Fan Fiction ❯ Love And Lies ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
 
Don't forget me
Don't forget
Don't forget please
Don't forget
 
By the time I had finished, it was around midnight. I had downloaded EVERYTHING. The good thing was, my laptop had a LOT of space. I unplugged my laptop and put it in my book bag. I don't have a backpack; I have a bag. It was nice. Black with a yin yang symbol on the front and some roses I had drawn on there. I liked it a lot.
I also jammed some extra clothes, CD player, books and knives in there. The security at our airport was crap. Before going through the metal detectors, I'd hack into the system and mess with some things anyway. I'd get through, and no one would bother me.
 
Though you leave to find
The world outside
Still don't forget
 
I walked over to Siena and tapped her on the shoulder. I was surprised when my hand didn't go through. Siena jumped when I touched her; my hands were cold.
“Siena, I'm done. Time to get going.”
 
Words have been said
Worlds have been forgotten
Yet still don't forget
 
Siena nodded and stood, stretching. In the meantime, I went into my parent's bedroom. My mom was drunk and knocked out at the table, and my dad was drunk in front of the TV; no one was in their room. I rummaged around for a little while. Finally, I found what I was looking for in a side drawer. I took about $500 of the $2000 that was there. They wouldn't notice it was gone. They never notice anything anymore. Not when they were drunk all the time.
 
Though you leave to find
Your world outside
Please don't forget
 
I tucked it away and jogged out. Siena was waiting for me by the front door. I smirked at her as I brushed by. I started jogging as she floated next to me.
Oh man... what did you do!?
'Nothing to horrible. Don't worry. You ready to go?'
I think so... I still don't trust you.
'You shouldn't. I can be very sneaky if I want to be.'
This will be an interesting trip...
'Yes, it will be!'
 
Please remember me
When you're feeling lonely
Please remember
I will think of you forever
Just don't forget
 
I jogged for about three miles until I turned off the main road.
Where are we going?
'To the last person who notices me. He'll give me a ride.'
If you say so...
I jogged down the street until I reached a light brown house. I ran around back and found the right window. I then tapped on the glass. The lump on the bed didn't move, so I tapped harder. Still no movement. I hit the glass hard and the lump jumped.
 
Don't forget please
Don't forget
Don't forget me
Don't forget
 
I rolled my eyes. The boy who had been the lump stumbled over and opened the window. He had short, brown hair, a round, boyish face, brown eyes and was shoving glasses on to them.
“Chimo?” He said groggily, waking up slowly.
“None other. Look, Jiyu, I need a ride. I'm getting out of here.”
Jiyu was instantly awake.
“About time! Wait by the garage door, I'll be out as soon as I get a some jeans on.”
I nodded and walked up front again.
 
When you're on the road
Traveling far and wide
Please don't forget me
 
That was... interesting... why did you call him Jiyu? Doesn't that mean freedom?
'Yes, and my name means silence. Big whoop. Jiyu has always been everyone's ticket to freedom, so that's what he's called. He's a freshman in college, but he's still cool.'
Oh... okay...
 
 
People come and people go
Some companions and some foes
Yet still when you're lost
And scared inside
Just remember me
 
A few minuets later, Jiyu came out front with two helmets and his bike. His bike was black and dark blue... I had to get me one of those in Japan... but mine would just be black.
We rode to the airport in silence. Well, we didn't say anything. The motor wasn't all that quiet. Anyway, we got there around the time that dawn was creeping over the hills. Once there, I said goodbye to Jiyu. I was about to pay him, but he wouldn't take the money.
“It's about time you got out of here, Chimo. I'm only glad I could help. Just make sure you give me call once you're situated.”
A ghost of a smile flickered over my face.
“Thanks, Jiyu. You're the best. Ever.”
I kissed him quickly on the cheek.
“Awww... Quit that, Chimo! You're gonna make me cry!”
 
Please remember me
When you're feeling lonely
Please remember
I will think of you forever
Just don't forget
 
I smiled lightly and ran inside silently. I had always been a silent mover. Now was no exception. When I got inside, I sat down and plugged my laptop into the wall. In a few minuets, I had hacked into the computer system, giving me access to get through the metal detectors without getting in trouble.
I finished and unplugged my computer. I then headed towards the metal detectors. I gave them my ticket and got through without trouble. I grabbed my bag and headed for my gate. Siena was my silent shadow.
 
Don't forget please
Don't forget
Don't forget me
Don't forget
 
I got to my gate and waited for a few hours. In that time, I caught up on my sleep. Nothing interesting. After I woke up, I boarded, got to my seat, and fell asleep again. No one sat next to me in the back. I was quite happy. I woke again after we had taken off long enough to put on my headphones, then fell back to sleep until we were landing.
Once we had landed, I put my headphones back on and started walking out. I took a trolley to the last stop it would take me, got out, and looked around. It was amazing. Mountains surrounded the town I was in. Wherever I turned, I could see them. I turned to Siena.
 
When you're on the road
Traveling far and wide
Please don't forget me
 
`Alright. Now what?'
This is Derek's town. We find him.
`Right… how? Do you have a place he goes often?'
I know his school and his hang outs if he isn't there.
`Let's try the school first, then we'll try somewhere else.'
Alright! This way!
 
People come and people go
Some companions and some foes
 
We walked. We walked, and we walked, and we walked. We walked for hours. By the time we had gotten to the school, it was probably around six there and, the sun was low in the West.
`Okay, Siena. He obviously won't be here, and I'm hungry. Let's get some food, then we'll go to his hang outs, k?'
Alright.
 
Yet still when you're lost
And scared inside
Just remember me
 
We found some little coffee shop on the corner about a block away from the school. I got a sandwich and a coffee. After eating and drinking, I felt much better. My last meal had been yesterday morning (I think. I didn't know how long I had been asleep in the hospital.), and I had been starving.
Siena just watched me eat. As soon as I had finished my food, I still had some of my drink left. After going to the bathroom, we left; my drink in my hand as I occasionally sipped from it.
He could be several places.
`Let's go with the most likely.'
Alright then!
`Why are you in such a good mood?'
Because… I just am!
`Whatever. Lead on, tenshi. Lead on.'
We walked to about a dozen places: a park, several coffee shops, even more alleys, and a few other places. None of them had the tall, black haired, green-eyed boy we were looking for. After about four hours, Siena was down to her last few places: Shiju's house, Neruku's house, Arden's house, Shuiichi's house, Derek's house, or the graveyard. The afore mentioned boys were a part of his gang.
 
Please remember me
When you're feeling lonely
 
Siena led me to the first house. It was the one Derek would most likely be at if he not his own or the graveyard. For some reason, Siena was very edgy about the graveyard. So that's how we ended up outside of
Shiju's house at 11:30 P.M.
The house was pretty big. Siena said it had 3 stories and a walkout basement. There was no sign of anyone out front, but Siena said that didn't matter.
They sometimes park in the garage. To keep their bikes from getting dirty, scratched or stolen.
I shrugged, not caring much, and followed Siena around back. She stopped at the door. The lights were on, and I could hear laughter and some music. I banged on the door.
 
Please remember
I will think of you forever
Just don't forget
 
The music and voices stopped. I heard footsteps, and the door opened. Man, I must have been an interesting sight to see. A blood-stained, muddy shirt (my wound had torn open from the running I had to do to get here), ripped and grass-stained jeans, messy, blood and mud-caked hair and face. Yup, I was an interesting sight alright. No wonder people had been staring at me.
“Hi... um... Is Derek here?”
My voice sounded harsh. Even to me. I winced at the grating sound. I needed water, and food would have been welcome as well.
 
Please remember me
When you're feeling lonely
 
The three guys that I could see stared at me. The one who had opened the door - I think he was Shuiichi because he had short blond hair, blue eyes and tan skin as described to me once - snapped into reality after a little while.
“Uh... no. The boss isn't here... why? Who are you?”
I groaned.
'Damn it, Siena! I'm tired and he isn't here!'
Gomen... maybe they'll let you stay?
'No... look at them. They're scared of me.'
I looked Shuiichi in the eye.
“Shuiichi, right?”
The boy nodded, even more amazed.
“People call me Chimo. I'm looking for Fox. Sorry to bug you guys. Good night.”
 
Please remember
I will think of you forever
Just don't forget
 
I turned and wearily began to walk away. A few seconds later, something was latched onto my arm. I looked down. A young girl with brown hair (the only way I could tell it was brown was from the light coming from the open door, otherwise, it looked black) and big, brown eyes was looking pleadingly up at me.
“Yes?”
“Please stay.” She begged.
“You must be Nikomiko.”
Please stay, Chimo! If you leave, you'll get hurt.”
I blinked tiredly, slightly confused, then nodded.
“Oh yeah... you're the psychic...”
I looked up at the boys. Shiju, Nikomiko's brother, was watching me warily as Arden and Shuiichi stared. I looked back at Nikomiko, then at Siena. I sighed.
“Alright... but I need a shower. I'm very dirty.”
Nikomiko grinned and nodded. She led me in, past the boys, and up the stairs. We came to a pink room with cherry blossoms lining the ceiling. I hate pink... but this would be worth withstanding it. Nikomiko showed me the bathroom. I grabbed some extra clothes and headed in.
 
Don't forget me
Don't forget, please
 
I took a long, hot shower. As my muscles relaxed, my brain started running again. I still had to search through my emails. I wasn't going to stay here for more than a night, so it would be up at the crack of dawn for me. I had better leave a note...
When I finished, I slipped into my change of clothes. Ironically enough, it was my black, sleeveless, Chinese outfit. I buttoned the butterfly clasps over my black tank top and walked out. Everyone was staring at me.
 
Though you leave to find your world outside
Just remember me when you feel the need to hide
 
I frowned and looked at Siena who was hovering over Nikomiko.
Don't look at me! I didn't invite them!
'You could have warned me.'
YOU WERE IN THE SHOWER!!
I sighed and turned my attention to Shiju who was glaring menacingly.
“Yes?”
I was slammed against the wall, Shiju's snarling face in mine.
“How do you know us!?”
I freaked. I shoved him off me, kicking his side, and slammed against the wall as far as I could go to get away from the people attacking me. I did NOT like to be touched like that... not the way I had been touched... Not at all. I slid down the wall and curled up on myself, watching them with fear.
 
Don't forget me
Don't forget
 
“Shiju! You should know better!”
Nikomiko was at my side and wrapping me in a protective embrace. I flinched, but she didn't pull away.
“Kami! She's like a trapped wolf! Didn't you see the blood on her!? Didn't you notice her bandage!? It's all torn off now, and we'll have to re-wrap it!”
'My bandage! Siena, I totally forgot about that!'
Yeah, well your body didn't. You're bleeding all over your outfit. Doesn't it hurt?
'I can't feel it... Or maybe I just don't want to feel it. Either way, no.'
Man, you must be upset.
Just as I thought of it, pain seared throughout my shoulder and arm. I winced and curled tighter. Nikomiko noticed.
'Okay... yeah... Now it hurts...'
Dang... I'm sorry, Chimo.
 
Don't forget please
Don't forget
 
“Kami... we're wrapping that now.”
Nikomiko helped me up. We walked past the boys who were hanging their heads shamefully, and Nikomiko led me back to her room. She wrapped my shoulder. All the while, she muttered about how stupid her brother could be, and how it wasn't really his fault; he was protective. Afterwards, I fell asleep. It was 12:30.
Four and a half hours later, I woke. I slipped on my extra shoes - black Chinese style shoes - left a “thank you” note, and started running for the city. Siena followed as I jogged down the road.
 
Please don't forget
No please don't forget me
 
We came to another coffee shop. I bought breakfast, then kept running.
Chimo...
'Yes, Siena?'
Where are we going?
'Derek's school.'
But it's Saturday...
'Yes, but I can get Internet access there.'
Oh...
 
Please I'm waiting for you
Though you leave to find your world outside
Just remember me when you feel the need to hide
 
We got to the school. I slipped in from the roof and found the computer lab. It was locked. That was no problem. I took a safety pin from my bag and picked the lock. I slipped in and connected my laptop.
I grabbed my email file and began searching. After about an hour, I found what I was looking for: Siena. I glanced at the angel. She was sleeping. I looked back to the email. Well, now I knew who she was.
Siena had been Derek's girlfriend when they were younger, but she had killed herself at 13. Derek had tried to stop her, but had only gotten a hurt arm for his pains. The arm was now weak, but it was getting stronger. At least, that's what I had heard.
I sighed and leaned back. That was why she was so persistent on finding Derek. She felt guilty.
Siena woke about ten minuets later.
What?
'I figured out why you're so persistent on finding Der.'
Oh?
'Yeah... I found out who you were.'
Oh...
I sighed again and turned off my laptop. I put it away, silent. Once it was away, I looked at Siena again.
'I'm not going to hold it against you, Siena. Were I in your shoes, I'd do the same thing. Come on, tenshi. We have a fox to find.'
Siena grinned at me.
Okay!
 
I'll be waiting for you
Because I'll love you true...