Fan Fiction ❯ M.A.G.I.C.A.L. ❯ Sleepover (AKA It Begins) ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: YAY! It's chapter 4, and now the real fun begins! It's the big sleepover, and our girls are about to go through some BIG changes. Oh, and we meet Layla, and… well, she's a feisty one, as you'll see.
 
Aira had on a gray t-shirt and jean skirt. She had gained a cold last night, but she still had to go to school. She sighed as she brushed her hair into two pigtails. Then she let out a sigh and went to school
 
Gaea was in the gym before class started, she tried to train on a regular basis, she
had already won a few medals and trophies in a few competitions but her dream was to win the big names comps.
She ran and vaulted over the stand doing a flip and a 360 degrees spin.
'Awesome' she thought 'but I better get to class, I don't really think the teacher would understand if I'm late' She giggled as she grabbed all her things and headed off.
she ran straight down the corridors and ran straight into a girl running around the corner.....
 
Oh, sorry. Didn't see you there." The girl apologized, "Oh, you must be Gaea. I'm Christina."
 
'Finally... I AM BACK!' Isis thought as she ran to her first class with all of her Homework for that class.
 
Aira slammed her heavy backpack onto the table. She was loaded with homework. 3 assignments for Science, 2 for Social Studies, and a packet for Math. This was beyond horrible. But nothing could ruin her day. Because today was the day of the sleepover. And it was the weekend. 5 people were coming over. Six in all. Aira couldn't even believe her mother had let that many people come over. It must be her lucky day...even though it was Friday the Thirteenth. Aira grinned and collapsed on the couch to watch TV.
 
Isis checked her e-mail for the last time before the sleepover, and saw that one of her favorite quiz/stories had another section. 'Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I wonder what happens next!' Isis thought, clicking on the link to 'Starry Night: Skies are Filled With Fire'
 
Aira was getting excited. She had just been eating cereal and watching Case Closed. It was getting really good. She couldn't wait until part 2 of this episode.
It was one hour until her guests would start arriving. She couldn't wait. They would watch movies, eat, tell scary stories, and play Truth or Dare. It was going to be awesome! She grinned as she smelled the Chinese food that her mom was already making.
 
"WHERE IS IT?" Isis screamed, running around her room trying too find her sleepover stuff. "Looking for this sis?" Zach said, holding up the bag Isis packed earlier. "GIVE THAT BACK TO ME YOU LITTLE BRAT!" Isis yelled at her brother. "ZACHERY! GIVE YOUR SISTER HER THINGS BACK! SHE HAS TO LEAVE SOON! AND I AM MAKING PIZZA FOR DINNER!" Mrs. Raveena yelled back. "FINE!!!!" he yelled... Isis grabbed her blanket and Zest, her teddy bear, into her Jeep duffel bag, and her laptop into its case. 'I hope they let me play my songs!
 
Aira looked at her two guests who had already arrived: Isis and Christina. She grinned at them as Isis unpacked her things and laid her sleeping bag out next to Christina's. Now they just had to wait for Gaea, Maylu, and Aaliyah.
 
"Hey Airola! Hey Christina!" Isis said, getting her laptop out. "I have something on here that you two might like!" 'they will be surprised when they hear the flash video! it is my fave so... hehehehe......'
 
Aira raised one eyebrow as Isis opened her laptop. Suddenly the doorbell rang. "One second guys!" Aira said, running to the door. "Oh, hey Aaliyah! What's up?" "Nothing much," Aaliyah grinned, walking through the door. "Here, Isis and Christina are already in my room." She led her through the house to a blue and purple room. Isis had just started the flash video.
 
“IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!" came from the computer. "hehehe..... this is one of my faves!" Isis told Christina, Aira, and Aaliyah.
 
Aira rolled her eyes and giggled. "You are seriously crazy, Tris." She grinned. A little while later, Gaea had come. "Hey," She said. "Good, now all we need is Maylu." Aira smiled, looking at her four friends
 
"want to hear 'Final Fantasy A+?" Isis asked them.
 
Aira giggled and slammed the top of Isis' laptop down. "we had enough of flash videos," Aira grinned as the doorbell rang. "Besides, Maylu is here, and also my mom should be home soon," Aira went to go answer the door.
 
Awwww.... darn." Isis whispered. just then, there was a big blast of thunder, and everyone that was afraid of storms screamed. "I am coming out from under here when the storms are gone...... hmm... let me check the Weather Channel..." Isis said from under the bed, searching on the internet.
 
Aaliyah laughed. "Its just a little thunder storm!" She leaned over the bed and smiled at Isis.
 
"Yeah, but we are in a SEVERE WEATHER WATCH until 10!" Isis yelled, from somewhere near the wall under the bed.
 
Aira giggled but then jumped at the thunderstorm. She let inside Maylu real quick before it started pouring. According to Isis, there was going to be a severe thunderstorm. The six all sit together as her mom came in. "Hi guys. Dinner is almost ready. You can come on in into the kitchen." She said. Everyone, totally hungry, jumped up and ran to the kitchen.
 
Uhh... YOU GUYS? CAN YOU HELP ME HERE? I AM STUCK!" Isis yelled, as soon as everyone else left, and pushed her laptop out too. 'great... just my luck... I get stuck on Friday the 13th.'
 
Oops. Don't worry, I'll help," Christina replied. She grabbed Isis's hand and pulled, freeing her new friend rather easily. (A/N: Remember, Christina's strength is enhanced due to… well, you'll see. ^_^)
 
Aira giggled and the six walked out into the kitchen. Her mom set out the Chinese food and disappeared around the corner. "Mom, where are you going?" She asked. "You'll see." Her mom smiled sneakily. Aira shrugged as the girls dug into the food
 
Mmmmmm.....This is good!" Aaliyah said, after taking a bit of some food. She looked down at her plate and noticed a fortune cookie. She picked it up and crack it open. And read the fortune.

Things are about to change for you.....Aaliyah!

"Eeek!" Aaliyah jumped after seeing her name on the fortune. Everyone looked up and stared at her.
 
Aira gasped as she read the fortune. She put her hand behind her back and sweatdropped. "Maybe my mom made them...special?" She knew it wasn't true though. Everyone switched glances. Suddenly her mom came back into the kitchen...holding something.
 
Mrs. Lawson? What is that?" Isis asked the question that was on everybody's mind. "This, is the Heart of Candracar."
 
Aira grinned embarrassingly and sweatdropped again. "She's not always like this." "And you are the Guardians of the Veil." Aira made a -_-' face as everyone gasped.
 
Guardians of the Veil? What are they?" Isis asked. *basically the same picture shows up that the WITCH girls saw when they got their powers*
 
"At one time the universe lived together in harmony, until evil formed. The Oracle of Candracar, a vast place in the middle of nowhere, created a veil that separated the evil kingdom of Metamoor, from all other worlds, including Earth. But when the millennium comes, holes are torn in the veil, portals between two worlds. Guardians are chosen to close these portals. And this is where you come in. My little Aira, you have been giving the power over the element air." Her mom said. Aira made a little mumble, "I knew it," As she closed her eyes and created a silver aurora around her. She giggled.
 
“You, Isis have the power over energy, and have been chosen as the keeper of the heart of Candracar." Mrs. Lawson said, and Isis held her hands up and pink energy jumped in between them, making Isis giggle too.
 
“You, Christina, control fire," Mrs. Lawson continued. Christina pointed her finger toward an unlit candle, and a light blaze of fire shot from her fingertip, lighting said candle. "Cool!" she giggled.
 
Aaliyah quickly glanced down at the fortune:

Things are about to change for you.....Aaliyah!

Yeah, she thought, I'd say so!

"And you Aaliyah", Mrs. Lawson said. Aaliyah couldn't help smiling when she said her name "control light!" The sun suddenly broke threw the clouds and Aaliyah giggled.
 
Aira's mom turned to Gaea. "And you Gaea, have been given the gift of Earth." Gaea grinned.
 
Just then, the doorbell rang. Aira went to answer it. "Hey Layla. What's up?" "Can I stay here a while?" She asked. "Why?" "Because I told my mom I could stay somewhere but I never found anywhere, so I chose here." "Sure," Aira said. "Come on in." Mrs. Lawson just smiled. "Maylu, you have the power of Water and Layla....you have the power of the Mind." Layla stopped and looked critically.
 
“Hey Layla! you missed the story...." Isis said, brining the Heart out of her hand.
 
Layla looked at the Heart in awe. "Ooooh, a shiny thing!" she said, and then added "Wait, did you say I missed a story? I love stories! Especially Harry Potter! Could you tell it to me PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE?" (A/N: You thought Isis is hyper? That's only around sugar. As I said in the character bios, Layla is almost non-stop hyper! Kinda the comic relief of the story. ^_^)
 
At one time the universe lived together in harmony, until evil formed. The Oracle of Candracar, a vast place in the middle of nowhere, created a veil that separated the evil kingdom of Metamoor, from all other worlds, including Earth. But when the millennium comes, holes are torn in the veil, portals between two worlds. Guardians are chosen to close these portals. And this is where we come in. I have the power over air, Isis over Energy(She's also the keeper of the Heart), Christina over fire, Maylu over water, Gaea over Earth, Aaliyah over light, and apparently you, over the Mind." After saying all of this, Aira was breathless.
 
There be Chapter 4! In our next chapter, the Guardians test out their powers for the first time! And, we get a closer look at Christina's mom, who holds a little secret of her own.