Fan Fiction ❯ Objective Legend: The Unknown ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The moment Axel and them were done on stage, they took their seats again. But when they got to the table, Danie was already at the side of the stage next to the piano. This sudden change confused Axel entirely. As Danie sat down on the seat, her mind went through the song that she wanted to play, going over every note to make sure that she wouldn't miss one. She wanted to do something funny that would make the group laugh, and Cid go crazy. But she realized her dilemma, it was a duet. Danie thought for a moment on who could possibly know the lower part.
Axel noticed that something was bothering her and decided to go up to her. Upon sitting down next to her, Danie just thought of someone. Sadly, it was Axel. Luckily for her, he was sitting right there at the lower part. “Hey, Danie, what's up?” he asked.
“Axel, do you know how to play a few songs from the Final Fantasy VII game?” Danie asked back.
“Yeeah, why?”
“Do you know the ceremony song for you-know-who?” Danie gave another question and with it she gave a wink. Axel caught it and immediately knew what she meant and wanted to do.
“Actually I do…the duet part on which clef?”
“Bass.”
“Works for me, but can we wait until…”
“That's what I have planned. When they all get in here,” Danie whispered with a smile on her face. “Till then thought we could do a different one…like…”
One-winged Angel, “ Axel interrupted. Danie gave a nod in response. “It's not like they are going to know anyways.”
“Mmm, okay.”
Axel began on his part, occasionally having Danie do her's along with him. Back at the group, however, Kai easily recognized it, along with the others except for Vincent and Yuffie. He began to laugh quietly to himself, without the others noticing; he kind of caught on to what Danie was planning. Vincent and Yuffie listened to the song and both enjoyed its eeriness.
Yet about half way through was when Cid and the others entered the room. Cloud and Cid sat with Vincent, Yuffie soon joining them, while the others went to their own separate table. It wasn't long, however, until the song was over. Soon enough with a grin on her face, Danie began another song, followed by Axel. The song they played was from a ceremonial part in the game Final Fantasy VII with Rufus Shinra, and the two teens wanted to see how long it would take for Cloud and them to realize what the song was. It didn't take long for Cid, as Danie noticed, because he kept glancing at the two on the piano. All the teens began to laugh out loud, because they, too, knew where it came from.
After awhile, Cid lost it. “Stop playing that fucking song!” he screamed. “I absolutely hate that god damn ShinRa President!” And that's when it kicked into the others on why it sounded so familiar to them.
“Wow, that didn't take long,” Axel replied as the song finished. He grinned while he and Danie went back to the table at which their friends sat at, whom were calming down from all the laughter.
 
As time passed, the group of teens had nothing better to do, and eventually made their ways back to their rooms. Danie shut her door upon coming in and flopped onto her bed, looking up at the ceiling. She began to think about why she and the others were here, and pretty soon those thoughts brought her to sleep.
--
Axel!” Danie screamed at the top of her lungs. She was running all around the ShinRa building, with no signs of Axel, or anyone, anywhere. But Danie knew that he was there- somewhere. Never had she felt this way before with anyone in her life then her two close friends, Litta and Rin, and she was very surprised. She knew with this entire loud running and yelling would get attention. But none of that mattered to her at the moment. She, and a few others, were taken by one of the Turks earlier and now Danie finds herself running frantically up and down halls looking for any of her friends. She was scarred and worried beyond belief at this point. One door after another, one level after another, Danie began to lose focus in her mind and began doubting everything that her mind could think of. “Why did all of this happen?” she mumbled to herself as she gave up and just collapsed on her knees in the middle of a hall. She clutched her stomach as if she was in pain, a great deal of pain, yet she felt none. She was defenseless, the Turks took every weapon she owned, and if they found out that she escaped, she would be doomed. “Why did they have to get involved?!” Danie mumbled once again, though a bit louder. “Damn it, Ansem. You just had to, didn't you!” Quickly, she got up and took off running once again. Her mind was set on three people at the moment, and only three. At most she wanted them out alive if she couldn't. Taking a chance, Danie slammed open a random door. No one was in there. As she looked around, she noticed something- she was in the storage room for all the weapons that were taken. She took a gun that was fully loaded and bolted out the door. Eventually, the running had lead Danie up to the very top floor- Rufus Shinra's office. She stopped dead cold once she realized where she was. A man sat in the chair in front of her, behind a desk that stood in the middle of the room. A sly grin came across his face. Not trusting the grin, Danie immediately drew her gun and aimed it at him. The man came into a clearer view, and once he did, Danie recognized him, Sephiroth. The hair, the piercing eyes, everything she saw on him could fit no other name then that of the psychopath, murderous man. Just then another figure appeared standing behind him- Ansem. With the gun well aimed, Danie called out “What have you done with all of them?!” “What do you mean by all of them?” was her response from Ansem. “Shinra, the Turks, MY FRIENDS, Axel, who else?!” she replied frightened. “Since when have you cared for them, especially Shinra?” Sephiroth asked with a wicked smile. Danie could only bite at those words, but instead she answered, “I don't! I just want to know where they are! Especially my friends! In which I care a great deal about!” The only response she was given was laughter from both men. Fed up with it all, Danie pulled the trigger but to her disappointment, Sephiroth used magic to block it. She knew that there was no way to kill him, especially with a puny weapon like the one she held. “What have they done for you that makes you want to die for them?” Sephiroth asked, “Especially the Axel one.” That remark blew Danie's mind. Why did he ask that? They were her friends and she wouldn't allow them to be killed. However, she didn't answer that question. With a snap of his fingers, Ansem teleported Axel from where he was to the same room Danie was in, yet still held back by Ansem's power. Anger could be seen from Axel's eyes, he wanted to kill Sephiroth and Ansem so badly. But once his eyes landed on Danie, his attitude changed quickly. “Danie! Get out of here!” he yelled to her. Danie tried, but couldn't move. She found herself among one of Sephiroth's spells in which she couldn't move at all. Smiling greatly, Sephiroth rose from his seat and made his way in front of Danie a good few feet. Danie's eyes widen, as well as Axel's, once they laid on Sephiroth's long blade that he gripped well. The tip was aimed just below Danie's stomach, the point actually touching her skin. Within seconds Danie could feel her body coming to, but before she could move the blade was thrusted through her. As Sephiroth slowly pulled it out, Danie doubled down into immense pain. Axel was then able to reach her as she feel to the ground, hands on her wound to try and keep the blood from leaving her body. He held her tightly. “Danie…” he mumbled softly with his head bent over Danie's…
--
Danie woke up after that by the sound of the intercom's buzz. As she sat up, Cid's voice was heard through the intercom:
“All those kids get their asses up here now. Up in the ship's control room! Now!”
Danie heard it, but also kind of ignored the message. Her thoughts on the dream she just had filled her mind and blocked out the message from Cid. Yet the knock on her door brought her back to her senses. Not even asking who it was, Danie replied, “I'm coming, give me a sec.”
“Can I at least come in for a minute before you leave?” called back another voice. It took Danie a minute to recognize the sound of the voice- Kai.
“Yeah, sure. Go on ahead,” she answered politely. After the answer, Kai appeared as the door opened. He stood by the door as he examined Danie, as if she was going to be proven guilty.
“Were you sleeping?” he asked. Danie only nodded. “Well, anyways…I have a question.”
“What would that be exactly?”
“I was just wondering what happened that made you so weird lately. I mean you've been in your own little worlds and it's been bothering me to no end. It doesn't have to do with Axel does it, because it started after you met him.”
“NO!….no it doesn't! It's just stuff on my mind that's all.”
“Like what?”
“Nothing big, really.”
“Nothing big, huh? Something is bothering you.”
“No, nothing is.”
Just then, Cid interrupted their talk over the intercom: DanieKai…Get your asses up here now! This is important for you little shits and you two are the only ones that are not in here!” Both Kai and Danie let out small laughs to themselves and bolted out the door, knowing the attitude they might get if they stayed there a second longer.
 
Every teen was in the control room, along with Cid, Cloud, Squall, and Vincent. They each stood near the center of the room. It wasn't long, though, until Vincent began to talk to everyone. “The reason that you all are in here is because we have found evidence of three others from your world. In which you possibly know. The evidence comes from a town, which we have recently landed by, called Nibelheim. This is Cloud's hometown and a place where I have stayed before. We are sending you kids out to find where these kids are and bring them back with us. Also I will be partnering up each one of you, so you will go in pairs on this search.” The teens made no answer back, so Vincent began to pair each one with someone and lead them out of the ship.
As they got outside, the teens, and Cloud, formed a small circle. Cloud was the first to speak, “Okay, me and Athrin will check out the city surroundings. Kai…you and Felix go out and check the village area. Axel and Danie, you two head into the Shinra Mansion and check off from that direction, heading north. We will all meet here within two hours. So meet back here. Got it?” Everyone nodded in an understanding way. “Good,” he finished and with that they all departed from there.
For the first fifteen minutes, it remained quiet between Danie and Axel. They keep to themselves until they reached the door of the mansion known as the “Shinra Mansion.” Axel slowly pushed the door open, which opened with a loud, long creek. Danie was the first to enter, and when Axel stepped in, the door suddenly slammed closed. “That's didn't sound good,” Danie mumbled to herself, crossing her arms as she began to explore the very first room on the left. Axel thought to himself. Soon enough his mind thought of something and he gently started to drag Danie toward the second floor. “I think I might know where they are…if they are in here,” Axel stated, once they reached the second floor.
“Don't tell me…” Danie started, knowing where he might be talking about. Axel nodded in response and moved to the right where another room was. Danie followed him, watching her step carefully. They both made their way to the back, where Danie pulled something to activate a hidden door. As the door slid open, the two teens inched their way down the spiral steps. On the way down, Danie caught her foot on the edge of a step and fell forward. Drawing his attention quickly, Axel swung around and caught her, but to his disappointment, he tumbled down as well.
They landed at the bottom of the stairs in an awkward position and Axel quickly pushed back, off of the girl, while Danie stood up, keeping their silence. Both teens continued on and soon came to a large brown colored door. Danie ran her hand along the edge until it reached the handle, in which she began to pull. Unfortunately, she couldn't do it with her strength alone. Axel, as well, grabbed the handle and helped Danie the second time around. After a few yanks back, the door opened, slowly, an inch. They tried again until about the sixth pull, which swung open the door with a tremendous force. Causing Danie to fly back and Axel in the opposite direction.
Danie got up quickly and walked in. She saw no signs of anyone, but still, she wanted to check and make sure. Axel followed shortly after, closing the door. But as he did so, three other kids about their age jumped out screaming, “NO! DON'T SHUT THAT DOOR!” However, it was too late. Axel had already shut the door. Both Danie and Axel had jumped when those three kids screamed. “You idiot! You just let the door close! It's locked from the inside!” the oldest looking one yelled. Axel immediately tried the door, but, as the kid said, it was locked. He then kicked the door with a loud “Fuck!” Danie only shook her head in disappointment from his actions. She looked at the three kids that have been obviously locked in this room for a while. One sat in the very back, female, and kept to herself, seeming to be whispering something to herself. The other two stood by each other, both male, and just glared at both Axel and Danie as if they were the two that caused a murder scene.
The one that had just recently spoke, the oldest looking one, looked like a ninja, only without the special ninja suit. He held, what looked like, a four-bladed shuriken- something at which Yuffie would probably use. He wore long, semi-baggy, dark green pants and a simple black T-shirt. His hair was short, reaching about to his ears, in a light brown color. And from the light given in the room, the kid's eyes looked like a red-ish color. Another boy, about a year older than Danie maybe, stood next to him. His clothing was semi-familiar to Danie. He wore decent tan-colored pants with a blue shirt and a darker tan color for a trench coat that reached past his knees. His hair was shorter than the older looking one in a blonde color and his eyes were a greenish blue. In his hands held a rifle that looked like it was loaded.
However, the girl in the back remained in the back, only glaring at the two new comers. She looked about a year older then Danie, as well. Her eyes at the moment were a piercing blue, but in Danie's mind, she thought it was that way because of Axel- a lot of them were like that. Her hair reached about to her shoulders in a blonde color. Her face expression was not at all too happy. The girl wore dark jeans and a dark red shirt. Over all that, she wore a black trench coat. She didn't seem to be loaded with any weapons, or at least that's what the eyes around her saw.
“You can try yelling, but it won't work,” the younger male spoke. “We've tried and nobody has heard us.”
“Meh, then screw it,” Axel answered, calming down, “Kai or one of them will send a search party out for us. They should know where we are at, since Cloud is the jerk who sent us here in the first place.” Danie could only roll her eyes.
“So how did you all get in here?” she asked after Axel finished his sentence.
“Don't know…we all don't know,” the oldest answered, “All of us were some how transported here-”
“Like with magic,” the younger male interrupted.
“Like the rest of us,” Axel remarked to himself, though everyone in the room heard him. He then introduced himself, “The name's Axel.” The girl in the back looked as if she had recognized the name, but made no remark.
“I'm Danie,” Danie replied with her hand out to the oldest male. “We are members of a site called Shadow-Hill. As well as a few others here.”
“Really?” the oldest answered back shaking her hand, “I've been there. I'm Angel.”
“And I'm Shade,” the young male answered, “I also go there. What did you say your names were again?”
“Axel,” Axel repeated.
“My name is Danie,” Danie returned nicely. She then added in, “And if I remember correctly…you two were the first ones I met on the bored.”
“Yes! Now I remember you!” Shade remarked happily. “So how have you been?”
“Pretty good,” Danie responded back. However, her eyes landed on the lonely girl in the back who seemed familiar. Turning her attention to her, Danie asked, “What about you? What's your name?”
The girl made no answer. Instead of repeating herself, Danie made her way to the girl's side, alone. One good glimpse of the girl and Danie jumped back with a loud questionable “Litta?!” In response the girl called “Litta” did the same thing, only yelling, “Danie?!” They stared at each other for a long time, as if in a staring contest. Danie couldn't believe it; one of her friends from where she lived was here as well.
“Well, they seem to know each other,” Axel remarked in a funny sense only letting Shade and Angel hear, in which they smiled.
“So that's what her name is,” Angel replied with a smile, “I wasn't able to get the name from her. Nor do I recognize it…”
“That's probably because we haven't been on in a while,” Shade answered bringing his sense into the conversation.
Danie got up and helped her friend, Litta, up as well, replying in the process, “No, it's because she never joined Shadow-Hill. She's a good friend of mine from church. Who, I know, hates his crypt that Axel decided to close the door and lock us in here.” She emphasized the name Axel for a joking reason. Axel glared at her in an odd way, giving Danie a reason not to trust that look. Danie hid behind Litta with a small whisper, “Save me.”