Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror Image ❯ Hazy afternoon enlightenment (Part three) ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Zelda.

Aubrey: Damnit! This is moving along even faster than The Link/Sheik Saga. Mirror Image might also be the last Zelda series I write for a while. I fear I run low on inspiration, m'dears. No fear though, I've got a one shot to satisfy your cravings for my writings *Wink, wink. Hint, hint* anyway, I AM working on another fic for Zelda, but I'm going more for angst than a romance centered setting. I want to finish it before I post it though, and the horrors of writers block have struck swiftly and without mercy on it. So, enjoy the remaining segments of Mirror Image. Hope ya enjoy it.

Hazy Afternoon Enlightenment

(Part Three of Mirror Image)

As the weeks past by, it occurred to Link that he and Sheik had settled into a semi routine. The Sheikah was getting used to his unrequested "bed partner" and Link was getting more and more used to only seeing his love in the early morning, before the prince left, and at late night, when he returned. One tradition that seemed to have almost snuck up on them was every morning, when the sun was just rising and Sheik was getting dressed for the day, Link would look pleadingly at him and whisper four simple, heart filled words. "Can I come with you?" And, in his part, Sheik would meet his gaze with unaffected, cold, indifference and utter one word that broke Link's heat every morning. "No." Sheik would then leave him alone, locked in the room for another day. One thing that Link did have to look forward to was, every day at twelve o'clock sharp, the door to Sheik's room would open and Adrian would come in with a tray of food and company for an hour before he had to return to his post. It was in this very scenario that Link found himself on what he could only assume was a sunny day.

"Link-Hylian!" Adrian called, to the bored looking Hylian. Link had long ago discovered that Adrian was by far the most friendly in the village. "Come with me, the prince has a surprise for you."

"Sheik?" Link blinked and rose from the plush chair he had been sitting in. "What's he want?" In the whole time that Link had been in the ancient Sheikah Village, Sheik had yet to invite him out of these quarters, nor permitted it at all.

"I told you it's a surprise." Adrian winked, hinting. "But, notice that I didn't bring you any food this afternoon." He rambled on and on about clues as to what Sheik might have planned, but Link tuned out to them soon enough.

Now that the Sheikah Captain of the Royal Guard had reminded him of it, he really did want to find out from Sheik himself. It wasn't every day that he was able to tell someone that the prince let him leave his room. When they entered, yet another, corridor Link wondered idly how many this stupid underground castle had. Through the corridor, down another hall, and Adrian pushed open a pair of gold and green double doors to reveal a long table set for…no one. A soft coughing noise brought his attention to a large white Lenin tablecloth, placed in the middle of the floor with enough food to feed the Hylian army, and the Hylian army ate a lot.

"I didn't know what you wanted." Sheik mumbled dismissively, shrugging. "So I brought a bit of all of it."

"…Hadn't noticed…" Link lied, badly. He had discovered long ago when Saria had tried to, and failed to, cook an egg from a loose chicken that had escaped into the Kokiri Forest. He had tried to lie then, to spare his friend's feelings, but had noted that he couldn't lie worth an Octorock seed.

"You are an abysmal liar, Hylian." Sheik stated bluntly. His crimson eyes flickered up to meet Link's confused sapphire orbs. "Sit." He commanded. And Link sat.

"Sheik…what's all this?" Link had never felt inferior to the Sheikah, so he had never had any problem using the prince's first name.

"Do you realize it's been almost two months since you showed up here?" The Sheikah questioned, not meeting Link's gaze. "I have yet to allow you to leave that room, so I decided that now was a good a time as any. Also…I have discovered something about myself."

"Going to tell me what?" Link asked lightly. "Or at least give me a clue?"

Sheik's gaze snapped up and flickered to meet Link's for a moment, but then he coolly broke the eye contact. "That information is disclosed." He replied softly, removing the quark from an unnoticed bottle of red wine, poring two glasses full. Link gave him a slightly hurt look. He had thought Sheik was finally starting to like him, maybe nor love, but at least not hate. Sheik sighed and took a sip of the alcoholic beverage. "Call it afternoon enlightenment." He grumbled, to which Link just shrugged.

"Whatever you want." The Hylian replied, grabbing a diner roll, and biting down into it.

"I'm trying to be nice!" Sheik all but yelled, glaring coldly at Link.

"Well then you're failing, aren't you?" Link replied, finishing his meal and beginning to stand.

"Hylian!" Sheik shouted, grabbing a hold of the back of Link's tunic and whirling the other around. His breath was catching slightly as he lost any sign of obvious control over his body and leaned up, kissing the Hylian before he could realize what he was doing and stop himself.

Link blinked and touched his lips lightly. "That the enlightenment you were talking about?"
He bluntly inquired.

Sheik gazed into Link's eyes and nodded, just the slightest inclination of his head, not even enough to disturb his blonde bangs. "Yes…goddesses, yes…" He murmured, nuzzling down into Link's collarbone. "Take me. Take me, Hylian. I'm yours'."

"Not until you start using my name." Link replied, smiling gently, to which Sheik nodded eagerly.

"Link. Link. Link, oh! I only want to say it more." He murmured breathlessly. Was this how Link had felt when he had met that princess impersonating him? His heart was pounding in the Hylian's presence, he felt sweat breaking out all over his body and his arousal was practically screaming for a release. Hungrily, he pressed his lips against Link's again, wanting nothing more than to be with the blonde Hylian for the rest of eternity. "Link…I love you." He groaned as Link's hands began to wander over his body. "Love you so much…"

Link didn't reply as a slight shiver went down his spine and Sheik continued to kiss wherever he could get to. Crazy teenage hormones. "I love you too but…I can't have you…not yet." He whispered back, his voice husky with pent up desire.

"Why not?" Sheik looked all but terrified at the thought of not being taken by this Link.

"Because I want to make sure than this is really what you want." He replied, gently brushing the hair out of Sheik's eyes. "I shall do anything you wish for, except take your virginity." He continued. "Anything at all…"

"Hold me." Sheik ordered, clinging to Link as though his life were dependant upon keeping contact with the other. "Hold me." He repeated.

Link blinked and gently wrapped his arms around the only slightly shorter boy. "Can I come with you?" He questioned softly.

"Yes…" Sheik murmured. "Yes, come, please come!"

"Anything at all…" Link whispered, kissing the top of Sheik's head. "You need but ask."