Fan Fiction ❯ Newcomer ❯ Kira's Story ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: /Gosh I hate these./ Ok. If I owned Teen Titans, Terra would have never been created and Larry would come back. Also, lawyers would not be chasing me across the U.S.A. Sí? Sí. BTW, this a 100% Teen Titans story even though bending the elements belongs to Avatar: The Last Airbender which is Nick's. But Kira belongs to me and mind-bending is mí prima. (My cousin's)
At the end is a description of Kira.
 
/.../= thinking
“...”=yapping
(A/N...)=author's note
__________________________________________________________________ ______
 
Chapter 3
Newcomer
 
“Uh, Tada? ...Come on, it wasn't that bad, was it? I know that the pillar of was a little wobbly, but it still stayed standing. And maybe the body covered in flames was too much, but it was the only way that I could show you my fire bending.” Nothing “Come on, say something.” “Wow.” Whispered Starfire. I think it was safe to say that this was the first time since I've been here that Star has been speechless. Then, finally Robin spoke. “Kira, that was amazing. Where did you learn to do that?” “I taught myself.” I whispered “You learned ALL of that by YOURSELF” Beast spat out after hold his breath during the “performance”. “Yeah. Well one person helped me,” I said with tears pricking the back of my eyes. “but it was for there own good… or should I say revenge.”
 
That did it. I blinked and the warm, salty tears streamed down my face against my will. “What's wrong, are you all right?” Beast Boy asked as he walked over looking at me with sympathetic green eyes. “Yes friend, why do you cry the tears of sadness?” Starfire said, her voice filled with concern. “N-nothing important.” I lied. “Hey I'm still hungry, let's order some pizza.” I quickly changed the subject while wiping the tears from my eyes. “I'm on it.” Cyborg yelled half way down the stairs. Star, Robin, and Raven were right behind him. I started to float (A/N: I'll say float because that is the way Kira traveled using air bending. Like levitating almost.) towards the door when a green hand reached for my shoulder and turned me around. “Why were you crying?” Beast Boy demanded. “Nothing important.” I turned around again and started to float to the door again. He called me back over to him. “Something had to be important for you to start crying.” His eyes weren't the same shade of green as they were before. The looked different. /Was it the light? No. Hmm? What was it? *pop He's sad. Why? For me. No not sad. Worried. / I used my mind bending to see what was up in his head. He put a barrier up mentally so I couldn't read his mind. “Tell me what's wrong.” “Okay.” I reluctantly agreed. “Sit down.” I told him. He sat next to me and waited for me to spill.
 
Kira's Story
 
I was only four when it happened. I lived with my mom and dad in Jump City. I had two brothers and a sister. Jacob was my oldest brother. He was 17. Davíd was my twin. He was four when this happened too. My sister Maria was only 2 months old. My family didn't have powers like me. At least not my mom, sister, and brothers. My dad was a mind bender. When I found out about my powers, he said that he would help me practice. Being my father, I listened to him. For years we worked on fire bending, but that was it. In my spare time I worked on air, water, earth, and mind bending. One day, a few years later, my dad came home drunk. My mom yelled at him and they had a huge fight. It was at least 2:00 am. Davíd knocked on my door and asked if I was ok and if he could come in. I said yes to both. At that moment a thought entered my mind /burn the house and your mother to bits. / I knew my dad put it there. I sent the thought no to his mind. He sent the thought to me again. Being stubborn I said no. then, being more powerful than me he used his mind bending to take control of my body. I yelled to my brother to get out of here. I could feel my fist ignite. I keep yelling at him to leave. The last things he said to me before he climb out my window was `I love you'. I felt the tears well up in my eyes as the flames shot through my hand and sat my room and the house on fire. As soon as I regained control of my body, I ran out of my flaming house and I've been living where you found me today.
 
End of Kira's Story
 
“Whoa, that must have filled you with a lot of guilt.” “Ya think.” I said before I started to cry. “It wasn't your fault though” he whispered in my ear. “That's the first time anyone's ever said that to me. Everyone else said that you should have fought back or that `how could you kill your own family?' “That's cold.” He said. I got up, walked over to the railing, and saw a very confused pizza guy. “I'll be right back. I think the pizza guy needs help.” I laughed as the pizza guy was screaming at the sky about why the `bloody' Titans had to live on a `bloody' island in the middle of the `bloody' bay. (He had a bad attitude) “C'mon, lets go get the pizza before he calls us another `bloody' thing.” I told Beast Boy I started to air bend my way towards the pizza guy when Beast Boy put his had on my shoulder and whispered in my ear…again, “No matter what people say, it was never your fault.”
 
I turned around, smiled, and said, “Please don't tell the other Titans. At least not yet. I'll tell them soon.” “Okay.” was his answer.
 
“Anyone order pizza. Hmm, let's see. Un pepperoni, Un quseo, y pizarra de tofu.” I said in Spanish. I handed the cheese pizza to Starfire and Raven, the pepperoni to Cy and Robin, and Beast Boy and I ate the tofu pizza as Cyborg watched in disgust. “How can you guys eat that stuff? It looks…hmm, what word would suit it, NASTY.” Cyborg said his face turning green. “Well we like it. Claro? Claro.” Everyone stared at me because of my sippyness (A/N: My word) I new that if they didn't stop that I would burn the table to a crisp because my emotions control my bending. I got up and ran to my room feeling the fire burn up my arm. /Oh no, I have to calm down./ I yelled at myself mentally. I ran to an empty hallway and started mentally and physically lecture myself.
“Okay, I'm safe. Why did I go all agro? …Oh, no duh. I just told someone the most painful thing that happened to me. I didn't know that thinking about it would make me crazy. Whew, calm down Kira. Man just thinking about it hurts.” I explained to myself while pacing back and forth. I need to meditate. I reached in to my pockets and pulled out four small, circular, white candles. I sat them around me and lit them. I used my fire bending to make each flame rise and fall to the beat of my pulse. All was going well until I heard footsteps coming towards me. I extinguished the flames and hid the candles behind me. “Hey, something is sooo not right with you. What's up?” It was Beast Boy. I didn't say anything. “Helllllo. Are you there? Man, am I in a morgue. Either that or my audience doesn't think I'm funny.” he said as a frown appeared on his face. I couldn't help but laugh at the joke. “Hey you do think I'm funny. One down, four to go.”
 
 
 
Ok, Kira looks like this. Dark black curly hair pulled back in a ponytail. Dark caramel coloured skin. Dark brown eyes. Her uniform is a light blue shirt, black pants, and white tennis shoes with black stripes. She had monkey earrings and a charm bracelet from here brother. She also has a scrunchie on her arm. Black and white cow spots.