Fan Fiction ❯ Masks We Wear ❯ A Date With Disaster ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own The X-Men. If I did, Cyclops would have never married the Red Menace.

Scott had the perfect plan. Here was the cup of French Vanilla coffee, a rose, a box of chocolates, and a beautifully wrapped present. Now if nothing went wrong, he should be able to solve his problem. With that train of thought, he took the tray and headed up the stairs.

Jubilee was the epitome of child-like innocence. She was sprawled out on the bed, with her head under the pillow, cuddling with a fox plushie, with the cd player playing softly. Then the door slowly creaked open.

Scott peered into the room nervously. What he is about to undertake is one of the most dangerous things known to man. Still, he had a huge problem and this was the only way to solve it. Steeling his resolve, and burying his fear, he slowly tip-toed into the room.

Jubilee was having a great dream. She was dancing with one of her favorite singers in the moonlight. She then frowned. Why had it started hailing? Was Stormy trying to ruin her dream. She was starting to get aggitated. Her eyes finally snapped open, and she jerked up with a animalistic growl.

Scott was never so glad that he had bought that bag of marbles at that garage sale he had stopped at last week. "Whoa! Whoa! I come bearing gifts." He whispered fiercely.

Jubilee glared at him, until she noticed that he was offering her some coffee. Deciding it was better to be fully awake before she maimed him, she took it. After she took a few sips, Scott handed her the box of chocolates.

Jubilee was confused over this offer. Maybe he was trying to buy her forgiveness. When Scott decided it was time to give her the final gift, she was finished with her coffee. Inside the box was one of her Dragonriders of Pern books that was missing in her collection.

Jubilee looked over at her clock. "Scott?"

"Yeah Jubilee?"

"Why on earth did you wake me up at 4:30 in the damn morning?"

Scott looked a little nervous. "It's my turn to cook breakfast today."

Jubilee grimaced. "Enough said."