Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Protect/Shimei Fusegu ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Set in Modern Japan in 2027, two girls part of a corporation that tracks down criminals using sophisticated technology and sometimes martial arts team together to bring justice to Kyoto. The two have their differences but they overcome them over time when dangerous missions and the truth about both of their pasts brings them closer...

I can't think of the best way to discribe this story but you can read the story and figure it out. I garrantee that it's much better.

WARNING: There is yuri in this fic. It won't play a huge part in this story at first but I plan for it to get more intense later on. You can still enjoy most of this story if that makes you uncomfortable. Other than that, please don't flame me about that.

Disclaimer: This is non-profit and I've in no way takien this idea from any other person or creator. This is my own work, and it's only for my and my readers enjoyment.

Have fun reading!



Mission Protect/Shimei Fusegu

Chapter One

.................................................................




"Where the hell is my new partner, Yoshida? I don't have any particular interest in staying here all day," Mochizuki Akina snapped irritably at her boss, Yoshida Ichiro, who sat at his desk rubbing his temples in annoyance at his employee's impatience.


Sugiyama-san will be arriving here shortly, Mochizuki-kun." The older man smirked at the glare coming from Akina at the use of the "kun" at the end of her name. "I told you that she gets off of her shift anywhere between 4:00 and 5:30PM, you should have more patience. I thought that these missions that you've been on for the past year would have cured you from your appetent dispostion."

Akina rolled her dark blue eyes. "Well it's about to be 5:27 and I really don't have time for this. I need to get back to the apartment to check out the history behind the target in my next mission and I want to met my new partner so we can plan how we're going to do this." The irritable girl drummed her fingers on Yoshida's desk and brushed her dark red hair out of her eyes.


"You told me that Sugiyama, or whatever her name is has an interest in computers?" Akina's boss nodded his head distractedly while shifting papers and files on his cluttered desk. "So she's a computer geek then?"

"I wouldn't put it that way, Mochizuki-kun--" Another glare and the drumming of fingers became louder. "--Sugiyama-san is studying to become a computer major in college and she'll be a valuble asset to you on your missions. She's been trained to hack computers systems and unlock security and she's very good at accessing information on the targets and you'll need to track down or protect. Also she's a very pleasant person as well so you to should get along fine."

Akina scoffed. "As long as she nothing like that bastard you set me up with last time, Mori Renjiro. That man was the exact contradition of his name!* He was the worst sort of hentai if I ever saw one. He's just lucky that I didn't shoot him in his sleep! Always trying to grope me and grab my ass--"

Yoshiday held up a hand to silence the angry teen. "There's no need to go over this story. I've heard it many, many times." A loud buzzer sounded from the speaker on Yoshida's desk. The man moved his papers off of the communicator and lifted the small screen and pressed the flashing red light that indicated that his secretary wanted to speak with him. THe screen lit up showing the face of a young woman with glasses smiling on the small monitor at her desk with piece of paper in her hand.

"Yoshida-san, Sugiyama Toshi is here for her appointment." Yoshida nodded in response. "Please send her in, Kimura-san." Leaning against the desk casually Akina muttered, "It's about time."

The secretary nodded and the screen went blank. A few seconds later the doorknob turned and was pushed open to reveal a teenager who couldn't possibly be out of high school in Akina's opinion. She was shorter than the redhead with blond hair in a ponytail that went down to her waist and wide green eyes. A light tain dusted her skin and she wore a pleasant smile. All and all she was pretty and looked delicate, which annoyed Akina a bit. She didn't really look like she was up to doing missions. She wore a suade coat that stopped halfway past her thighs which were adorned in black dress pants that flared at the ends. The girl carried a leather bag over her shoulder that looked like a laptop protector and a backpack. She looked as if she might topple over under all of the weight that loomed over her; it was an amusing sight to behold.

"I'm sorry that I'm later, Yoshida-san! The meeting ran over a bit!" She shifted her shoulders which were hunched to accomadate the weight on her back. Yoshida smiled at the girl and shook his head, "That's alright, Sugiyama-san, we weren't waiting for that long." Akina snapped her head over to her boss in a look of annoyance and the man pointedly ignored her.

"This is your partner that I told you about before, Mochizuki Akina." Yoshida said gesturing to the taller girl. "She's been working here for about two years but she's been doing missions for just one. You two will be working together." Toshi nodded and smiled warmly at Akina and bowed her head in a polite greeting. "It's nice to meet you, Mochizuki-san."

Akina waved her hand in front of her face and shook her head. "Just call me Akina." Toshi nodded and smiled again. "Can I call you Toshi?" Akina said gazing steadily at her new partner. The blond tilted her head slightly. "Of course."

"Now that that's settled you two will be living together in an impartment in Kyoto; Kameoka, to be eaxact. Your location is known only by your agent group, "Rikka-juushichi" and me of course. You first mission begins tomorrow. The paperwork is with Mochisuki-san I believe," Yoshi said looking over his glasses at the blue-eyed girl, who nodded in return. "The information can be found there."

"Unless you two have anymore questions or concerns our meeting is over." Both girls shook their heads and Yoshida smiled slightly in return. "Then I expect that yu will report here tomorrow for your assignment and then you'll report to the site for futher instructions. I'll see you tomorrow."

Both girls exited the room side-by-side and stepped into an elevator that would take them five floors down to the ground level and the lobby. While the machine went down Toshi turned slightly and gazed up at her new partner.

"I'm looking forward to this mission, I've been wanting to put my skills to the test outside of our training sessions and the stimulation practices. I didn't have all of the correct training that I was supposed t have of course since I'm a minor and all."

Akina turned her head in disbelief to the girl beside her. "What do you mean? Only people eighteen and older can work here. You can be in training for year and work as an apprentice but not actually go on mission."

"I'm a special case," Toshi said brightly. "I skipped a grade at school when I was thirteen and graduated with top honors at school so I was given a scholarship to train here and it will go towards college credit as well. I'm attending online for a year until I get more control of my schedule on mission and with the agency." The doors to the elevator opened and the girls stepped out and began to walk down a long crowded hallway towards the front lobby.

The hallways were crowded due to the fact that the night shift of workers were starting to come in and the day workers were just starting to leave. Akina slid flawlessly between the crowds with ease avoiding getting hit by the people hurrying all about her. Toshi was having a bit of trouble though. With her laptop and large backack in tow, it was a bit hard for the girl to get around all of the people hurrying around her.


Akina waited patiently at the end of the hallway as she saw Toshi making her way over to the other girl. "Here," she said reaching out towards the girl. "Let me take your backpack." Toshi smiled gratefully at Akina and shrugged the heavy bag off of her shoulders and handed it with some difficulty to the other girl who piked it up with ease.

"You know, Toshi, this isn't all that heavy." Akina tossed the bag over her shoulders and walked out of the double doors out onto the busy streets of Kyoto. Toshi blushed in responce and followed Akina out of the building. The streets were busy and loud as people rushed to get inside from the biting cold that was lingered in the freezing November air. Toshi began walking towards her left; the direction of the parking lot. Akina jogged slightly to catch up to the other girl. She reached out to stop the blond who was still walking over to the parking lot.

"The bus stop is over on Monharu Street," the redhead said in confusion. Toshi smiled up at her and shifted her laptop case to her other shoulder and reached into the pocket of her slacks. She pulled out a set of keys. They jingled softly as she shook them.

"I know, but I have a car."

Toshi led the way into the parking lot and walked down the crowded rows until she got to "Guest Parking: Section XIV" and stopped at a black "Akagane"*. She pressed the automatic start button and unlocked the car. Opening the trunk, the blond set her laptop down carefully and motioned to her backpack which hung limply by the strap in Akina's hand. "You can put the bag in here; is something wrong, Akina?"

Said girl was staring in disbelief at the car that the younger woman was gesturing to. It was a Model XB7; first in it's class. Really rare and sleek, sophisticated and high class. Akina looked inside and noticed leather seats and a navigational system and shook her head. She gazed over the exterior noticing the darkened windows and they were labeled as bullet proof.

"Where the hell did you get this?" Akina practically yelled, gesturing wildly at the extravagant vehicle. Toshi tilted her head in question and smiled slightly. "What do you mean? Oh, the car? My uncle and aunt gave it to me. They have four other cars and they liked this one the least. I tried to buy my own car but they said that they didn't want 'their only niece to drive some beat down old junkyard'. I don't really care about how cool it is or anything. As long as it takes from Point A to Point B, it's good enough for me."

Toshi climbed in and motioned for her stunned partner to do the same. "Come on, get in! It's freezing out there and I don't think that leaving the car door open will help it warm up," she said while pulling on her seatbelt. Akina snapped out of her trance and nearly stumbled into the car, sliding awkwardly on the smooth leather interior.

Toshi put the key in the ignition, turned the key twice and changed the gear setting to "Drive" while turning on the headlights and adjusting her mirror for nightvision. The navi-system clicked on and the LCD light blinked, "Good evening, Sugiyama-chan. The current time is 5:57PM and you are currently traveling at 000KM. This vehicle is currently facing Northeast by 10 degrees." The girl reached over to the screen and touched one of the on-screen buttons and a menu came up. She glanced up at Akina who was staring at the navi-system with fascination. "I can store the route to our apartment on here until I know how to get their better. Just tell me where to go."

Akina snapped out of it again and motioned to her right. "Turn right out of the parking lot and go through the next five intersections until you get to the expressway," the girl mumured as she watched Toshi drive. She was pretty good at it, Akina noticed as she turned flawlessly to avoid a rushing driver who was tearing down the road. Rush-hour was bad enough without idiots on the road.

The two young women sat in silence for awhile until Toshi clicked the heater off and reached towards the turning signal. She spared a glance at her older partner before turning onto the exceleration ramp. The car's engine began a gentle and soothing sort of hum as the car's pace rose to around 104.6km/h*. Toshi changed lanes so she was in traffic and checked her blind spots again before asking, "How old are you?"

Akina looked at her younger partner. "I turned nineteen in September." She turned her gaze to her window as the dark colors of the evening flashed by in a blur. "You're seventeen, aren't you?"

"Yes, it's sort of weird working for the agency when I'm underage. I didn't think that I would get to go on missions this soon. I hear that they had shortage in the computers field in our section so I decided to join. It's been exciting so far. I'm a little anxious for tomorrow though." Akina nodded in response and glanced at the other girl again. "The first mission is usually the hardest since you'll get nervous and it is really dangerous. My first assignment was with my old partner Mori Renjiro. He was so rude and acted as if he were superior because he ws a few years older. Anyway, the first mission was touch; we had to break into a building and find these documents that were plots to overthrow the government in Satsuma and another city. We had to get past security and we were outnumbered two to thirty. Headquarters were supposed to send in back-up but the stations that they're placed at just in case of an emergency were gone because of a false alarm. We barely got out alive."

Toshi only nodded in responce; she was obviously concentrating on the road. She glanced up at an exit sign and turned on her signal. Akina nodded. "You just need to turn left at the end of the ramp and then the rest is oretty easy."

As the car traveled down the less busy road many shop and restaurant lights shone brightly in the dark streets. Toshi's stomach rumbled slightly and she glanced at Akina and pointed towards her left. "Do you want to stop to get something to eat?" Akina looked thoughtful for a second before she smiled and motioned down the street aways. "Sure. There's a nice ramen-ya shop right down here...

..........

Toshi and Akina stepped into the cool night air and walked towards a small restaurant. Akina opened the door for Toshi and the shorter girl smiled brightly and thanked her partner before walking in and looking around. The place was moderately full and was full of laughter and wonderful smells. A waitress smiled and gestured to a table for the two to sit at. Both young women removed their shoes and settled down on the plush cusions that rested at either end of their low table. Two cups of tea were placed immediately on the table and both girls thanked their server and proceeded to quietly sipping the drinks. Toshi set her's down and shrugged out of her suade coat and folded it neatly and set it down next to her.

Akina took this time as she shrugged out of her own coat to assess Toshi again. The girl wore a forest green turtleneck sweater and it hugged her torso in neither an offending or rude way. A gold chain with an odd pendent graced her slender neck and settled genly between the swell of her breasts. Two pearl earrings dangled from her ears. Above both jewels was a set of diamond earrings as well. Her blond hair shone softly in the lights overhead and her eyes seemed happy if not a bit tired. She was very pretty and Akina blinked in surprise when the girl's and her eyes met. The redhead turned the slightest pink before looking away.

Akina knew that she couldn't look at Toshi in that manner. The girl was her partner in her missions, not to mention that she was only seventeen, still a child in Akina's opinion, even though their was only two years age difference. The younger woman was attractive and seemed to have a great personality from what she had seen so far and Akina hoped that her sexual preferences wouldn't get in the way of the two getting to know one another.

"So, what are you going to get?" Toshi asked while looking through a small menu. "I think that some wonton ramen* sounds good on a cold night like this." Akina picked up her menu as well and proceded to find something to eat as well. Their waitress had returned to the table to get them another drink if they wished and to take their orders.

"What would you like?"

"I would like some wonton ramen please with pork dumplings," Toshi said while ahnding her menu back to the waitress. "I would like tanmen*, please," Akina finished handing her menu back as well.

The two girls sat in companionable silence for a few moments until their food was placed on their table with another helping of tea and a set of chopsticks as well. Toshi and Akina reached over to pick up a pair of chopsticks and their hands brushed. "Sorry," both girls murmured at the same time. Akina drew her hand away first to let Toshi pick up a set of chopsticks. The blond smiled her thanks and snapped the two slender pieces of wood apart.

The two girls sat quietly munching on their food and the business of the small restaurant began to increase as more and more people got off of work. The laughter of children and the hushed murmurs of adults conversation began to louden the room and Toshi and Akina finished off their meal. The waitress handed them their bill and the two girls thanked her politely and left while paying the bill at the front door.

"That was very nice, Akina. I'm going to store that restaurant in my mind for future visits!" The girl smiled and gazed upwards into the night sky and let out a happy sigh. "It's really nice outside, tonight, despite the cold." Toshi grabbed Akina's arm and dragged her towards her car. "Come on, let's go to the apartment; it's too cold out here and I want to go home." Akina couldn't help but smile at the girl's eagerness to see the place that they would be remaining until the agency decided to relocate them.

The young women hopped into the car and drove the rest of the way back until Akina's directions led to the apartment. Toshi pulled into the parking lot and after getting out the girl's belongings that she had with her the two began to walk towards the tall building. When they got inside Toshi went to the front desk to pick up the rest of her things that had been shipped to the building a few hours before. Akina waited patiently by an elevator and directed Toshi to it after grabbing some of the girl's suitcases which were very heavy.

"What do you have in these things, lead?" Akina grumbled as she dragged a suitcase behind her into the elevator. It was one of the sort that had windows that allowed to see on the outside of the building. It looked more like a fancy hotel than an apartment. The agency were the ones who ran the place and most of the agents that were second or third class worked or lived here and one of their secret bases was located in the basement.

Toshi laughed and hefted her bags on her shoulders. "No, baka, I have my computer equipment and some supplies. This suitcase has my clothes and other things. It's lighter than yours," she chirped with a bright and slightly sly grin. Akina rolled her cobalt eyes and stepped out of the elevator when the doors opened to the fifth floor.

"I'm sure that was an accident," the redhead sneered sarcastically. The girl was a little tooo perky in her opinion and it unnerved her a bit. While Akina wasn't antisociall, she liked to keep to herself a lot instead of talking a lot to other people that she didn't know that well. Toshi seemed to have no problem talking to anyone and she seemed like a people's person. Her personality seemed bright and friendly which was a vast improvement from Rejiro. 'The bastard,' she thought nastily.

Akina stopped at a door labeled: 524. She pulled out a key that had a scanning card on the end that oped the lock as well. Akina perfered the key to the electronic card. It was simpler in her opinion. Electronics and her didn't exactly get along.

The girls lugged Toshi's possessions inside and the smaller girl looked around in awe. they were in a spacious living room with a flat screen television implanted to the wall. Surround-sound speakers were at each corner of the room. A glass coffee table with black and white marble with silver stood in front of a nice sectional, complete with a couch, shay, couch, and recliner. A small table with a lamp sat on the right of the recliner with the television remote and a DVD remote. the room next to it was a kitchen/dining room set with black and white marble for the counter and silver and black appliances. A stove, dishwasher, and microwave al set into the cabinets. The dining room had a glass table and the chairs with it were Western style. The dining room had a nice view of the city below and the river a few miles away along with some of the expressway. A hallway seemed to lead to a set of bath and bedrooms. All and all it was beatiful and incredibly stylish.

"I hate the design of this place, it's so snobby in my opinion, but the agency won't have it's employees living in poverty. There are two bedrooms and one-and-one-half baths. My room is to the right and yours is to the left. I'l put your things in there." Akina opened a door and disappeared inside for a few seconds before Toshi decided to follow her. Her room was done in dark mahogany. THe bed was a queen size with periwinkle quilts and lavender and coblat plaid pillow covers. The room had a dresser and a mirror. A smaller flat screen was situated on the top of her dresser. Akina had set the girl's bags and her suitcase next to the bed.

"There's an office between our room thats you can set up your computer at. I have a computer, but I think it caught a virus." Toshi raised a skeptical eyebrow and Akina shrugged sheepishly. "You can put it in there if you want."

Toshi shok her head and reverently placed the laptop case down on her bed as if it would shatter in milloins of pieces of glass. "I think that I'll keep it in here for awhile until I get my things organized." Toshi turned to look back at the older girl and smiled, whilst glancing at her bedroom clock. 9:08PM flashed brightly on the LCD screen.

"We're going to have to get up early tomorrow morning and leave around eight, so we might want to get to sleep now," Akina said as she followed Toshi's emerald gaze. Akina was surprised that so much time had gone by, it didn't feel like that much.

"Okay. I'll set my alarm for about 6:50AM, how's that?"

"That's fine," Akina said while moving towards Toshi's door. The redhead pulled it open and stepped out and turned to go down to her room.

"Goodnight, Akina," Toshi's soft voice called from her room. Addressed girl paused and glanced over one slender shoulder.

"Goodnight, Toshi."

..............................Mission Protect...1...Mission Protect..............................

I hope that you enjoyed the first chapter. I have the drawings for this too. Maybe one day I'll post them on my website. They're really cool.

I know that it may sound like Toshi is a spoiled brat with the car and everything but she's not. Her past will be revealed later on and why she was living with her aunt and uncle instead of her parents.

* The name Renjiro means along the lines of "clean, upright, and honest".
* I made up the car name along with the design. I've drawn it and it looks really cool!
* 65mph
* ramen with Chinese dumplings
* ramen with vegetables

-kun: An honorific. You would use it if you were talking to someone who was not as high ranked, like a superior speaking to his lesser conterpart. It can also be used as an affectionate term between friends. School boys use it amongst themselves as well since the term is usually used for males anyway.

-san: An honorific. It's equal to the English, "Mr., Ms., or Mrs."

-chan: An honorific. It's an affectionate endearment that means along the lines of "little".

PLEASE LEAVE SOME REVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Korogi-chan