Fan Fiction ❯ My Date with Shion ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Nah, not this time, `cause, if I did…I'd be making an anime out of it by now…and a movie…/insane laughter/
 
Summary: Allen's been given a warning, but what does it mean?
 
Author's Note: This chapter kinda wrote itself, seriously. I had something totally different planned…and this came out instead. Enjoy!
 
 
My Date with Shion
By SapphireWhiteTigress
 
 
Chapter 3
 
Durandal
Park Area
3:30 PM
 
Allen was sitting on one of the benches with each of his arms draped on the back of the seat, his head hanged low. He had his eyes closed, and anyone who saw him would think him to be asleep. But sleep was the furthest thing from this young man's mind. Six o'clock was fast approaching and he still didn't know if Shion would go out with him.
 
Then he remembered that poem. Oh, that poem…what possessed him to write such a thing? Just thinking about it made him embarrassed. What did Shion think?
 
Maybe this whole date thing was a bad idea. Yeah, maybe he should just go to his room and hide under the bed for the rest of eternity. The idea sounded tempting, but Shion has always been telling him to `be a man'. He is a man…he is, after all, in love with his chief. You'll have to be man to fall in love with someone like her. A man, or completely crazy.
 
It was probably the latter.
 
“Yeah,” He spoke out loud, barely audible. “Crazy in love.”
 
“So, its love, is it?” A soft voice spoke from the right of his shoulder.
 
Allen's head snapped up and his eyes opened wide. He looked to his right and saw no one there. He stood and glanced all around him, finding no one again (AN: Hi no one! I'm there!). The whole park was deserted, not even the usual occupants were there today. He never really noticed when everyone left. Seeing no one, he plopped back down on the bench.
 
“Great, now I'm hearing things.” He sighed and placed his head in his hands.
 
“Maybe Allen is…” The voice whispered in his ear. Allen snapped his head around and still nothing met his gaze. “…or maybe Allen isn't.” The voice continued.
 
“Who are you?” He asked, getting a bad feeling about this.
 
“Who am I, indeed? There's so much that young Allen must learn…” It whispered like a gentle wind, brushing against Allen's face.
 
“Learn what?” Allen felt strange talking to someone that wasn't there. “Where…are you?”
 
The voice chuckled. “I am everywhere, yet nowhere.”
 
And Allen hated riddles.
 
“What do you want?”
 
“Allen must protect her.”
 
He blinked. Her? “Who?”
 
The voice chuckled again. “Who indeed? Allen must keep her from the upcoming danger. Allen must become a man.”
 
Allen frowned. “What's that supposed to mean? I am a man!”
 
“Allen isn't a man. He knows no meaning of the word.”
 
Allen crossed his arms. “Why are you talking about me as if I'm not even here?”
 
“Allen sounds frustrated. Anger will surely get him in trouble.”
 
Allen was getting annoyed. Where was this person? Or…was it not a person? “Who…or what are you?” He repeated, putting more demand in it.
 
“I am everything, yet nothing.”
 
Another riddle. Who is this person, really? Allen stared out the window that overlooked the Kukai Foundation.
 
“What do you want from me?” He asked, not taking his eyes away from the landscape below.
 
“She needs Allen. Allen needs her. Allen must protect her.”
 
“Protect who from what?”
 
“Allen must protect her…from herself.” And everything went calm and that was when Allen realized that the voice, whoever it was, was gone.
 
The words replayed again and again in his mind. He has to protect someone from…their self? Who is he supposed to protect? Couldn't Mr. Voice be more specific?
 
Of course not, everyone wants to make life hard for poor Allen. He sighed in aggravation and got up to leave. Maybe he'll figure it out later.
 
On the bright side of things, it brought his mind away from Shion.
 
----
 
Durandal
Shion's Room
3:55 PM
 
Shion Uzuki, chief commander of the First Diversion, and the current obsession of her subordinate, Allen Ridgley, lied in her bed awake. She wasn't tired, not even attempting to take a little cat-nap, as she would usually do. She just allowed her mind to wander about.
 
It was strange. She just recently received a letter from Allen. Never in all her life had she received such a thing. She read it three times before collapsing on her bed. The letter was still attached to her hand, for she hadn't released it since she picked it up an hour ago.
 
It surprised her when she found the letter on the floor of her room when she had entered after visiting some of the people in Sector 26 of the Kukai Foundation. But the contents of that letter surprised and shocked her more.
 
She knew Allen liked her. And she figure if she could push him away and ignore his attempts, he would forget about her and move on. But the thought of Allen leaving her scared her and she doesn't even know why.
 
He wasn't supposed to fall in love with her. She wasn't supposed to fall in love with him. She can't love him.
 
Not because they work together.
 
Not because he whines a lot (only because he fears for her).
 
Not because she doesn't want to.
 
But because everyone she ever loved or cared for died.
 
And she didn't want Allen to suffer the same fate. That's why she always pushed him away, yelled at him, and ignored his discreet proclamation of love. She thought it was, perhaps, a passing stage he was going through. Just a simple crush.
 
A crush. That term sounded so…childish. And come to think of it…would someone who had just a crush, a simple infatuation with you, would willing follow you to the ends of the Universe?
 
Allen would do just that. Even though he tries to talk her out of crazy situations, he would still follow her no matter what. He was either really crazy or really devoted.
 
Maybe a little bit of both.
 
Oh…going back to that letter…It was, in all honesty, the sweetest darn thing she's ever gotten - from anyone.
 
She had no idea that Allen could write poetry…
 
Now, the bigger question is: Should she go or not?
 
Oh, decisions, decision! So many things to decide and do…
 
She lifted the letter up to look at it once more, reading the poem over again.
 
`I want you to know
That I really love you'
 
She sighed and turned over on her side, her back facing the large window in her room.
 
What to do…what to do? She didn't want to say no and hurt Allen anymore she had already. But saying yes could hurt him even more.
 
Maybe she would go…tell him that it wouldn't work out, pretend she didn't feel the same…and everything will be back to normal, right?
 
Keep telling yourself that.
 
----
 
Medical Bay
4:15 PM
 
MOMO watched as the veterinarians bandaged the poor puppy up. She was happy to know that the puppy was going to be okay. She would have to find that girl once the pup was up and about.
 
Who was that girl, anyway? She's never seen her before…maybe someone from the other side of the foundation? Than why would she be here?
 
Oh well, she'll think about it later.
 
But she'll miss the puppy when she is returned home. She even gave her a name.
 
Cupcake. It's cute.
 
She stared longingly at the dog and wished that she could have one, but knew that that was impossible. Especially a real puppy. One, she had no idea what they ate and two, she couldn't with her current life drama.
 
Example being Albedo.
 
But as she looked at the puppy, she couldn't help but feel that she was forgetting something…but what?
 
And than it hit her like a sack of bricks.
 
The letter!
 
----
 
There! Chapter 3's up. Aren't ya happy? I know I am!
 
That figure almost sounds like Ansem off of Kingdom Hearts. “You've come so far, but understand so little.”
 
Oh, yeah, also, I'm afraid that I won't be able to do a KOS-MOS/chaos thing. I fear that I won't be able to portray them as they should be…/sighs/ Sorry. But…I guess I could try…if they find themselves in the story…probably for some random scene or something…anyway, review, please! Thanks to everyone who reviewed already! I LUV YOU GUYS!
 
SapphireWhiteTigress