warmers. Her eyes were even a coal color.
 
Saw my heart shatter
That hateful day
Saw my dreams scatter
Got no more to say
 
She handed the ticket to me, and I sighed. “Alright. So I get to Japan. Then what!?”
“You... find him...?” Siena gave me another helpless smile.
Great. I'm stuck with a psycho angel who can't plan and keeps telling me Derek is real... Perhaps I should explain about him too.
 
The truth is a lie
Now all I want to do today
All I want to do is die
 
I've always been a big fighter. During my freshman year, I became proud of the fact that I didn't need a guy to hang on. I was pretty with long, black curls, pale skin, amber eyes, a good GPA and a very well toned body. I was a wild wolf, as a friend put it, and no one could tame me. No one ever did. Then, I joined my friend's rpg site and told my other friend, Alex, about it. She joined along with several other people. One of them was Derek.
 
Broken shards of glass
Lying on the ground
A bit of love was all I would ask
Now my heart won't make a sound
 
On the site, I role-played an ookami hanyou: a wolf half-breed. I was an assassin and thief. He was a kitsune: a fox. A very flirtatious kitsune that also was a thief. That's how we met: flirtatious kitsune vs. gothic, fighter hanyou.
At first, I didn't give into his flirting. He actually annoyed me a bit. Yet, somehow, slowly, very, very slowly, he melted the ice around my heart and captured it. I became obsessed. Until, that is, the day I found truth.
 
I won't show my fear
I won't be weak
I refuse to shed a tear
To show the pain you seek
 
I was happily enjoying my delusions when my parents got involved. Couldn't they have just left well enough alone? Couldn't they have let me be happy for once? No, I guess not... That would have been kind. They somehow got Laura to say Derek was fake. I swear that I heard my heart shatter into a million pieces. My dreams turned to nightmares, and I lost everyone. I was alone.
 
Saw my heart shatter
That hateful day
Saw my dreams scatter
Got no more to say
 
Now some crazy angel with *the black wings of the lost was telling me he was real!? WHY COULDN'T I JUST DIE IN PEACE!?
I sighed and finally nodded at Siena.
“You gonna stay with me?”
Siena grinned and nodded vigorously. “Yup! But only you will be able to see me!”
I sighed again. “Whatever, tenshi. So how do I get back in my body?”
 
The truth is a lie
Now all I want to do today
All I want to do is die
 
“Like this...” Siena shoved me, and I felt like I was hurtling through space. It was like I was spinning uncontrollably.
 
Hate fills my soul
Death is now my goal
I'm turning as cold
As the frozen gold
That I see in your emerald eyes
Filled with malice and lies
 
'This must be what a football feels when it's in a spiral...' I thought sarcastically and chuckled. That was right before everything went black again.
 
 
Saw my heart shatter
That hateful day
Saw my dreams scatter
Got no more to say
The truth is a lie
Now all I want to do today
All I want to do is die
 
*angels with black wings are angels who weren't so great in life - to rectify themselves, they have to help someone; then they get their white wings