Fan Fiction ❯ M.A.G.I.C.A.L. ❯ More Practice ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Ok, these next couple chapters are gonna be short, not much happening, other than a few practices and stuff. Gaea's gonna get some development here, though. Here we go!
 
DISCLAIMER: You know the drill. W.i.t.c.h. is property of Disney, and the characters here are property of their respective owners (see chapter 1, and chapter 5)
 
Aira rolled over in bed, and opened one sleepy eye. The time was 7:32. Aira lazily got up, picked up the scrunchy that must have come out while she was asleep, and tied her long purple hair into a ponytail.
Then she walked downstairs into the living room and collapsed on the couch. Her pajamas included a bright purple T-shirt that faded out into purple(The shirt is big) and matching purple shorts.
She looked over on the coffee table and saw a new Girls' Life magazine that must have came in the mail yesterday with the four girls from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Movie on it.
She looked behind her at the computer stand where the computer was charging up. She unplugged it and brought it with her to the couch.
She went on her Xanga site and starting typing:
Hey People!

Me again. Sorry I didn't put in an entry yesterday. Things were going crazy, but it was awesome. You people probably wouldn't believe me anyway. So, I will leave it at one thing, do you believe in Magic?

~Airi


She pressed ENTER and closed her laptop. She loved to mess with her friends' minds when they went to her Xanga site. And she always ended with a question. It was kind of a way to tell them what happened but without actually telling them. This way, they might guess that something magical happened, which they probably wouldn't even believe.
But, Aira still asked that question anyway. She smiled as she turned on the TV.
 
Aira was about to fall asleep again when Aira's dog(It's one of those small dogs that stay small forever) jumped on the couch. It was still a puppy and so small it could fit inside a cup. She grinned. "Hello Chibi." (Yes, I changed the name) Aira said, petting her. She cuddled up right next to Aira and closed her eyes. She was a shorthair with blonde fir. She looked just like a mini-sized golden lab.
She slowly got up and stretched. Then she walked into the kitchen to the pour some cereal. She searched for a bowl and her eyes set upon a mug that said "April". April was Aira's sister. She was at college now, and Aira wasn't even sure if April was coming home for the summer.
She sighed as she took out a green bowl and poured Wheat Chex into it. She poured some OJ into an orange cup and sat down to eat. Once she was done, Alexandra had come down to eat.
"Hello Air." She said climbing up on the counter to reach the bowls and the cereal. Aira giggled, remembering that was her 4 years ago.
She put her cup and bowl in the sink and went upstairs to take a shower and get dressed.
 
Gaea opened one sleepy eye and looked at her clock.
She opened her eyes fully and sat up, Mixy, who was curled up in a small ball next to Gaea, rolled down the quilt, Gaea giggled slightly and picked Mixy up
"I'm sorry girl" she said softly
she put Mixy down on the bed then she got dressed.
she ran downstairs and got something to eat.
'Today is gonna rock' she thought to herself with a large smile.
 
Gaea grabbed her bag.
"I'm going out for a while" she shouted to her parents
"ok sweetie" her mum said
"don't be late back" continued her dad
"ok"
Gaea opened the door and put on her roller-blades, she put her shoes in her bag and looked at her watch
'Ill go blading for a while then meet up with the others' she thought to herself
she stood up and took off down the street
 
Aaliyah walked into the kitchen. Her mom was already asleep when she got home last night so, she just went right to bed. "Good Morning" her mom said in her in-a-minute-I'm-going-to-yell-at-you voice. Then she lowered her voice into her in-a-second-I'm-going-to-yell-at-you "Where were you late night?"
"I.....ummmmm...."
"She was feeling sick."
That was her older brother. Nice call, Cody! Aaliayh thought. Cody leaned against the wall. "She wasn't feeling well when she got home from her friends house so, she went straight to bed."
"Oh, well. Are you feeling better honey?" her moms voice changed.
"Yeah, a lot better." I smiled.
"Well, I better get going. Pancakes are over there on the counter. Help yourselves." Her mother said as she left the kitchen.
"So, who's the lucky guy?" Cody said after they heard the fount door slam.
"What?!"
"Admit it, Aalyah! You were on a date last night! Why else would you come home so happy?" Well, I guess it's better than him knowing why I was really out!
"No way! I just went...bowling with a few friends!"
"And would one of those friends happen to be a guy?"
"No!"
"Aaliyah I'm serious."
"Well, so am I!" My older brother is really over protective of me. It's really sweet and all but, sometimes it kind of got on my nerves.
"Ok! Ok! I just wanted to make sure no one was giving my little sis trouble." Trouble? You don't ever know the meaning of trouble when you think about what I'm going to have to face as a guardian!
"Well, I've got to go! C`ya later!"
 
Gaea hurtled full speed down the street, she went back to the lot that they demolished the day before.
"What are we gonna fight that needs us to have this kind of power?" she asked herself worriedly (sp?) "While I'm here I may as well get a little practice in myself"
'And a little fun' she thought with a smirk
She started going forward on her blades, she picked up speed then concentrated on the ground, green energy radiated from here and the concrete lifted up into a ramp, she flew over it and landed on the ground.
"yep" she said to herself quietly, with a smile "I could really get use to this"
 
Aira combined her normal shampoos together and washed her hair. Once it was rinsed, she got out and put on a white fluffy robe.
She then walked into her room and over to her closet. She saw that one of her cats, Tommy, was sleeping on her bed. Her older cat, Whiskers, was looking out the window.
She looked for something to wear. She pulled out a jean skirt and then she went to her dresser to look for a shirt. She decided on a Roxy tank top. After getting dressed, she brushed her hair into two braids. Then she put in her contacts and brushed her teeth. She looked in the mirror at her blue triangle-shaped braces. She grinned and slipped on some khaki sandals. Then she walked downstairs.
Her mom had gotten up by now. Aira grabbed her bright blue duffel bag and slipped her chibi-sized lucky charm into the cell phone holder. "Mom, I'm going to practice," She said, opening the door. "Okay, but bring Chibi with." She said pointing to the small dog. "But what if she runs away?" Aira asked. "Don't worry, you guys can always get her back." Her mom winked and Aira put Chibi's blue leash on and walked outside to her scooter. She picked up Chibi and put her in front of her on the scooter. "Okay, Chibs, hold on tight." She said as she pushed off on the scooter and sped down the street. Chibi whined so Aira picked her up and put her in her duffel bag. Chibi stuck her head out and Aira put the bag in front of her so she could make sure Chibi wouldn't get out. Then she turned the corner and went down to the vacant lot behind the Mall.
 
"Hi Aira!" said Gaea giddily as she saw her friend come around the corner
"Gaea?" said Aira confused "What are you doing here?"
"I thought I'd come and practice by myself for a bit before we all met up." Gaea replied "What about you?"
 
Aira sweatdropped and said, "I wanted to get some flying in," Then she grinned and said, "And I wanted to try and grind that rail." She dropped her scooter and flew into the air. Chibi stuck her head out and looked at her surroundings. Then she whined and clawed to Aira's shirt. Apparently the dog didn't like heights.
Aira grinned and landed on the ground.
"Now for that rail." She smiled slyly as she grabbed her scooter and backed up. Then she pushed foreword, gathered speed and jumped onto the rail. Chibi sat next to Gaea as they watched. She was about to fall off when she closed her eyes and the wind swept her back up. Once she was finished, she jumped off and did a sideways twist with her scooter before she landed. "Awesome," She grinned, taking her helmet off.
 
"Very nice" said Gaea clapping "But check this out"
Gaea got up and got to full speed again on her blades, she once more raised the floor and used it as a ramp but this time she did a 540 degree spin and landed backwards with her arms out and a large smile spread across her face.
 
Just then, Isis came speeding up on her pink skates. "Hey! What's up?" she said, then yawned.
 
Really good." Aira grinned, clapping. "Hey Tris." Aira then said, parking her scooter against the wall. She took a ball out of her duffel bag and threw it. "Fetch!" She said, as her dog took off. She ran down to the end, picked it up, and ran back. Aira petted her and threw it again. "The others should be here soon," She then said, getting up.
 
Aaliyah rode into the lot. "Hey Aaliyah!" Aira said. She giggled. "We could hear your beads like, a mile away!"
Aaliyah smiled.
"You will not believe what happened last night!"
 
"Do tell" said Gaea excitedly "Something good I hope"
 
"Yeah" Isis said, yawning again..
 
Aira grinned and looked at Aaliyah. "Tell Tell Tell!" She said, picking up Skye, who had walked up to her with the ball. She grinned at the dog and put her back in her duffel bag. Then she looked expectantly at Aaliyah.
 
"The suspense is killing us" said Gaea playfully.
 
"That's not fair Aaliyah" cried Gaea stomping her foot and nearly losing her balance because of the roller-blades she still wore. "Whoaa!"
 
Aira gasped and her eyes turned silver and the wind helped Gaea keep balanced. She grinned as Skye laid on her back and started to go to sleep.
Suddenly Christina came up. "Hey guys." She said, smiling. "Sorry I'm late." "No prob." Aira said.
 
"Thanks Aira" Gaea said grinning. "Mental note: don't stomp feet in roller-blades. Hi Christina"
 
After waiting a little while, Maylu and Layla came, too.
"GUARDIANS UNITE!" Isis yelled, bringing out the Heart of Candracar. Everyone was surrounded in an aurora. Aira in silver. She felt the clothes rip from her body just like yesterday and she felt the wings grow on her back and her guardian clothes appear. Her blonde-brown hair swirled up into curled pigtails.
She slowly landed back onto the ground. She grinned. Her six friends landed, too. They were all transformed into turquoise and purple outfits.
 
“I don't think I'll ever get tired of this" Gaea said with a giggle.
 
"Me neither." Aira grinned twisting her head to try and look at her wings.
 
“I wanna try something out" said Gaea excitedly
She held out her hands an concentrated on the ground, green swirls of energy crackled around her and she raise multiple chunks of the ground into the air, all spaced apart and each slightly higher than the last.
Gaea Stepped on the first piece and put her weight on in, it held. she then climbed the rest, like stepping stones or stairs, up to the top piece where she stood triumphantly, high in the air.
"Awesome!" she exclaimed happily.
 
Aira grinned. "Awesome!" She said, grinning. "I would like to try out something, too." Her eyes turned silver as she lifted into the air and wind swirled around her.
She moved her hands, the wind following, and pointed them towards the ground. The wind flew down, making a hole in the ground as it went under, and making a hole out of the other side as it came up. The wind blew up into the air. "I call it the Air Geyser." She grinned.
Skye looked skeptically at the Air Geyser.
 
"Cool" Gaea said from her perch atop the piece of Earth high in the air.
 
 
Aira bowed and picked up Skye as she walked to the side. "What else should we practice? There has to be something else we can do..." Aira said, looking up at the sky.
 
 
"How about....." Gaea shouted still on her little perch in the air, thinking "I've got nothing, anyone else got an idea?"
 
Nothing here either!" Isis said.
 
Aira looked at her watch and went wide-eyed. "I gotta go guys!" She exclaimed, as she transformed into her normal self and picked up Skye. "Talk to you tomorrow at school!" She said, slipping Skye into her duffel bag and getting on her scooter. She rode into the distance and parked her scooter in the garage.
She walked in, and took some of the leftover dinner. Then she walked upstairs and took a shower. She had been dirty from practicing. She got in her pajamas and walked into her room. Once she decided what to wear, she slowly slipped into bed. "G'night Skye." She said as she turned her light off and fell asleep. It was only 8:00, but she was really tired.'
 
Told ya this gonna be short. And, the next one will be short as well. But, I promise, by the end of the day, I've got some HUGE surprises lined up. Chapter 7 will be up very soon.