Fan Fiction ❯ My Date with Shion ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Xenosaga…but I do own the game! Go me! XD
 
AN: This was supposed to be something that I did just because I wanted to entertain myself, and I decided, what the hey, I'll post it. Enjoy!
 
Summary: When you go on a date, you don't expect Gnosis, crazy people (coughAlbedocough), running from an angry mob, jumping into a river, etc. to occur…right? All the good stuff comes in later chapters. ^_^
 
================================
 
MyDate with Shion
By SapphireWhiteTigress
 
================================
 
Chapter I
 
Allen nervously paced around the empty cabin on the Elsa. He soon stopped and took a deep breath. “Okay, uh…hey, Shion…I was, uh, wondering if…” He paused and placed a hand behind his head. “Eh, what I mean is…” He sighed, defeated. “Oh, this isn't going to work!”
 
“Having trouble, Allen?”
 
Allen turned around in alarm to find the smiling face of chaos. “C-chaos! What are you doing here?”
 
Chaos moved in a little closer to the Vector employee. “Just checking on you. You seem to be…struggling.”
 
Allen blushed. “Uh, it's nothing. Really! I was just, um--”
 
“--Trying to find a way to ask Shion out?” Chaos gave him that all-knowing smile he seems to wear quite often.
 
Allen sighed. “Am I that obvious?”
 
The white-haired boy laughed. “Only to everyone but Shion.”
 
The older man plopped dejectedly on one of the beds. “What am I doing wrong, chaos? I just…I really like her and I want to ask her out on a date, but I just…don't have the courage. And plus, Shion…she doesn't like me, not like that.” As the sentence came to a close, Allen had buried his head within the palm of his hands.
 
Chaos sat on the bed directly across from Allen's, which happens to be his own. He held that friendly smile still in place. “Don't worry too much about it Allen. And I believe that Shion does have feelings for you.” At this, Allen eyes brighten. Chaos chuckled. “But, don't push her. She's been through a lot.”
 
At this, Allen's face once again fell. “I know. I wish…I wish that I can take away all this for her. She has the right to be happy…and to be with the one she loves.” He whispered that last part, remembering how much she had loved Kevin.
 
Chaos said nothing as he watched the silent man across from him. Chaos knew that Allen needed some time to think and some time to be alone, so he silently stood up and left the cabin to join his crewmates in the restaurant.
 
Allen didn't even notice his friend's departure. He was so lost in his thoughts, thinking of Shion. He needed to be brave around her, like Kevin. He needed to support her, like Kevin. He needed her to love him, like how she loved Kevin. But truth be told, he wasn't Kevin. Nobody could ever take his place and no one could ever feel that hole in Shion's heart ever since Kevin…died. Not even him.
 
“I might as well give up while I'm ahead,” He murmured, supposedly to himself, and he wasn't expecting an answer. That was, until he got one.
 
“Give up on what?” Jr. asked as he stood in the doorway with his arms crossed.
 
Allen, startled, jumped, forgetting momentarily about the bed that was just above his head, hitting his head hard. “Ow!” He grabbed his now throbbing head and groaned in pain. “Jr.?!”
 
Jr. grinned, obviously enjoying seeing the pain flash in Allen's eyes at startling him. “That's my name. So, what are you giving up?”
 
Allen, still rubbing his head, shrugged. “Uh, nothing.”
 
“Didn't sound like nothing,” Jr. scratched the top of his red hair. “Wait, let me guess, this has something to do with Shion, right?”
 
Allen sighed, throwing himself down on his bed, the pain finally subsiding. “Why is it that everyone knows about this?”
 
Jr., still standing in the doorway, smirked. “You aren't exactly keeping your feelings a secret, you know. Everyone knows about it. Except for Shion, of course.”
 
“Same thing chaos said.” He sighed once more, and noticed, that he's been doing that a lot lately.
 
Jr. finally moved from the door and in the same spot chaos sat only moments before. “You wanna know my theory, though?”
 
Allen shrugged, leading his back flat on the bed, and placing an arm over his forehead. “What theory?”
 
“Well, I think that Shion doesn't notice your effort in getting her attention because she doesn't want to notice.” Jr. said.
 
Allen sat up quickly for that one, maybe a little too quickly as he suddenly felt dizzy. “Huh…what?” He shook his head to rid himself of the dizzy spell.
 
Jr. crossed his arms. “You heard me. I think that she's afraid to let anyone in. Especially you.”
 
The older man frowned. “Was that supposed to make me feel better?”
 
Jr.'s grinned return in a second. “Nope, just tellin' how it is. But don't let that stop you. You should ask her out on a small date or something. See, yesterday, I asked MOMO if she would go out to the park with me, and she gleefully accepted! It's not that hard, even for someone like you!”
 
Allen frown deepened. “Thanks.” He replied sarcastically. “And that's because MOMO already likes you.”
 
Jr.'s eyes widen. “What?!”
 
Now it was Allen's turn to grin. “Yeah.”
 
Jr. quickly stood up. “Well, uh, yeah, gotta run!” He raced to the door, only stopping for a second. “And good luck!” And with that, he was gone.
 
Allen stared after him. “Yeah…I'll need it.”
 
Once again, he was left alone to his solitude. Who would've guessed that love could be so…complicated? Well, nothing was ever easy, and that includes the emotion known as love. How did he get himself into this?
 
Ah yes, now he remembered. It was staring into those deep green eyes for the first time when he started to have his infatuation. No, not infatuation, he fell and fell hard.
 
And not before long, another visitor interrupted his thoughts. This one was the cute, little, female Realian known as MOMO. MOMO gently knocked on the door, waiting to be granted permission to enter. After given the permission, she trotted in, carrying a small tray in her hands.
 
“Hi, Allen! I thought you might want something to eat. You weren't at lunch.” MOMO sat the tray down on the bed, next to Allen. Allen smiled in thanks, not really having an appetite.
 
“Thanks, MOMO.” Instantly, MOMO knew something was wrong.
 
“What's wrong?” She asked, worriedly.
 
Allen forced a smile, to ease the girl's fears. “Nothing, just a lot on my mind.”
 
MOMO eyes brighten when realization drawn. “Oh, okay! Wanna talk about it?” She sat down on the same bed the two before her sat on. What was this? Come visit Allen day and learn all about his miserable obsession with his chief? He berated himself, knowing that all they wanted to do was help.
 
“Eh, okay…” But before he could say anything more, MOMO spoke.
 
“It's about Shion, isn't it?”
 
Gosh, what was up with everyone?! He might as well have a sign on him that read `I LIKE SHION AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! HELP ME! I'M MISERABLE!'
 
MOMO giggled at the exasperated expression on the Vector employees face. “Thought so!” She quickly sobered. “Allen, why not just tell her how you feel?”
 
Allen stared at her like she had just sprouted three heads and a tail. He blinked and blinked again. “Huh?” He asked dumbly, like she just asked the most ridiculous question ever known to man, and to him, she probably had.
 
MOMO giggled again. “Tell her how you feel. But first, you should ask her out. It has to be romantic! Every girl likes a romantic guy.”
 
Allen, still at a lost, blinked once more. “Romantic?”
 
MOMO nodded. “Mm-hmm! Have a nice candle-light dinner, give her roses and - and chocolates! And, uh, just be you! I'll even help!”
 
Finally snapping out of it, Allen asked, “You…will?”
 
“Of course! I know just the restaurant, too! It's one of the finest of Second Miltia, or so I heard, that's what Mister Gaignun told me, anyway. But I'm sure it's great! And…and…and…” She stopped, placing a small hand under her chin to think.
 
Allen laughed. “It's okay, MOMO. Thanks though.”
 
MOMO nodded excitedly. “Sure, Allen! I always love to help a friend!” She stood up, gave Allen a quick hug, before leaving the room.
 
After five minutes, and sure that there would be no more distraction, he sat deep in thought. He did plan to ask Shion out…but the tricky part was…how?
 
======================
 
Well, that's it for the first chapter. What'cha thought? Should I continue or stop while I'm ahead? This was my first ever Xenosaga story! I apology if the characters were out of character, but I've only played the game two times (second time, I skipped through most of the scenes). I hope everyone liked it. It's Allen and Shion! (Later on) My favorite Xenosaga couple! XD Erhem…anyway…please review? No flames, please? Thanks! Forgive mistakes, I have excuses!
 
--SapphireWhiteTigress