Fan Fiction ❯ One Girl, New Outcome ~A Harry Potter Universe Story~ ❯ One Girl, New Outcome ~A Harry Potter Universe Story~ 'Ello, Bellatrix, 'Ello, Narcissa (The tra ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Damn, this sucks. Why couldn't my parents just stay in one place for once, Jackolynn thought. She wasn't usually one to complain, but this was the last straw for her. She hadn't been able to stay in one place for longer than a year in her entire life. She had given up on friends and just about everything else, including boyfriends and caring about what other people thought of her. She had started working out to make up for lack of friends, but she looked good. She was toned, and had an awesome six-pack.
She was in London at some train station. He father had told her the name, but she had forgotten it as soon as she got out of the car. She knew that this was going to be just another one of his lies. He told her that this place would be permanent, but it had been the same as the others. He said that he had finally gotten a "stable" job at the Ministry, but he also said that every time.
Jackolynn looked down at the owl cage that she had put on the floor of her train compartment. Who thinks of these things to carry mail? Haven't they heard of telephones? Who cares about this stupid place anyways? Hogwarts? It sounds like a disease. At least a Beauxbatons was all girls when I went there last year. I didn't need to worry about boys and stuff .
Jackolynn heard giggling outside in the hall, but she ignored it. She put on her monster headphones and turned on her tape player, but it wouldn't work. I guess muggle things don't work here either. At least I'll have Artemis to keep me company, she thought, looking at the pure white owl. And Affe, I can't forget about her, Jackolynn thought, conjuring up the image of her daschund. Affe was small, even for a daschund, and she had a blonde coat and friendly brown puppy eyes.
The giggling was getting closer, and she wanted to scream. Girls that only giggled all the time annoyed her to no end. She hated it, usually because they were giggling about her, at least at all the places she used to live and go to school. She opened her backpack, the only tie she had to her family. She never brought photographs, and they never sent her any post, aside from Christmas. She opened up a mirror and checked her reflection.
She didn't need to really freak out people before they knew her. Maybe, she hoped, her father had told the truth for once. She could possibly have a friend this year. It was after all, a new place. She flipped a few strands of her glossy brown hair behind her ears. Her hair was as always wavy and perfect, but she hated it. She thought brown was way to common, but there was also traces of orangeish red in it.
Her sky blue eyes were lined in black, thinner than she usually wore her eyeliner, but enough to be seen. She didn't have any other make-up on, not that she needed it. All of her tan skin was flawless, aside from the smattering of freckles across her nose and a pale scar that ran the length of the underside of her forearm.
The giggling was closer, and she snapped the mirror closed, tossed it in her backpack along with her tape player, and zipped it closed. She put the backpack down next to her. The door to the compartment opened and two girls looked in. They looked slightly alike, and they were probably sisters.
One had wavy blonde hair that reached just past her shoulders and green eyes. She looked too thin. The other girl had almost black hair that reached her shoulder blades and blue eyes. She looked like she was also thin, but healthier looking than the blonde. They both had the same creamy pale skin though.
"Oh, we didn't realize that this was taken," the blonde said.
Jackolynn shook her head. "Please, join me," she said, gesturing to the seat. She saw the necklaces that the girls were wearing, and they bore the Black family crest. The Black family was known worldwide as a great family of pureblood wizards.
"Okay," said the other girl. They each had a bag with them, but they were much nicer that Jackolynn's ratty old backpack. They sat down across from her.
"I'm Jackolynn Lavery, but call me Jack," Jackolynn introduced herself. She bowed her head to the girls sitting across from her. "And I take it that you are part of the Black family," she added, gesturing to their necklaces.
"Yes, I'm Narcissa, and this is my sister, Bellatrix."
"It's nice to meet you," Bellatrix said.
"Well, you're obviously not a first year," Narcissa said. "What year are you in?"
"Well, I'm supposed to be in sixth year, but because my family moves so much, I haven't learned everything I need to, and I haven't taken my O.W.L.s yet so they're putting me in fifth year."
"We're both in fifth year!" Bellatrix said.
"So are you a pureblood?" Narcissa asked.
"Yes. So what are the living arrangements here?"
"We live in dorms, but in different houses," Narcissa said.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, there are four houses, one for each of the founders. There's Slythern, the house we're both in, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and our rival house, Gryffindor. All of the Gryffindors think that they are so much better than the rest of us," Bellatrix said, rolling her eyes.
"So how do you get into a certain house? Do you just pick or what?"
"No, the Sorting Hat decides. It’s this nasty old hat that's charmed. It reads into your thoughts and picks a house that'll suit you," Narcissa explained.
"Well, each house has certain qualities that decide if you belong there or not. A Slythern for instance is supposed to be very cunning, and most of us are purebloods. Gryffindors are supposed to be brave and daring. Ravenclaws are supposed to be wise and intelligent. Hufflepuffs are supposed to be loyal and patient. But what the Sorting Hat doesn't say are the few things that everybody knows about each house. Gryffindors are vain, Ravenclaw girls are slutty, Hufflepuffs loose at just about everything, and Slytherns play dirty," Bellatrix elaborated.
"Damn it," Jackolynn said, shaking her head.