Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror Image ❯ Mirror Image ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Zelda.

Aubrey: Humph. Just because the Link/Sheik Saga is over doesn't mean I'm going to stop writing Zelda slash. Remember y'all, this has nothing to do with any previous stories. Not a sequel, you hear me? Anyway…enjoy!

Mirror Image

"…No…" His face was shadowed by long, blonde bangs, his eyes hidden. "I don't believe you, you lying little bitch." He growled his hands tightening, balling up into fists. "You…filthy, mendacious harlot."

"You don't understand!" The girl begged him to understand. He wouldn't accept this. "I had to do what I did. Ganondorf…he would have killed me if I didn't-"

"Then you should have died." He hissed. Lifting up his head he stared at her with hatred filled, shining blue eyes. "You should have died! You…evil little brat."

"But…if I died then…" She started but stopped immediately as a burning arrow sped past her, barely missing her face and shoulder.

"If you had died, then I wouldn't have to kill you." Was his reply. "Go to Ganondorf! Let Hyrule be destroyed, see if I give a damn." The boy turned to leave, to leave her forever, for he truly didn't care what happened next. The harlot had lied to him, lied about an unforgivable thing. Two pairs of blue eyes met, one pair filled with abhorrence, the other shining with fearful tears. He would never forgive her, he couldn't. "I hope you rot under Din's rays." He spat.

"Wait…" she half whispered. "He…was real, at one point."

"What does this have to do with me?" His voice was cold, hollow. He had lost him. His Sheik… "I don't have eternity, princess." He snarled.

"Use the Time Warp…" She whispered. "Use it to go back in time and claim what I took from you…"

"The Time Warp?" The boy blinked. "But wouldn't that cause a tear in the Time Lineage? It would change history, past and future."

"Maybe history needs to be changed." The girl nodded resolutely. "Maybe it might prevent Ganondorf's rise to power."

The boy nodded hesitantly. He was going to see his Sheik again, the real Sheik! "How far back?"

"Three hundred years." The girl looked like she was going to cry. Did she truly care for him that much. "Three hundred years into the past, just before the Sheikah Massacre. Perhaps, you can even save him. The Sheikah have no thread of Fate, no destined time to die."

The boy nodded again and headed back toward the Pedestal of Time. If all went smoothly, by placing the Master Sword into it should hurl him back to the desired time…if all went well.

"Farewell, princess." He nodded back to her.

"Good luck, Link…" she murmured, staring as the Hero of Time raised the Master Sword high above his head, for the last time, and plunged it back down into the marble mount, vanishing in a bright flash of blue light. "Be safe…"

Link blinked and looked around, Hyrule looked so…different. For one thing, the castle wasn't there. The temple was gone too, as was the village. In fact, Link was standing in the middle of the field, mountains growing up from the flat topography a few miles back. Hm…Lon Lon Ranch hadn't been built yet, so getting a horse was out of the question. Shrugging he set off in the direction that the Kakariko Village would eventually be built in. Gaping in surprise, he entered the much more primitive town. Where buildings were in his time, tents and teepees were established. He was about to venture further into the settlement when someone grasped the back of his tunic, getting him in a strangle hold, a ninja needle placed annoyingly close to his throat.

"And what might we have here?" A strangely accented female voice spoke. "Could it be, an outsider? And what strangely coloured garbs you wear, boy."

"Let me go!" Link ordered, not used to this lack of respect. "I need to talk to the one you call Sheik."

"So it is the Prince you wish to speak with, is it Hylian?" The woman questioned swiftly. "Well then, boy. If it's a meeting with the Prince ye want, it'll be a meeting with the Prince ye get."

"You…you know of the Hylians then?" Link asked. "They've already established a province?"

"Are you new to the kingdom, child?" The Sheikah questioned. "How could this land be Hyrule and have no Hylians? True, they aren't quite as advanced as we magical folk, but they own the land we build upon. State your name, then I'll take you to for tribunal by our Prince Sheik."

"L…Link! My name is Link!" Sheik wouldn't hurt him, he felt sure. Sheik was his destiny. Destiny would not betray him now; after all he'd done for it.

"Very well, Hylian Link, let's get ye to the Prince, shall we?"

Sheik had made his decision. Being a prince was boring. He wanted to train, like the rest of his race. But, no one would dare combat their dear royal family, and he needed a partner. He needed one of unparallel talent with a sword so that he would become the strongest warrior alive. If he could kill the strongest, then he would be the strongest. He had to kill the most skilled, only one man would do: the man of Hylian Legend, the Hero of Time.

"My lord, Prince Sheik!" Blast these incompetent female warriors. "I bring you a Hylian intruder, my prince." The warrior stated.

"Bring him to me." Sheik ordered, monotonously.

The woman obeyed and entered the room, dragging, or closer to being dragged by, a young blonde man. Sheik's eyes widened when he saw the boy, he'd never even heard of such a Hylian. He bared the Hylian hair and eyes, yet he was clothed in Kokiri apparel. There was a flash of a strange emotion in the young man's eye as he broke free, ignoring the small cut from the ninja needle that the woman had had at his throat, and running forward a few paces.

"S…Sheik, is it really you? Have I found you at last?" The young man asked hopefully.

Sheik raised an eyebrow questioningly. "Aye, it is. What be it to you, Hylian?"

Link froze and gazed longingly at Sheik, horrified. No…his mind screamed. By Farore, no! He doesn't remember me… Sheik was giving him an odd look, as though to say that he found the blonde Hylian very much insane. Shaking off the awe he felt by simply being in the young Sheikah's presence he took another step forward, murmuring "I've waited so long…"

"What for?" Sheik questioned him, dryly. "Your people do not live far, you could have come at anytime."

"I couldn't." Link shook his head. "I couldn't come, nor could I have you…" He stopped, mentally slapping himself, and staring into horrified crimson eyes. Poor Sheik had not expected this, he reasoned. It was only natural when I seemingly complete stranger tells you something like this.

"You couldn't…what?" Sheik implored him to repeat, an eyebrow twitching slightly. Great, now he was angry. Perfect, if he didn't think Link was a complete loon, he thought him a pervert now.

"Sheik…can I talk to you alone?"

"If I get my answers." The Sheikah prince replied coldly. "Leave us." He commanded the warrior with a nod.

"Of course, my lord." The warrior nodded. "Be careful, my prince."

Sheik nodded impatiently, waving his hand to usher the woman out. "Yes, yes. No go!" After he was sure that the woman was gone, he turned back to Link. "Now, Hylian. Tell me. What did you mean?"

Link did tell him. He told him every detail from the morning that Navi had woken him to go see the Great Deku Tree, through Zelda sending him back through the Time Warp. "And so I came to see you…" He continued. "I came to see the real you, Sheik. I may not know you, but I know this. I love you, Sheik. I loved you before, and I love you now!"

Sheik was silent for a moment, but then he shook his head and stood, walking over to him. His face was mere inches from Link's, Link could move a just so little and he would capture the kiss he'd sought after for so long. But…he didn't. There was a strange anger in Sheik's gaze that prevented him from doing it. He didn't wish to hurt Sheik by doing something that he didn't want…

"Listen well, Hylian. You don't know me. If I have anything to do with it, you never will. I can't be in a relationship with the likes of you. I couldn't even if I wished to do so! Do you understand?"

Link gave him a dulled, teary gaze. "I…do…"

"Then leave me and my village be." Sheik ordered, coldly. "Ara! Send him to the dungeons." He called. "I want this Hylian dead my morning."

~*END*~