Fan Fiction ❯ My Date with Shion ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Do I own it? Yeah, and my mother is wife to Bill Gates.
 
Summary: Allen decides to finally ask Shion out…sorta. In a letter, actually. Will she accept? And who's creeping around the Durandal?
 
Author's Note: Here's chapter 2! That didn't take long, now did it? Enjoy!
 
 
My Date with Shion
By SapphireWhiteTigress
 
 
Chapter 2
 
The Durandal
Two days after chapter 1
Noon
 
Allen looked at the girl in front of him and took a deep breath, handing her a letter. The contents in this letter and the answer will change his life forever, either for the better or the worst. He just hoped that for once fate was on his side. He stared the girl straight in the eyes, trying to calm his overreacting nerves.
 
“Okay…you remember the plan, right?” He asked, a little too nervously.
 
MOMO nodded. “Yep! I'll give Shion this letter and…uh, try to reason with her to go out with you!”
 
Allen nodded, but he was having second thoughts. He didn't want Shion to go out with him because he got a 12 (he assumed) year old girl to talk her into it. He wanted Shion to go out with him because she wanted to. But, alas, that was unlikely to happen. Poor Allen.
 
MOMO, seeming to have read his thoughts, giggled. “Don't worry, Allen! I'm sure she'll say yes and love your letter! You wrote that poem, right?”
 
Allen blushed, remembering that he stayed up all night to write Shion a special poem that came from his heart. Now, let me remind you that Allen is no poet, but it doesn't hurt to try something new, right? And rhyming can be such a headache, but he tried his best (which never seems to be good enough) and it came straight from the heart (which no one seems to appreciate anymore). He just prayed that Shion would like the letter and the additional poem. What girl didn't? It was, after all, romantic. Or so he thought.
 
“Yeah…” He said, rubbing the back of his head as he always did when he's nervous about something. He straightened up. “So, when will you give it to her?”
 
“Right now!” And with that said, MOMO ran down the hall and towards Shion's room, not before running pass Ziggy, though.
 
The cyborg glanced at the running MOMO and then back to Allen. He decided not to ask and went on his way to the maintenance room, walking pass Allen.
 
He paused and looked at Allen.
 
Allen was beginning to feel unnerved by the cyborg's creepy gaze. “Uh…” He started, but was cut off when Ziggy started to speak.
 
“Good luck.” He said in his monotonous voice and left, leaving a bewildered Vector employee behind.
 
Allen blinked and blinked again. It finally registered what he was wishing him luck for and his arms fell loose to his sides. He heaved a long sigh. “Even Ziggy…”
 
 
MOMO skipped down the hall that leads to Shion's room, her arms swinging around her as she carried that letter that she was supposed to deliver to Shion. She hummed a soft tune she heard the other day that she really liked.
 
On her way down the hall, she noticed a small creature sprawled out on the ground. She gasped and run to it, kneeling down beside it. “Oh! It's a puppy! What happened to you?” She asked, lifting the creature into her arms. “Wow, it's so…warm and soft. A real puppy? I've never seen a real one before…I though they all were gone…”
 
The creature whimpered in pain.
 
“Oh! You're hurt!” She said, obviously stating the obvious. Thank you, Miss Obvious.
 
“Hey! What did you do?!” A female voice yelled from behind her.
 
MOMO turned around with the puppy in her arms. “Huh? I just found it like this. I don't know what happened to it. Is it yours?” MOMO asked the girl that stood a few feet from her.
 
The girl looked to be about 13. She had long brown hair and deep forest green eyes. She wore regular jeans and a pink tee-shirt with a yellow flower on it. She was glaring angrily at the young Realian.
 
“Yes! She's my puppy, what did you do to her?!” She demanded again.
 
MOMO glanced at the poor pup. “I didn't do anything. I'll take her to the medical wing, if you like.”
 
The girl crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes as she studied MOMO. After a moment, she spoke. “You're a Realian, aren't you?”
 
MOMO hesitantly nodded. “Yes, I'm an Observational Realian. Why do you ask?”
 
The girl shrugged. “You look like one. You're not bad, are you? You didn't hurt my dog, did you? `Cause, if you did…”
 
MOMO quickly interrupted her. “No, no! I'm not bad at all! Realians aren't bad! And I didn't hurt you dog! Why would you think something like that?”
 
The girl continued to glare. “That's none of your business! Just…just take my dog to the medical wing, now!” With a huff, the girl turned around and left.
 
MOMO looked down at the poor creature. “What was that all about…?” She asked quietly, making her way to the medical wing on the Durandal.
 
The letter she was supposed to give to Shion lied forgotten on the floor in the middle of the hallway.
 
 
Durandal
Allen's room
2:05 PM
 
Allen paced the floor of his room. All that was on his mind was the letter, the invitation, and Shion. Did she get the letter? How did she react? Did she accept or did she decline? Did she enjoy the poem, laughed at it, or looked at it in disgust? Oh! So many questions! And no one was here to answer them for him.
 
He sighed deeply and fell down on his bed, staring at the ceiling. MOMO should've been back by now with an answer. It was over two hours since he have sent the little Realian out to give Shion his letter. What could've taken her so long to get back?
 
Maybe Shion wouldn't accept the invitation and MOMO didn't want to upset him? Maybe she was still trying to get Shion to go with him? Or maybe MOMO got sidetracked?
 
He didn't know.
 
Well, sitting here in his room isn't going to solve anything. Maybe he should go to the park area and clear his head. Yeah, that'll be nice. He'll just go to the park for a few minutes to sort things out and maybe he'll run into MOMO on the way.
 
With that thought, he got up and left his room to go to the park area. Maybe he'll run into Shion too…Or maybe not.
 
 
Durandal
Down the hall from Shion's room
 
A shadowy figure crept unseeingly through the halls until it reached the abandon letter that was on the ground. He picked it up and unfolded it, a dark smirk on his face. He read the letter.
 
Dearest Shion,
 
Before you say no, give me a chance, please? There are a few things I would like to tell you. Believe me, I've tried to tell you these things in the past, but every time I got the chance, either one of three things occurred: 1.) Someone interrupts, 2.) We're being attacked, or 3.) You ignore me. Well, I was wondering if you'd like to go to dinner with me later on this evening so I can finally express to you what I'm feeling and what I want to say. It's not easy keeping all this inside and I know that you don't really like the idea of mixing business with pleasure or co-workers dating, but can we be friends, at least this one time? I would really like that. And who knows, maybe you would too! Uh, I'm rambling, sorry. But please, consider meeting with me at the Shooting Star at 6 o'clock tonight. I'll be waiting and I hope to see you there.
 
Love,
Allen
 
PS: I've written a little poem for you. I hope you like it. MOMO said poetry is a good way to express your feelings, so I decided to give it a shot. Here goes…
 
I Just Want to Say - By Allen Ridgley to Shion Uzuki
 
What can I say?
What can I do?
I keep trying to get next to you
But something always goes astray
How do I feel?
Is this all real?
I keep wishing for you to listen to me
Just listen to my plea
Can you really see me?
Am I just a ghost to you?
I'm down on my knee
I want you to see
I want to know what's true
What can I say?
What can I do?
I want you to know
That I really love you
 
The figure stared at the letter in shock and disgust. He knew who it was from and who it was supposed to be for…but this, the contents of this letter, was the last thing he expected. Who knew that…this Allen…could be so sickeningly romantic? Ah, such sentimental bull.
 
He was contemplating rather or not if he should just toss the letter out, but than he got an idea.
 
He got an evil idea.
 
This figure (who is still unnamed, but I'm pretty sure you all know who by now) got an evilly good idea (ah, such a combination).
 
He was going to give Shion this letter (indirectly, of course) and destroy the date!
 
Oh, how evil he was.
 
He silently crept up to Shion's closed door and slipped the letter under it before disappearing into the shadows once more.
 
Oh, it was good to be evil.
 
 
When I got the first chapter out, I haven't played Xenosaga: Episode II, but now since I do have it, and am playing it, I should probably clarify a few things. One, obviously, this is before Xenosaga: Episode II, so no upgraded Elsa (though, it does look totally cool), no…uh, knowing about the past Gaignun, Jr., and Albedo had… (Albedo was…weird…and such a *spoiler here:* crybaby. Lol) And, uh…yeah. As a matter of fact, Xenosaga II probably won't even take place, considering that, well, Shion is still the same towards Poor Allen… (yes, Poor Allen, or sometimes, PA, is his new nickname from me)
 
Other than that, I hoped you enjoy chapter 2! Stick around for chapter 3!
 
Also, I know the letter Allen wrote seemed to be a little…Out of Character, but you gotta admit, when you're writing something, you seem to act the way you want to and not the way you are. (I know I do) It's easier in most ways, too. Anyways, review, please.
 
Oh, yeah, about that poem. At first, I was just gonna have something like: “Roses are red, Violets are blue, I like you a lot, go out with me?” You know, to stick with the humor. But, I think this one is really romantic and I like it better. Took me a while to figure something good out, though. At first, I was gonna have something stupid and corny like: “You are the light that brightens the darkest of nights” and “blah, blah, blah”. Well, until next time!
 
SapphireWhiteTigress