Fan Fiction ❯ Newcomer ❯ Welcome to Nevermore ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: /Gosh I hate these./ Ok. If I owned Teen Titans, Terra would have never been created and Larry would come back. Also, lawyers would not be chasing me across the U.S.A. Sí? Sí. BTW, this a 100% Teen Titans story even though bending the elements belongs to Avatar: The Last Airbender, which is Nick's. But Kira belongs to me and mind-bending is mí prima. (My cousin's)
/.../= thinking
“...”=yapping
(A/N...)=author's note
__________________________________________________________________ _____________
 
Chapter 4
Newcomer
 
“Hellllo. Are you there? Man, am I in a morgue. Either that or my audience doesn't think I'm funny.” he said as a frown appeared on his face. I couldn't help but laugh at the joke. “Hey you do think I'm funny. One down, four to go.” Beast Boy said with a half smile and rubbing the back of his head. “Four to go?” I asked. “Yeah, I still have to get Robin, Star, Cy, and Raven to laugh at my jokes.” “Hey where is Raven anyway? I need to talk to her.” I asked /I could just use my mind bending and locate her thoughts/ I tried but it seemed that she put up a mental barrier to keep me from reading her mind. “Hellllo, not again. Kira? I said she's on the roof.” He said waving a hand in front of my face. “Huh, oh yeah thanks. Got to go. Bye.” I got up and ran to the roof. “Wait you forgot your… candles?” he yelled after me. I didn't hear him.
 
“Raven!” I yelled as I burst on to the roof. “I need your help.” “I'm meditating.” she growled, annoyed. “That's what I need help with.” I said out of breath from running up all those stair. “What?” she asked in her monotonous voice. “That was the reason I ran out earlier. I was about to burn the kitchen down.” I said annoyed with her seclude personality. “Oh, um sit down.” She said surprised at my sarcasm. I sat cross-legged across from Raven. “Well, um… since your powers are different from mine, my spell won't work, but uh maybe you could-” “I know what to do it's just that I'm trying to keep my emotions in check but I'm failing miserably.” I said interrupting her. “Oh, well sometimes talking to yourself helps. Or telling someone what's bothering you. I can't because I can't show emotions because…um…not really sure how to explain it.” She said confused. So I read her mind.
 
/I could take her to Nevermore./ Raven thought. /No, Happy would probably make her sick./ I decided to scare her. “Why don't you take me Nevermore? Happy won't drive me that crazy.” I saw the look on her face as pure fright. “W-what? How did you know about Nevermore?” She whispered to me. Then her look turned to pure hatred, “Did Beast Boy tell you. He is so dead.” “Wait, Beast Boy didn't tell me. I…I um, read your mind.” “Again, what?” she said. “It's part of my mind bending. It allows me to read and take control of people's minds, and speak telepathy.” Mental blushing strikes again. “Umm… so can we go to Nevermore? I really want to see your other emotions.” “Umm, sure.” She said reluctantly. She floated down the stairs and I followed. As we walked down the corridor that had the bedrooms, a head pop out from a door. “Friends, where are you going and my I join you?” Starfire said. “Nevermore and no.” Raven responded. “Nevermore?” Star asked but Raven just ignored her. We finally reached Raven's room; the hydraulic door slid open and revealed a dark purple aura surrounding a raven shaped bed, a purple desk with a computer, and two large windows hidden by purple curtains. Next to her bead was a night stand the contained three things, a lamp, a white book of great size, and a mirror with a raven head at the top and wing spread to the sides. “When I say go look into the mirror.” A monotonous voice said from my right. “1…2…3!” I looked into the mirror and was sucked into a whirling vortex that made me a bit sick. After what seemed like forever I landed with a `thud' next to Raven in a land that seemed to be in space.
 
“Hi, Welcome to Nevermore!”
 
_________________________________________________________________ _________
 
Come on, you people aren't lazy. R&R