Fan Fiction ❯ Love And Lies ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6
 
While the rain falls down
Let your spirit soar
Into the stormy sky
Where with wings you fly
As the rain falls down
 
It was around midnight six days later. I was in Derek's room. I couldn't sleep anywhere else. I was uncomfortable. I woke to the soft sound of rain hitting the window outside. I smirked slightly and stood, letting the blankets fall to the ground around me (I had insisted on sleeping on the floor so I wouldn't take his bed). I crept out of the room, careful not to wake Siena - who was sleeping in the window sill - or Derek who was in a sleeping bag on the floor.
I made my way outside and looked up as the rain fell, hitting my face. My smirk grew into a soft smile as I closed my eyes. I loved the rain. I stretched my arms up and began to slowly spin, letting the rain hit all of me. I loved the rain. Soon, I was soaking to the bone and didn't care one bit. The rain was warm, and the breeze was embracing. I adored it.
 
And the rain falls down
Like crystals from the sky
And you watch life go by
And the rain falls down
While tears of your pain
 
I pulled my hair from it's half pony tail confinement and shook my head wildly, letting my hair stick to me. I was still weak, sure, but I was having so much fun! I knew I would have to change my bandages as soon as I got in, but who cares? I was in the rain. I hadn't been out in the rain since back in America.
I did cartwheels in the mud, laughing as the thunder boomed over head and mud splattered all over my black outfit. I spun, letting my hair swirl out before plastering to my face and back. Kami this was fun!
I danced and played in the rain. That is until someone picked me up. I was laughing and spinning when someone swiftly picked me up bridal style. I yelped and opened my eyes, grabbing for the shirt to not loose my balance and instead grabbing bare shoulders.
 
Get lost in the rain
You start to smile
Cause it's okay
As the rain falls down
 
“Derek!”
“You shouldn't be out here when you're still so weak, Alexis. You could get sick.”
“Put me down, you big oaf! I'm not the one who came out here without a shirt!”
“No, but I'm not the one who's soaking to the bone with injuries on both sides of my upper torso.”
I glared at him. He just grinned and kissed me. Damn. Him and his stupid kisses... made me forget everything for a moment and loose my sense of sanity and fun.
 
Fly through the rain and cloud
Through the lightning and thunder
Through the raging storm
Your heart grows warm
As the rain falls down
 
He licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance. Hesitantly, I gave it to him. He sensed my confusion and fear and entered slowly, gently exploring my mouth. Involuntarily, I moaned. I felt Derek smirk against my lips. I would have fallen out of his arms had he not been holding me so tightly; I was that surprised, but I relaxed again.
Derek put me down and pulled away. I gave him a halfhearted glare, knowing I didn't really mean anything.
“I hate it when you do that.”
“Do what?”
“Make me loose myself. I can't think straight when you do that.”
“Maybe i should kiss you more often then.”
“You!”
 
And the rain falls down
Like crystals from the sky
And you watch life go by
And the rain falls down
While tears of your pain
 
Derek chuckled, hugging me around my waist. He kissed the top of my head, and I hummed quietly, placing my head on his chest as he encircled me in his arms. It made me feel safe. I traced small circles on his chest and noticed goosebumps. I smirked.
“Now who's going to get sick?”
“Well I was planning to anyway... I don't want to go to school tomorrow. This gives me the perfect excuse.”
“Oh really? And why would you not want to go to school?”
“It's almost time for finals, Alexis. I'll be out in two weeks, and I want a break.”
“I doubt that's your only reason.”
“I can't hide anything from you, can I?”
“Not when you keep making it so obvious.”
“Alright, alright. I wanted to spend more time with my favorite wolf girl.”
Derek hooked a finger under my chin, made me face him and nuzzled my nose. I giggled.
“That tickles, fox boy.”
“Oh, is my wolf girl ticklish?”
“Uh... no?”
 
Get lost in the rain
You start to smile
Cause it's okay
As the rain falls down
 
I yelped as Derek tickled me, laughing. He kept tickling me and I kept yelping and laughing. I broke out of his arms and ran. He chased after me, easily keeping pace. I twisted away from him every time he tickled me, but it didn't help much. He eventually caught me in his arms again and whirled me around to face him.
“Gotchya, wolf girl.”
“Seems you do, fox boy. What're you going to make me d... d.... d.... ACHOO!”
Derek instantly became worried for me. I sneezed again, coughing.
“Ow... that hurt my chest.”
“I'm making you go inside and take a shower, that's what I'm going to make you do!”
“Aww... but we were having such - ACHOO! - fun...”
“And you're getting sick. In.”
Derek led me in, babying over me like a mother hen. It annoyed me, but it was sweet none the less.
 
And the rain falls
Your name it calls
Above the ground you soar
Caught in pain no more
Wearing your sliver crown
As the rain falls down
 
I made Derek take a shower after me so I could dress without a peeping fox. When he came back in another pair of pajama pants, I threw a shirt at him.
“If I'm sick already,” I muffled another sneeze and coughing fit so I wouldn't wake Siena, “then you will be if you don't get warm.”
“We'd be warmer if we shared the bed.”
“Hentai!”
“Can't blame me for trying.”
“Yes I can!”
“Please?”
“... No funny business, fox.”
Derek practically lit up as he put the shirt on. You might as well have put a 5000 watt light bulb in him. He was that happy about it. I sneezed again, then began coughing. Derek came over next to me and would have picked me up, but I danced away.
“I'll walk fox.”
Derek shrugged. We walked over to the bed. He got in first and I clambered in after him. I snuggled close to him as he pulled the blankets over us. I felt him hold me closer as I drifted off to sleep.
 
And the rain falls down
Like crystals from the sky
And you watch life go by
And the rain falls down
 
I woke to giggles, the smell of a man and roses, and a suppressed coughing fit. My pillow, which I belatedly remembered was Derek, sighed, then began coughing. I heard Siena giggle again.
So who's idea was this? And how'd you get a fever?
'Woke up to get a drink at about one and noticed Alexis was gone. Found her dancing in the rain. I think we stayed out there until about four. All I know is we got back to bed at four thirty.'
How'd you get her to agree to get into bed with you?
'We didn't do anything, Siena! And I just was my adorable, sexy self.'
Just then, I heard footsteps. The pressure of the coughing fit was growing worse, but I ignored it.
 
While tears of your pain
Get lost in the rain
You start to smile
Cause it's okay
As the rain falls down
 
I heard a sigh from a girl.
“You,” it was Komiai, “are one seducing boy, cousin. How'd you managed to get a fever AND get Lexis into bed with you?”
'Deja vu.'
Siena giggled as Derek sighed again, then was attacked with a coughing fit. I knew he winced because he probably thought I was still asleep.
“C'meon, Komiai. I don't want to wake her up.”
Gently, Derek began to move. I grabbed his shirt tightly, not wanting him to leave. I made a soft sound of protest to even make it look convincing. Then, I slowly opened my eyes, and let the pressure break.
I shoved myself away from Derek as my coughing fit burst from me. I sounded like a walrus or a sea lion. And it hurt. Oh man did it hurt! After I was done, I curled up on myself it hurt so bad.
I opened my eyes when I felt someone stroking my hair, murmuring soft words and trying to sooth me. Derek was hovering over me. I looked up at him before latching onto his shirt and hugging him. He wrapped his arms around me.
“That hurt...”
“I know, sweetie.” He said soothingly. “I know.”
 
And the rain falls down
Like crystals from the sky
And we watch life go by
And the rain falls down
 
Derek picked me up and headed out. As we passed Komiai, she looked worriedly at me.
“Chimo, are you going to be alright?”
I nodded, giving her a weak smile.
“I've had worse, Komiai. Don't worry.”
“You've had worse with the same type of injuries you've got now?”
My smile grew into a smirk as we walked out, Lupe following us to the kitchen.
“Okay, maybe not, but you forget that I was running all over town with the injury in my left chest.”
Lupe shrugged.
“Alright. You win.”
 
While tears of our pain
Get lost in the rain
We start to smile
Cause it's okay
 
I smirked even more. Derek then brought my attention back to him as he nuzzled me.
“My little fighter.” He teased. “My wolf girl.”
'Possessive much, Derek?'
“Hey!” Komiai protested. “She's ours too!”
“Yeah.” Neruku said as we walked into the kitchen. “She's all of ours now, boss. Not only yours.”
“Is our cousin hogging Lexis all to himself, Komiai?” Kisai asked, teasing.
“Yeah. You should have seen them when I went to wake them up! Lexis was all snuggled up to him. It was actually kinda cute. She wouldn't let him go either!”
'Now who's possessive, hm, Lexis?'
'I don't know what you're talking about.'
Ri-ight... it was cute watching you sleep though.
“Hey. I don't do cute.” I grumbled.
“Sure you do!” Komiai giggled.
“Yup.” Kisai piped up. “You're cute as a button right now with Derek holding you.”
“Yeah, sure. Whate-e-e ACHOO!”
“Sneezy, sneezy achoo! Someone special is thinking about you.” Komiai said automatically.
“Yeah, and I can just guess who.” Kisai teased.
 
Yeah it's okay
As the rain falls down
 
“Augh.” I groaned. “I hate being sick.”
“Hey, you're the one who decided to go out into the rain. I just followed when I woke up and found you gone!”
“What!?” Kisai growled. “You two were out last night!?”
“I wanted to be in the rain...” I said guiltily. “Derek just followed me... You can put me down now.”
“But I don't want to.”
Derek nuzzled my cheek again and I clambered out, coughing a bit. Derek also coughed.
“Heh. Sounds like you both are staying home today.”
“I stay home every day.” I sighed. “Good think I've got college next year.”
“What!?”
Everyone stared at me. I shrugged.
“You get study a lot when you don't have anything to lose. Don't worry, I've already enrolled at the college here.”
Everyone looked at me funny.
“What else was I supposed to do while you all were at school? Sit there and look pretty?”
Derek chuckled.
“But you do that all the time.”
I glared at him.
“Do not. Hand me the bread, would you?”
Derek handed me the bread, and I popped some in the toaster. I then promptly sat on Derek's lap as Kisai sat on Neruku's.
“Don't you EVER go home?” Komiai sighed to Neruku.
“Yeah, but I don't like to.” Neruku said, grinning.
Komiai rolled here eyes.
“Sheesh. Even Shuiichi doesn't stay here as much as you.”
“Of course not.” Derek said, resting his head on my shoulder.
“His mom would kill him. Not to mention, you haven't been engaged to him since you were four. You just started going out with him.”
We all laughed a little.
 
As the rain falls down
As the rain falls down
As the rain falls down
As the rain falls down...