Fan Fiction ❯ Love And Lies ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
 
Listen to the dark
Listen to the rain
Listen to the hatred
As it sings of your pain
 
I inhaled deeply and sharply, gasping and coughing, as I woke. Eyes wide and a bit panicked, I looked around. White walls. White walls surrounded me. Great, I was in a hospital.
I fell back against the pillows and groaned.
'Did I really just promise some hallucination that I would go to Japan and find Derek...?'
 
Listen to the wind
In the winter with no end
Now the time has come
To reveal to you my friend
 
Well first off, I wasn't a hallucination, and second yes! You did!
I jumped and looked around, ignoring the pain that shot through my whole left side. There, by the window, was Siena. She was still in the same outfit and looking at me like nothing unusual was going on.
 
Demons hear you cry
But don't let life go bye
Find a way to burn the hate inside
 
Forgot to mention the mind link, didn't I?
'Yeah... you did...'
Well, so long as you don't block me from your mind, I can hear/read your thoughts.
'Oh.... alright...'
Yup. Oh, the doctor's coming...
 
I'm remembering the end
But I don't remember when
The time will come when you will find it too
The hate that's inside of you
 
I turned towards the door as I heard footsteps and voices. One, a deep, male voice, was probably that of the doctor. The other was my mother's.
“I'm sorry, ma'am, but I'm afraid your daughter won't wake up...”
 
Spite will be the end
Of following the call
That hate has always given
To one and to all
 
“I have a daughter!?” Yeah, that was my mom alright... Isn't parental love wonderful?
I sighed as they came in.
“Yes, mother. I'm your daughter. And, doctor, I think I woke up. Not sure, though.” I smirked and let my sarcasm seep into the two in front of me. I might as well have had three heads the way the doctor was staring at me.
 
Heartbreak and pain
No more fun
No more gain
If you listen to the lies
 
I sighed and stretched. Standing, I walked over to my mother. I barely winced as the pain in my chest bit at me harshly. I knew I was bleeding, but I didn't care. I nodded to the doctor.
“Thank you doctor. I'll gather my stuff, and we'll go home.
“Would someone please tell me what's going on!” That was my mother.
Is she drunk?
'Most likely.'
Oh...
'You're an innocent, aren't you...?'
Heh heh... what makes you say that!?
`Wild guess.'
 
Demons hear you cry
But don't let life go bye
Find a way to burn the hate inside
 
“Mother,” I said, gently placing my hand on the woman's shoulder, “let's go home. I'll explain along the way... Doctor, my things?”
“Right!” The doctor hurried away confused.
The doctor handed my backpack and knife over to my mother. My mom looked them over and blinked in confusion.
“I'll explain.”
“You'd better!” My mother growled. “Here. Take your junk!”
My mother shoved my things into my hands and we started out.
 
I'm remembering the end
But I don't remember when
The time will come when you will find it too
The hate that's inside of you
 
Siena followed behind us. When we got to the parking lot, I told my mother that an accident happened at school and I was stabbed. My mother nodded dumbly and jumped in the car. She drove off with out me.
That woman should be reported for child abuse!
'It's fine, Siena. I wanted to walk anyway.'
Still...
I shook my head and started walking.
 
Hear the night as it shouts
Your name to the wind
Hear the fear and doubt
About this world we're in
 
Siena followed closely as I strolled down the street. As I walked, the person who used to be my best friend ran up to me. His name was Adam.
“OI! CHIMO!”
I stopped and looked over my shoulder at him. He froze and Siena winced. Obviously, my glare was as frosty as I had intended it to be.
 
There is hope left yet
Don't give up now
Fight the death
That hate gave out
 
“Ch-Chimo, Did you hear about the girl who stabbed herself in the bathroom? She was rushed to the hospital! Who would be s-”
I growled and cut him off. “YOU IDIOT, ADAM!! THAT GIRL WAS ME! IT WAS ME!! THIS IS WHY!!! THIS IS WHY I'VE BEEN SO DEPRESSED LATELY!! YOU DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE I WASN'T AT SCHOOL!! YOU DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE IT WAS ME THAT THEY RUSHED OUT OF THERE!! YOU ARE SO DENSE!!”
Adam flinched as I kept going. “YOU SAY YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND!?! YOU DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE IT WAS ME! KAMI! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN, YOU IDIOT!”
 
Demons hear you cry
But don't let life go bye
Find a way to burn the hate inside
 
I ran down the street. Siena followed as closely as she could. I left Adam staring after me. After a few blocks, I stopped, panting. I couldn't run anymore with the pain in my chest. It hurt like hell, and the blood was soaking into my hand, but it didn't matter. I had gotten away.
 
I'm remembering the end
But I don't remember when
The time will come when you will find it too
The hate that's inside of you
 
Some friend...
'They're all like that now... they've forgotten me. It doesn't matter.'
I straightened and started walking again. Siena followed.
'You do know that's why I'm doing as you ask, right?'
Huh?
 
Listen to the night
As it calls your name
Listen to the voices
They're all the same
 
'The only reason I'm going to find Der, and the only reason I'm going to believe you, is because I don't have anything else to lose. My friends have forgotten me. My mother and father don't know I exist. My only hope is Derek.'
Siena nodded and sighed.
I know...
 
Don't let them lead you
Down that lonely path
Don't let them lead you
To the deadly blood bath
 
We got to my house, and I ran down to my room. I shut the door, turned on my computer, and lit several candles.
'What day does the flight on the ticket leave?'
Tomorrow at 10.
'Right... I'll pack as soon as I start downloading everything from my computer to my laptop.'
You have a laptop!?
'My grandmother gave me one before she died. My brother and her were the two that made my parents remember me...'
 
Demons hear you cry
You won't let life go bye
You found a way
 
I connected my computer and laptop and began the download. Siena and I then began to pick and choose what would come with me on my trip. I wasn't going back to school. No one would miss me anyway.
 
To burn the hate
You found your way
Through the lies....