Fan Fiction ❯ M.A.G.I.C.A.L. ❯ Revelations ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: This is a test of the Emergency Plot Twist System. This is only a test. *Imitates old-school Emergency Broadcast System alert tone* This is a test of the Emergency Plot Twist System. If this were an actual plot twist, the attention signal you just heard would not have been followed by news or instructions. This was only a test.
 
Why am I testing out the Plot Twist alarm? Well, I've got a MAJOR plot twist coming at you this time around! The Guardians meet up at Christina's house for what they think is a normal practice session. But it turns out to be a day of revelations, that will bring one Guardian and her mom closer to each other.
 
DISCLAIMER: Nope, still only own Christina. Oh, and I also own the big surprises planned for this chapter. ^_^
 
DEDICATION: This chapter goes out to Cornelia's#1Fan, who is celebrating his 21st birthday this week! Happy 21st, John!
 
Aira woke up. 7:09 A.M. She jerked up and jumped out of bed. She walked to her closet and took out a blue jean skirt, a pink Tweety Bird shirt, and a gray Carleton College sweatshirt. Once she was dressed, she put her hair back into a ponytail, and slipped on her pink and black converses. Skye sat and looked at her as she got ready. Once she was ready, she packed up her backpack and walked downstairs. She fed Skye her breakfast and then continued to eat her own. It included waffles, sausage, and hot chocolate.
After finishing up, she walked out the door to her garage, took out her scooter, and took off down the street. She saw Gaea riding on her skates. Aira grinned and picked up speed using the wind. By now she had caught up to her Earth friend. "Hey Gaea!" She said, "I wanted to know if you wanted to have Guardian practice tomorrow afternoon!" Gaea just nodded happily as she continued to skate. Aira grinned as the two rode up to Sheffield.
 
"You, Christina, control fire." It had been exactly one week since Christina heard those words from Mrs. Lawson. As she walked down the halls of Sheffield, she approached Aira and Gaea.

"Hey, Christina! We're having Guardian practice tomorrow," Aira said.

"Cool! Hey, you wanna have it over at my place? My mom said it was okay." Christina asked.

"Sure thing," the girls answered.

"Great!" Christina replied. "Well, there's the bell. See ya at lunch!"
 
Gaea waved goodbye to Aira and Christina and walked off to her own class when she stopped and thought
'Her mom said it was ok?' she thought confused 'What does her mom know about the Guardians? I'll have to ask Christina later'
Gaea ran off to her class
 
Aira ran into her house and screamed in happiness. NEXT FRIDAY WAS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!! At first, the band was going to Six Flags only, but now, The Math and Science club was going, too! Which meant Aira could go to Six Flags, one of her favorite places in the world!!! She sank into the couch and made a little "Yes" as she turned on the TV.
 
I'm home mom" Gaea yelled as she walked through the door
"I'm upstairs honey" her mom shouted back
Gaea ran upstairs and found her mum
"I'm getting together with some friends tomorrow, is that ok?"
"sure sweety" her mum said with her usual smile "Did you invite your friends round yet?"
"not yet mum, I'll do it later"
"I still want to meet these new friends of yours you know"
"I know mum"
Gaea went into her room and put on a CD, she logged on to her computer to see if anyone was online.
 
Aaliyah logged on to her computer. She IMed Gaea.

Hey, Gaea! What's up?
Gaea got a message from Aaliyah

Hi Aaliyah, not much really how about you? oh did you know about practice tomorrow, can you make it?

Gaea hit send.
 
Yeah, I'll be there. Aira told me during school. I might be a little late since I have singing practice.
 
that shouldn't be a problem
so have you been trying anything new with your powers lately?
 
I found out the other day that I can control lighting! What about you?
 
I found out I can actually 'feel' the Earth and I can pretty much fly using rocks
 
Cool! Well, I have to get off. My brother wants to use the computer! C`ya tomorrow!
 
bye bye
 
Aaliyah signed off and went to bed. She woke up the next morning bright and early....
 
11:00?!" Aaliyah shrieked! I have to be at singing practice in 10 minutes! She jumped out of bed and ran into her closet. She grabbed a random outfit and got dressed as quickly as she could then ran into the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. After she was done, she ran into the living room. Cody was sitting in the couch watching TV.
"Why didn't you wake me up?!"
Cody shrugged. Aaliyah glared and ran into the kitchen. She grabbed a cookie dough Pop Tart and ran to the front door.
"Forgetting something?" Cody said without even looking over at her.
"Oh," Aaliyah looked down at her bare feet. "Shoes, right." She slipped her feet into a pair of flip-flops and then ran out the door.
 
Gaea woke up the following morning/
'Practice today' she thought with a smile/
she got showered and dressed and went downstairs for breakfast.
'Hopefully mom wont remember she asked me to invite the others round, parents are embarrassing'
"Morning honey" said her mum "Don't forget to ask your friends...."
"Right mom" Gaea cut in.
'No such luck,' she thought with a sigh.
 
Aira got up quickly and ran to her closet. She put on a white-jean skirt and a huge white t-shirt that had a snake on it that said "Put the Squeeze on drugs and violence" and on the bottom it said "I D.A.R.E. You". It was a shirt she got for a thing they did at school called D.A.R.E., an activity program that everyone did to get rid of drugs, alcohol, and violence. Police Officers came to talk to each class about it every week.
Aira quickly ate some cereal and put on Skye's leash. "Good, you remembered to walk Skye." Her mom said, winking. Aira just grinned and ran outside to the park.
 
Aaliyah walked into the studio where her singing classes were. "Hello, Frizz Head! Its about time!" Miss. Martin, her singing couch, said. Aaliyah blushed at her nickname. She got that nickname at her very first concert when she was six.

Six year old Aaliyah stood backstage waiting for her turn to sing. She was wearing a yellow poofy dress and her hair was in two French braids with yellow ribbons tied to the ends. Her hair looked fine when her mom first put it up but, now, it was a frizzy mess! No matter how much hair spray her mom put into it! (A/N: UGH! I hate that! My hair does that, too!) They suddenly called her name. Aaliyah took a deep breath and walked out on stage. The song started and everything was going great until someone in the audience yelled out "Yeah Frizz Head! You got soul!" Then, everything went down hill from there. Aaliyah dropped the mike and ran off of the stage. She blushed like crazy! (Thank God my skin it to dark for it to show!) So, from then on, everyone calls her Frizz Head. She's fine with it now but, she use to get really angry when someone called her that. (A/N: This is a true story, by the way! This actually happened to Taranee (aka Aaliyah.)
 
Aira had let Skye out to run around in the backyard. She knocked on Alex's door. Her 10-year-old sister opened it. "Yeah?" She asked. "Wanna play badminton?" Aira said with an innocent smile. "Um..." Alex looked behind her at her guinea(sp?) pig cage. Then she said, "Sure."
The two walked into the backyard and Alex served. Aira hit it in the air and it flew over the net. The two sisters played a while until Aira looked at her watch. 12:22 P.M.! She had to be at practice by 2 and she still had to do her chores and get ready. Plus, she had to eat lunch. She hurried inside to clean her room.
 
Gaea went back to shell cave, the same place she practiced her powers the other day, she sat on one of the large rocks and looked out over the water, she gave a small sigh at the peaceful scene
"If were not careful" she quietly said to herself "all this could be gone."
She closed her eyes and started to concentrate, she listened to the birds chirping in the sky above her, she heard waves clashing against the rocks she sat at, she felt the gentle breeze on her face.
"I'm gonna take this Guardian gig more seriously, I wont let nature be destroyed."


(A/N: This is a turning point for Gaea, as she's decided to become more serious with things)
 
Gaea looked at her watch and noticed the time
"Oh no!" she said as she jumped down from the rock she was sitting on "I'm gonna be late if I don't get a move on"
Gaea ran full speed over to Christina's house and knocked on the door while panting for breath
 
Oh, hey Gaea!" Christina smiled. "Great, everyone's here! Now, before we get started, I'd like to show you something." Christina's mother arrived. "You're probably wondering why my mom allowed this practice here. Well, we'll show you."

Christina and her mom held hands and concentrated. An image appeared before the Guardians, showing Mrs. Vandom, about the same age as them.

"This is my mom, at your age. And this..." The image switched. The Guardians' expressions turned to surprise and awe when they saw the new image! They were seeing Mrs. Vandom, in an outfit similar to their battle outfits, battling the same evil they were destined to face. "Is my mom, doing what she did best!" Christina said with a smile.

"Whoa! Your mom... was the Keeper of the Heart? COOL!" Isis said. The other Guardians nodded in agreement.
 
"Who was the Earth Guardian?" Gaea asked Christina's mum. (A/N: Dun dun dun… here we go!)
 
The image responded to Gaea's question, projecting an image of a certain blonde (Cornelia, as if you didn't know), using the same powers Gaea now has.

"THAT'S MY MOM!" Gaea gasped.
 
Aira looked at each of the old guardians, and suddenly she saw a brunette in a guardian outfit creating a blast of water.
Suddenly her eyes widened. That was her mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aira screamed and covered her mouth. Everyone looked at her. She sweatdropped.
"Hehe. Um...never mind." She said with a cheesy grin.
 
 
The next image was that of a dark skinned girl, using Christina's current powers.

"WHOA!" It was Aaliyah's mom, Taranee!

Finally, the image projected a young girl in pigtails (Hay Lin, of course), blowing Metamoorian guards away with a big gust of wind!

"Hey! That's MY mom!" Isis said.

"And my godmother!" Aira answered.

"SWEET!" The two squealed together.
 
I guess this would be a good time to tell you guys my mom wanted me to invite you round one day," Gaea said with a shrug. "Guess it wont be as bad as I thought now that I've found this out about my mom"
 
That night…
 
Gaea was sitting on her computer, making out the last of her birthday party invitations, when her mother walked into the room.

"Hey, mom. I already know what you're gonna say, and I've got it all set up."

"Great!" her mom answered.

After sending the last invitation, Gaea and her mom went outside.

"Uh, mom... there's something I thought you should know." Gaea closed her eyes and concentrated, and within seconds, she was in her Guardian form. Her mom's expression was at first surprise, but it turned to a smile, as she saw her daughter in the same style of outfit she once wore.

"So, I see my friend Will told you about me and the former Guardians," Cornelia said. "I was going to tell you earlier, but I didn't think you were ready. Of course, being a Guardian is a big responsibility, as I can relate. But, I know you'll do fine."

"I'll make you proud," Gaea smiled.
 
Aira walked into the kitchen as she fiddled with one of her blonde-brown pigtails. "Hello Mom." She said as she eyed the brunette. Her mom just looked at her funny and continued washing the dishes.

Aira thrust her hands out and her eyes turned silver as a silvery wisp of magic floated over to a dry dish sitting on the side. She levitated it and put it in the cupboard.

Her mom winked as she turned around. "I see you've been practicing." She grinned, standing against the counter. "Yeah. Now if only we had a water guardian in the house to help wash the dishes faster." Aira smirked.

Irma's eyes widened. "Will told you." Was all she said. Aira grinned and nodded.
 
Gaea sat down with her mum
"So does dad know about you..eh..us?"
"Not yet" Cornelia replied with a smirk "Although he always wondered why I wanted to call you Gaea"
"Why did you call me that? what does it mean?"
"It means Goddess of the Earth"
Gaea and Cornelia both smiled.
"So How did you handle becoming a guardian?"
"It took me a while to get my head around it"
"Well I'm fine with it, in fact I'm better then fine with it, I'm gonna keep training and become stronger, I wont let any ugly evil things destroy nature"
Cornelia brushed a strand of Gaea's hair from her face
"A true Goddess." she smiled. "But remember your still just a kid don't ever feel to pressured by it."
"Mom, I'm nearly 16. I can totally handle it."
They both smiled at each other again and gave each other a big hug
"I love you mom"
"I love you too sweety" (A/N: Awww… nothing like a little revelation of your mom's secret past to bring mother and daughter together.)
 
Aaliyah smiled as she walked into her living room. Everyone was sitting on the couch watching TV. As usual.

"Hey Mom!"

"Hi Aaliyah! How was your day?"
"Great!" she sat down next to Taranee. "My friends and I were going threw a few photos of you and your friends when you guys were our age."
"Uh-huh."
"....and you looked great in dreadlocks!"
Taranee's eyes widened and she spit out the Diet Coke she was drinking. "Uhhhhh...Aaliyah can I talk to you for a second?"
"Sure!"
Taranee grabbed Aaliyah by the hand and pulled her into the kitchen.
"Aaliyah! How did you..."
Before her mom could finish, Aaliyah held her hands out and created a small yellow ball.
"Your...your a guardian!"
"Yep! The guardian of Light! 6 of my other friends are guardians, too!"
"So that's why you have been stay out late!"
Aaliyah giggled.
Cody walked in to the kitchen "What did you say about light?"
"Nothing!" Taranee and Aaliyah both yelled at the same time.
"I was just telling Aaliyah that she will be....in the "spot light" during her concert next week!"
Good one, Mom! Aaliyah thought Taranee gave Aaliyah a wink.
 
Aira was doing her Science Homework when suddenly she heard her sister scream. She sighed and slammed her pencil down. She walked to the door and looked in. "What now, Al-." She stopped dead in her tracks. There was a dark figure in the window. Suddenly it disappeared. Aira blinked. Had that really happened?

Alex's eyes were still wide with fear. After looking into them for a while, Aira noticed her eyes were...baby blue?! "Mom!!!" She screamed, running down the stairs.

"What?!" Irma exclaimed, following Aira back up the stairs. "Look!" Aira exclaimed, pointing at Alex's eyes. Irma blinked and rubbed her eyes. Alex now looked confused. In a flash her eyes returned back to their normal hazel color. Irma turned to Aira. "Alex must have powers, but she isn't the chosen one. You have to tell her nothing, repeat NOTHING!" With that, she walked back downstairs.

Aira took a deep breath and went back to doing her homework (A/N: Oooeeeeoooo! Another plot twist! This may become important later, so stay tuned.)
 
Gaea and Cornelia had been talking for well over an hour
"Will you help me practice sometime?" Gaea asked her mum
"I'd like that" Cornelia replied "but you've got to promise me something"
"Anything"
"If you ever get into trouble or have to cross the veil tell me, don't use an astral drop"
"A what?"
"It doesn't matter, just promise me you'll talk to me and not use one"
"I promise"
Gaea gave her mum another hug and Cornelia gave Gaea a kiss on her forehead
 
Gaea stood with her mum at shell cave.
"We always use to come here" Cornelia send reminiscing (sp?)
"I like it here" Gaea said looking around "Its peaceful"
"So what did you want to show me?" asked Cornelia
"This."
Gaea closed her eyes and concentrated then she was in her guardian form, she then demonstrated her powers to her mother the former Earth guardian.
Gaea demonstrated her rock flight and her Earth-Splitter move.
"That was great honey." said Cornelia clapping "You guys will make great guardians"
Gaea smiled at the thought.
 
Aira got home from school, changed into shorts and a gray tank-top, and laid on the couch. She was so excited. She was going to dye her hair blue-black on Thursday. She couldn't wait! "Only two more days," She said remembering today was Tuesday.

"I don't know why you're dyeing your hair," Her mom had said, "People would kill to have honey-colored hair like you." But Aira had just rolled her eyes and giggled. She wanted to look like the former air guardian, Hay Lin. After all, she was an Air Guardian, too. She had knew Hay Lin earlier too. She was her godmother. Aira loved her just as much as her real mother. Actually, she had gotten her name from Hay Lin. She had suggested it to her mom, and her mom used it. They were best friends, after all.

Aira grinned and her eyes turned silver as she swept the remote control into the air toward her. Then she turned on the TV.
 
"Hi mom!" Isis said walking though the door.
"Hello Isis! what did you do over at Christina's house?" her mom asked.
"Oh not much. Just 5 of us following in our mom's footsteps in guardian practice. And me being the keeper of the heart of Kandrakar." Isis told her mom "You were the Guardian of Air, right?"
When Isis said this, Hay Lin gasped. "Your the keeper of the heart of Kandrakar? Who's the new guardian of air?" She questioned.
"Yes, and the new guardian of air is Aria."
"No wonder I chose Aria to be my goddaughter.... hmm... can I see what you can do with your-" Hay Lin started before Zach came running in.
"Her what?" He asked.
"Nothing! Just my.... Volcano for the science fair! Mom? want to go and see how it works?" Isis covered up.
"Sure! Your brother can stay at Irma's house for a while! It would be too messy to see in the house, after all!"
 
All right! Well, that's all I have for now. The next chapter won't be up as quickly as these ones, as we're currently racking our collective brains developing new ideas. But, I promise the process will NOT be as slow as my last effort. So look for chapter 9 ASAP!