Fan Fiction ❯ M.A.G.I.C.A.L. ❯ The First Practice ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: It's Chapter 5! Yep, I promised ya'll this thing would be updated faster than the last, and here ya go! 4 chapters last night, and now, #5 is up!
 
This time around, M.A.G.I.C.A.L. is officially born, as the girls test out their powers for the first time!
 
DISCLAIMER: Since I forgot it the last two chapters, I might as well put it here. Doesn't really matter, though. STILL don't own W.i.t.c.h. Only things I own here are Christina and her storyline. Aaliyah is property of Taranee from Obsession, and Layla is property of HeartofCandracar, also from Obsession. Oh, and no animals were harmed in the making of this chapter. ^_^
 
Aira woke up and looked over at her five friends. She couldn't believe what her mom told her. Guardians of the Veil? Impossible. Totally impossible. But still, Aira was loving it. She always believed in Magic, and she always wanted powers. And she wasn't going to waste her new powers either--she was going to use them right.
 
Layla went down the stairs for breakfast. The smell of waffles and chocolate pop-tarts filled the air. But she was still pondering the fact that she was...a Veil Guardian? Or something close to that? And apparently, she thought, I have the power of the mind. So, I can control and read minds, right? Yea, that's right. I'm a Mind Veil Guardian. That's kinda catchy! Suddenly she heard a voice. "Layla, are you alright?" Layla had been so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn't notice her mom talking to her. "I-it's okay Mom, I'm fine. Fineity fine!"
 
 
“Don't forget Layla, it's your turn to cook breakfast!" Layla's mom reminded Layla. Stupid chores, Layla thought, they're getting in the way of my existence! And we haven't even unpacked everything yet! Excuse me, Mom, but I have a thing keeping me busy called a LIFE! Then something came up into her mind. DINGDINGDING! Lightbulb! Layla thought with excitement, I'll just use my new Mind Veil Guardian powers to get me out of this! Layla concentrated, trying to enter her mom's brain. Suddenly she felt something bubbling up inside her. She saw an invisible yet clearly there ray of purple sparkles. Layla then saw her mom's thoughts! And now she could control them! "It's Isabell's turn to cook breakfast, not mine!" Layla yelled. Her mom let out a quiet "Yes, master" and it ended. Layla smirked and said "Well, aren't you going to get Isabell to help you with breakfast?" Her mom nodded and left the room to get Layla's little sister. Wow, Layla thought, I'm liking this already!
 
 
Gaea woke up and looked over at Aira, who was sat up, all the others were still asleep
"You thinking about this whole guardian thing too?" she asked Aira
"Yeah, its all a little overwhelming"
"I know, but it explains something that happened to me the other day"
Gaea told Aira about her experience with the moving pavement
"Cool!" exclaimed Aira, "Maybe these powers could be fun"
Gaea and Aira giggled at the thought
 
Suddenly Aira jerked up. M for Maylu, A for Aira, G for Gaea, I for Isis, C for Christina, A for Aaliyah, and L for Layla. It all fit together. Their initials spelled M.A.G.I.C.A.L.!!! Aira hurriedly woke the others up and told them.
 
"I can handle the whole Guardian thing,” said Gaea. "But the fact that out initials spell MAGICAL is just plain weird."
She let out a small giggle, `too weird,' she thought.
 
Aira giggled as Gaea said that. "Well. I think it is cool!" She grinned. “I can't believe that it was us that got these powers!" Isis exclaimed. "Time for breakfast, guys!" Her mom called. The six walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Once the food was set out, her mom said, "So...?" Aira answered, "So....what?" Her mom looked at her and said, "Let me see your powers!" Aira grinned and focused on a piece of bacon. She held out her hands and the bacon began to float right up into the air. "Cool!" Everyone said.
 
nice job Aira" said Gaea "I wanna test my powers out"
Gaea walked over to the window and picked up a plant pot
"Mind if I use this?" she asked
"Go ahead" said Aira and her mum together with a giggle
Gaea held out her hands and concentrated, the buds in the bed of soil grew into large flowers with red petals but they kept growing until the pot cracked and soil spilled over the floor.
"Sorry" Gaea said blushing and scratching her head "Guess I should practice more on my control"
Gaea bent down and picked the boutique (sp?) of flowers up and held them out to Aira's mum
"For you?" she said with a sheepish smile
 
Aira grinned at her mom. "Thanks, Gaea." Her mom winked.
Christina grinned. "Me next." She focused hard on the candle, a small flame lit. "Cool," she whispered, smiling.
"This is so unreal." Aira said with a wide-eyed smile.
 
Yeah..." Isis said, looking exactly like Aira.
“Aira, you have the best sleepovers!" Gaea joked "I've never got magical powers before at sleepovers!”
Heh, I'll take that as a compliment," Aira giggled. "Hey guys, you maybe we can have guardian practice today!" Aira exclaimed. "Yeah, at the vacant lot behind the mall!" Christina grinned. "Good idea," Aira winked,
 
“Okie! Umm... can we watch Digimon first?" Isis said, in anime otaku mode now that she was fully awake.
 
"If she's watching her programs I wanna watch Zoids" Gaea said
Everyone stared at her blankly
"What?"
Aira sweatdropped. "Okay, Tris." She grinned. Isis jumped on the couch to watch Digimon and everyone joined in.
 
"Come on, guys!" Aaliyah said "Who has time to watch TV? I want to go practice!"
 
Awwwwwwwwwwwww! But Gundam is next... then CASE CLOSED.... and INU YASHA...." Tris said, naming shows that Aira likes. (A/N: ^_^. Can you tell how much of an anime fan Tris is.)
 
"On second thought, forget Zoids. I agree with Aaliyah," said Gaea "I wanna bust out some Earth power"
 
X_X was what Isis face looked like... "Fine, but I am going to tape those shows..." Isis said, already programming the TV for recording. "What are we waiting for? lets go!"
 
"Cool! I've got a whole load of ideas bouncing around in my head for what I'm going to try out" Gaea said with a big smile
 
Yeah, me too!" Aaliyah grinned "I can't wait to get out there and see what I can do!"
 
Aira grinned. "Mom, we're going out." "Okay," Her mom grinned. The six walked out. Soon they were at the vacant lot.
 
Layla was watching her Sonic Underground video and had the usual "Manic is hooooottt" expression on her face, when the phone rang. "PHONE! I'LL GET IT!" she shouted in excitement. Obviously, she picked up the phone and answered it. "Hello, who is this?" "Hi, it's Aira" Aira answered back. "Was just wondering if you'd like to come practice magic today." "Oooh, sounds like fun-fun! I'll come over as soon as I can!" Layla replied. The possibilities...
 
Aaliyah was so excided! But, when she ran into the lot, she didn't exactly know what do to. Guardian of Light?, she thought, What does that exactly mean? Do I control light as in the sun? And what good is that going to do at night? And what if our enemies show up wearing sunglasses?
 
Um... So how do we use our powers?" Isis asked, confused.
 
ACK! Sorry I'm late, guys!" Layla said as she ran toward her friends. "I had to eat lunch and we had chicken noodle soup which took a LONG time to eat."
 
its ok... I am trying to figure out how to use the Heart of Candracar....." Isis said.
 
"Um..." Aira looked skeptically. "Just close your eyes and hold out your palm." Isis did so.
 
“Ok, now what?”
 
Maybe you have to say something, like "POWERS, ACTIVATE!" or something." Layla said.
 
Or Guardians Unite maybe." Christina said. "Ohh good idea! GAURDIANS UNITE!" Isis yelled. Suddenly a silver aurora floated around Aira as she crunched up into a ball inside a bubble. Everyone else had a different color aurora float around them, too. The clothes ripped from her body as her wings started to grow and her guardian outfit appeared. She jumped onto the ground as she looked at her transformed self. "Woohoo!" Aira said, flying into the air. "I'm so glad I'm Air!" Aira giggled, soaring through the sky.
“COOL!!!!!!!!!!!" Isis yelled, and transformed everyone else.
 
Layla looked at he new self. "Oh My Gawd! I have wings...AND A PURPLE SHIRT! YAY, PURPLE! Though these tights are a bit tacky..."
 
Can't have everything....." Tris said.
 
Aaliyah looked down, shocked. "OMG!" was the only thing she could say! She's wearing a purple halter-top and a turquoise skirt (like Irma's), blue and green tights and purple boots and....are those wings?! Her hair was the same except for her beads were gone and it was a bit shorter.
 
Well, let's practice!" Aira said, landing.
 
"yeah!" Isis said
 
Well, Aaliyah thought, here goes nothing! She held her hands out and....
Wooooshhh!

A yellow ball of energy or "light" appeared in Aaliyah's hands! She threw it at a brick on the ground and it exploded into a million pieces! Aaliyah gasped. Its true! I really do have powers! She stared in awe.
 
 
Layla spotted a raccoon nearby. I'll control HIS mind, she thought. She concentrated on the raccoon. That weirdo mesh of purple sparkles appeared, and Layla had entered the raccoon's brain. "You will dance like a lunatic!" she commanded the raccoon. Suddenly the raccoon started doing the Macarena! "WHEE! DANCING MAMMALS!" Layla exclaimed.
 
 
Aira looked at the raccoon. That was so cool! She giggled and held up her hands. A silver magic appeared and swirled around the raccoon. While still dancing, the raccoon floated into the air. "WOOHOO! FLYING DANCING MAMMALS!" she yelled
 
Now, it was Tris's turn to get crazy. She used her energy to turn the raccoon pink. "FLYING DANCING PINK MAMMALS!!!!!" Tris yelled, laughing like crazy.
 
Aaliyah fell to the ground laughing at the poor raccoon! She didn't really have anything to do with it, unless she wanted to make it a flying, pink, dancing, and blind, So, she just stood back and laughed!
 
 
Aira decided to give the raccoon a break. She levitated it back to the ground and told Isis to make it its regular color and Layla to make it stop dancing.
 
Gaea placed her hands flat on the ground and concentrated, the floor cracked and 3 giant vines shot out, Gaea waved her arms about and got the vines to follow, she climbed on to one like a tight-rope and balanced expertly.
 
Isis turned the raccoon back to normal, and said "what next? no more teasing animals...."
 
“Yeah, I vote we should leave all poor defenseless animals alone" said Gaea who was holding the vines with her hands and spinning around on them like a gymnastic pole/bar.
she let go and sailed into the air, she once more concentrated on the vines and they inter-twinned with each other and formed a cushion for her to land on. she landed on the vines sat down, like you would a chair
"I'm getting used to this" she said with a smile
 
Wow! My mom will be so proud!" Christina giggled, admiring her new clothes. Then she concentrated on a pile of wood. Within seconds, the wood exploded in a ball of flames. "Coolies!" Christina shouted happily.
 
I've got an idea" said Gaea excitedly. "Lets try out some combos with our powers"
 
Aira grinned. "How about...Water with Air?" She grinned at Maylu. The two stepped up, held hands, and closed their eyes. a blast of water shot out and air circled around it. After 5 seconds, they had a strong water tornado. "COOL!" They both exclaimed, gazing in wonder.
 
Awesome!" Aaliyah yelled over the noise of the water tornado
 
"that is so cool" said Gaea staring
 
Maylu and Aira stopped the tornado. "Now someone else try." Aira said
 
how about Earth and fire?" said Gaea looking at Christina
"Lead on!" said Christina moving over to Gaea
Gaea Concentrated once more and made more vines come up, Christina held out her hands and set the vines ablaze but the flame didn't actually burn the vines just ignited them, Gaea controlled the vines and made them move around the air making trails of fire.
she also twisted the vines making flaming shapes in the air.
 
Aira looked wide-eyed at the scene before her. That was beyond cool. Aira clapped her hands and grinned. "That was awesome!" She exclaimed. Christina and Gaea bowed.
 
"someone else go" said Gaea clapping. "This is getting fun"
 
Ummm..... How about.... Energy and light? I don't know how that would work, but... anything's possible!" Tris said.
 
Tris held out her hands and created a small ball of pink energy, hovering in the middle of the lot in front of her.
"hit it Aaliyah" Tris said
Aaliyah raised her arm above her head and created crackling sparks of energy around her hand, she held her hand straight out and aimed at the pink ball, she fired a lightning-like blast of light energy at the ball, charging it up with electricity.
Tris moved her hands, commanding the electric ball to fly around the air.
"Awesome!" exclaimed Gaea.
 
“Awesome!" Christina squealed. "Now, let's work on our battle attacks, for when we're fighting the forces of evil."
Gaea stepped up once more
"I'll go first" she said excitedly
Gaea clenched her fist and punched the ground, the ground started to crack and ran in a straight line towards the center of the lot, she then concentrated and the crack opened up creating a giant hole in the center of the lot.
"I call that one the Earth-splitter" she said giddily "What do you think guys?"
 
Aira cracked her knuckles. "Me next!" She exclaimed excitedly.
She held her hands out and her eyes turned silver as a silvery wisp of magic flew from her palm and encased the wind. Now with control of the wind, she put it together and spun it around and around until it was a tornado. Bits and pieces of newspaper flew into it and spun around as well.
"I call it the Windy Tornado." She grinned.
 
Cool! Now here comes my Fire Wall!" Christina's eyes turned red, as a ball of fire emerged from her hand. She then shot the ball onto the grassy area. The ball turned into a wall of fire, surrounding the area.

"And now, for my Fire Wall Scorcher move!" Christina concentrated on the wall of fire, making the sides of fire close in on each other. Christina grinned as she looked at her friends' amazed faces.
 
"that's 'pretty' good guys" Gaea said slyly smiling.
 
Aira looked and saw the sun was already starting to set. "Wow, does time fly." She grinned.
"Maybe we should get going." She then added.
 
Yeah, but we gotta put out my fire first," Christina said.

"Leave that to me. WATER WAVE!" Maylu extracted a ball of water that quickly turned into a tsunami, which doused Christina's flame. The tsunami quickly disappeared. Unfortunately it also soaked a few of the guardians
"Now we've got to go to change" Gaea said, dripping.
 
"No problem, guys," Isis said. The Heart burst out of her palm, and the girls were back in their normal clothes, and left unfazed by the water attack
 
"Thanks Tris!" said Gaea, checking her now dry clothes. "that thing doesn't fix my hair does it?" she asked with a grin.
 
"Well, I'll see you guys later!" Aaliyah said as she mounted her bike "I should have been home an hour ago! C`ya!" The beads in her hair started clicking together like crazy as she rode off.
 
"See ya Aaliyah!" shouted Gaea after her, waving
 
Aaliyah waved back and then rode off. My mom is going to kill me! She thought, with a groan. She decided to take the long way home so she could stall as long as possible. I bet she's going to-Huh?! What's that?! Aaliyah skidded to a halt and gasped!
 
"Greetings, Aaliyah."

"Oh, phew! You had me scared there for a second. Hey, aren't you one of those Kandrakar dudes Mrs. Lawson told me about."

"Yes, I am the Oracle. I came to Earth to witness your first practice. And it seems, my council has chosen well when they selected you and your friends as the new Guardians."

This made Aaliyah blush. "Aw, shucks. Well, I gotta get home. Mom's gonna freak when she finds out how long I've been gone."

"Farewell, Aaliyah. And, remember, I shall always be with you and your friends if you need any guidance in your mission." And with that, the Oracle disappeared.

"Wow! I became a Guardian, AND met the Oracle! Man, I love these powers!" Aaliyah thought to herself aloud.
That night:
 
Oh my goody goodness, today was the best day of my life! Layla thought as she walked home. I got wings AND I got to control a rodent's mind! It's good to be me! She arrived at her house, went to her room, and started drawing herself in her awesome new form!
"Hey mom!" Christina yelled, having walked back to her house.

"Hey, where were you?" Christina's mother answered.

"Oh, just following in your legendary footsteps! You are looking at the newest Guardian of fire!" Christina giddily answered.

"Oh my! That's great!" her mom said happily. And with that, Christina proceeded to tell her mom (who just happened to be Will, the original Keeper of the Heart) about her experiences over the past 24 hours.
 
Gaea got home and gave her mum and dad a kiss and hug then ran into her room, She scooped her Hamster up and crashed onto her bed
"I HAD THE GREATEST DAY EVER MIXY." she said excitedly to her little white friend, who just stared at her
Gaea put on a CD and played with Mixy while she thought of all the cool things she was going to try at tomorrows practice.
 
'I think I'll write about this in my diary...' Isis thought.
dear diary,
today I went to a sleepover at Aira's house, and Mrs. Lawson surprised us with something- me and the others being guardians of the veil! I have energy, and I get to keep the Heart Of Kandrakar! Aira controls air, Gaea earth, Maylu water, Christina is fire, Aaliyah gets light, and Layla is mind. What's cool is that when we bout our initials together in an acronym, they spell M.A.G.I.C.A.L.! cool huh? Our practice today was fun... we tried different combos of our powers, and when we first use them, we had a pink, flying, dancing raccoon! and then we had a water tornado, and all sorts of other things. Maylu accomplished getting us all wet when she put Christina's fire out, but it was fun... I dried us all off with the heart. Oh, gotta go! time for bed!
-Isis
 
 
Quite a day for our newly super powered friends, huh? And, the whole Christina/Will thing? Well, that's a very important plot point, as you'll see later today. Chapter 6 will be up in a few minutes. (Yeah, I'm fast. ^_^)