Fan Fiction ❯ Not Just a Walk in the Park ❯ Morning Tides ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Another School Day
 
You were walking down the dirt path towards you're Bus Stop. Today you had decided to wear a jacket, a pair of dark jeans, the only dark pair you owned, and of course tennis shoes. Your nails were painted clear with black on the beds. Your hair, a light brownish blonde, was pulled back semi-bun like. For some reason you didn't find the ground interesting; you were looking around. For one of the few times, you see the autumn trees and squirrels running about. You also see the morning sky which was beautiful, but at the same time, sad. You pulled your backpack higher onto your shoulder, it was a one strap. You heard someone laugh, and you turned around quickly but saw no one. Suspicious, you clenched your hands into fists and hurried on.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
When you reached school, you were five minutes late. You hurried over to your locker and smiled, at least someone remembered it was your birthday. It wasn't just one note but your locker was covered with hundred's of notes, you gasped. You looked at one and stopped dead. None of them were b-day notes… they were death notes!! One said, “I liked you a lot, I'm sorry. R.I.P. You were silent for a moment and then tore each and every note off. The locker, empty when you opened it was too bare looking. Devastated, you walked to class still carrying your backpack. You reached for the knob when someone grabbed your wrist tightly in a deathlike grip, almost. You were swung around and you slammed into…a guy. Franklin. You stumbled from the blow but immediately regained floor. You were faced with at least 10 guys, your age, but you knew that they didn't go to this school. Every single one of them looked at you smiling. {Unnerving…ugh}
Franklin stepped back up to you and said, “Hey ____! Long time no talk! Are you okay? We heard you had some accident…All well, you're okay it seems. However, that's not a good enough excuse. You missed our little meeting. You're in huge trouble and you'll have to make up for what you missed. He slammed you against a locker that made a terrible noise as your body hit it. He got down next to you and whispered, “We'll get this over with after school, no where to run now. Franklin turned around and walked off.
You put your head in your hands and cried. You hadn't been like that two minutes and suddenly, a guy named Zach walked out of class, probably to get something. He saw you and hurriedly walked over to you. “____! Are you alright? He asked sitting down next to you. He touched your arm, which was red from Franklin's mechanical grip. You pulled away quickly, which you immediately regretted. You looked into his eyes and saw concern and fear. He must've seen the same thing in your eyes because he drew you into a tight hug. You let out a moan and he pulled back, bewildered. He pushed the sleeve back further and let out a cry. It was covered in bruises. You pulled away from him and pulled the sleeve back down. You got up and weakly smiled down to him. Then you walked to your classroom, leaving him to stare behind you, thoroughly shocked.
When you walked in everyone stared at you and began apologizing for the notes, but before anyone could really talk to you, the bell rang for first period and you hurried out the door. You walked out and stopped, Zach, Mark, Cole, and Will were looking at you. And they kept whispering back and forth until they all went back to their classes looking back at her every now and then. Zach and Cole followed you in because you had there next class with them. In fact, you had every class with them. You sat down in your chair and they sat in theirs and class, geography, begun.