Fan Fiction ❯ Passed the Ice Cold Eyes ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

His eyes, I looked into those eyes, it was hard for me to believe those eyes existed. They were black as the night sky, and it didn't seem to matter what mood he was in because it looked as if his eyes were filled with tears. His stare alone sent chills down everyone's spine and caused a sensation of ice against skin to surge through their bodies, I was no exception to this. No matter how cold I felt I was lost in his eyes, I couldn't tear away from the ice cold eyes.
“What are you staring at?” he spoke.
I snapped out of his trance and immediately bowed my head, “I'm sorry! I didn't mean to stare!”
I waited for a response from him but heard nothing. I looked up and he was gone, I turned around to see him just walking away from her.
I sighed to myself, “Great, first day here and I already made something think I'm crazy….perfect.”
A bell rung through the halls,
“Shit…” I said to myself and began running looking for my first art class. I turned a corner and searched for my classroom.
“This day just keeps getting better. My first day at Bridgeton Academy, and esteemed high school for the arts and I'm late for my first class. Fuck!” I thought to myself.
I finally found a room labeled, “Drawing and Painting” and ran in.
“I'm sorry I'm late!” I yelled out then started panting trying to catch my breath.
I bowed my head in embarrassment as the whole class laid their eyes on me. A middle aged woman with glasses and blonde hair approached me with a smile, “Oh hush, you're just right on time for your introduction Ms. Wu. I'm Ms. Grayson.” She said in a southern accent.
She grabbed my arm and guided me to the front of the class. Everyone followed me with their eyes, all but one student.
“Well you've saved me the trouble of calling for the class's attention.” She began, “Now class we have a new student joining us today, she is Ms. Ingrid Wu. I have been informed that she has promising skills and is quite intelligent for her age that is why an exception has been made for her to attend so late into the year. You all know the standards we have here in Bridgeton Academy so I and nor any other staff member should ever hear about any disrespect towards the new student.” She gave a stern glare at the class and they all bowed their head in compliance with her demands.
“Alright then since we have gotten that part down you may take your seat next to Mr. Li over there.”
With her hand she pointed to a pale skinned Chinese boy with straight medium length hair that covered most of his face. It was sleek and almost as black as his long black leather jacket that draped over his body. I looked at the boy and realized, he was the guy with the ice cold eyes. I walked up to the seat next to him. As I walked passed the numerous students to get to my seat, everyone around me gasped and one even said something “Oh my god, she's sitting next to that weirdo.”
I ignored them and took my seat; the boy next to me took no notice. He just sat there drawing in his sketchbook.
Ms. Grayson then took a paintbrush off her desk, walked to the windows and started tapping the paintbrush against the counter near the window, addressing us to face her. We all turned towards the blonde teacher, everyone except “Mr. Li”.
“Now class,” she said as she tucked the paintbrush into her hair, “You all know that the second marking period is going to end soon which means time to start your mid-term projects!”
She took a pause and started to walk back and forth showing the art projects that lay on the counter. She extended her arm moving it in front of the pieces.
“These magnificent pieces like this sculpture and this water color painting have been the mid-term projects of my past and present students” she pointed to a few acrylic paintings, charcoal sketches and water color paintings.
“All these sketches and paintings are more than three years apart. There have been many excellent artists that have passed through this school's doors, but there have only been few who had the talent and left a lasting impression.” She walked towards the front of the class.
“For your mid-term this year you all must have a partner.”
The class cheered and started talking to each other discussing who to ask as a partner. I observed them giggle and talking about how much fun it'll be to work with friends.
“Listen!” Ms. Grayson yelled, trying to get back the attention of the class.
“I know you're all excited, some more than others, buy you must work with someone. No exceptions. The task is your partner will be your project. You can use any medium to create your project whether it be charcoal, paints, photography, even a simple drawing with good ol' pencil will do. As long as its school appropriate you can do whatever you please, any questions?”
No one raised their hand or seemed to pay any attention to Ms. Grayson. She sighed, “Well you have from now until the end of mid-term week to finish and hand in your projects. You may use the remainder of class to find a partner and discuss your project go.”
With that signal the class rushed out of their seats and ran to the person they wanted as a partner, only the boy and I remained seated. We stayed silent, he kept sketching and I just stared at the table trying to not look at him. I turned to around to observe the other students who scattered around the room trying to avoid the table both him and I sat in.
I wondered not really caring why they were avoiding this table; questions like “Was it because I was the new kid? Do they already hate me?” popped into my head. But I stopped concentrating on something as stupid as that. When I turned back, he was staring straight at me.
His dark eyes sent chills down my spine, just like they did the first time. Soon the feeling of ice against my skin surged through my entire body. I closed my eyes and shivered, he knew what he was doing to me, but I knew he wasn't doing it on purpose.
“They're not trying to avoid you.” He said in his monotonous voice.
“Excuse me?” I asked just to make sure that he just spoke.
“I said they're not trying to avoid you, so don't start worrying about them hating you, though I don't know why you would want them to like you.” He said this as he laid the last few strokes of lead onto his drawing, then he put down his pencil.
“Aren't you the girl who kept staring at me this morning?” he asked me.
I blushed hoping he wouldn't have realized that.
“I'm sorry,” I said, “I didn't mean to keep staring it's just that—“ he interrupted me.
“No need to apologize or explain. I know I'm weird so if I'm not an eyesore to someone I'm just a bad attraction to someone else.”
“No that's not it, its—“ he interrupted me again.
“Oh yea, sorry about the stare thing, didn't mean to scare you.”
“You didn't scare me, and besides why are you saying sorry, it's not like your stare killed me.”
He stared at me again; his eyes gave me those chills but I wasn't shivering as much as before. I tried to avoid his eyes and looked at his sketch. I tilted my head to get a perfect view of his drawing.
It was of a beautiful young woman, most of her head lying in a pool of blood. Not to far from her head was a rock also covered in blood, and standing about her was a demon looking down upon her with rage. The sketch was full of detail, so life like. It was so real, from the grotesque demon with his dark eyes to the beautiful features of the woman's long hair; in fact it was too real. I felt as if the picture was just one scene of something that already occurred.
I breathed out, “It's beautiful…the shading, and the proportions are perfect, and…”
I just looked at the sketch and felt the pain of it; the pain of the dying woman and the pain…of the artist.
“….you're talented.” I simply said.
He knew that's not what I was going to say, I saw through his face that he knew what I really wanted to say, but I didn't want to bring up. He closed his sketchbook and put it in his backpack.
“Thanks but don't' say I'm talented. I just have too much time on my hand so I put in details in things. Besides this sketch has no beauty, at least when it's compared to you. My name is Kun Li.” He said
I blushed, “Umm...thanks I'm Ingrid Wu.”
“I've heard quite a lot about you, your talent, and intelligence. I've impressed by you and your portfolio. Everything is creative, fresh, and beautiful in its own way. They are right you are an artist.”
“I'm not an artist; I'm just someone who can draw really well.”
He smiled, “Modesty, I like that, just because it seems so rare in other girls here. Everyone here is fake; I can't stand it honestly, seeing them full of conceit, thinking they're the shit.”
He turned around to look at all the people in class making it appear as if they're working diligently but are only gossiping. I started pondering what to do for my project since it seemed for me that I needed to catch up. I had the concept in mind, but I needed the perfect subject, and I think Kun is the perfect model.
“Um…Kun?” I said a little hesitant.
He turned towards me, “Yes?”
“Would you be willing to be my partner?” I asked shyly.
It was a couple of minutes before he said something, “Depends, do I have to pose nude?”
My cheeks became crimson red, I turned away immediately.
“Um…no you will be fully clothed.”
“Damn, oh well I'll still be your partner anyways.”
We stayed in silence again, but I kept staring into his eyes, I couldn't help it they were so attracting.
“Why do you keep looking right into my eyes?” he asked his face moving closer to mine. His eyes still had me in a trance.
“They're stunning; I can't help but…look…” I said as our faces kept moving closer.
He moved his lips towards my ear and whispered, “If you think my eyes are beautiful you should see the rest of me.”
I felt his hot breath against my skin; I closed my eyes and let out a sigh, I was still under his trance. I didn't know why but I felt as if the temperature in the room was increasing. I opened my eyes and finally was released from Kun's trance, I could no longer hide the fact I was blushing. My skin tone had gone from a pale yellow to a shade of apple red. Kun grinned maliciously.
“What are you two doing for your projects seeing as you too are communicating with each other?”
I started to stutter trying to recover from Kun's hypnotism, but Kun answered for me.
“Oh well I was trying to convince her to do an oil painting but she seems to want to draw a portrait instead.”
“Uh-huh….Kun,” she looked at me while I was trying to turn back to my normal skin tone. “Ingrid is a new student, don't corrupt her.” She walked away and we both burst into laughter, but I was still red.
I looked at the clock above the door, “Class is about to end, do you want to start after the last bell?”
“Yeah, what's your last class?”
I took out my schedule from my folder, “Math with Mr. Luke.”
“Okay how about I pick you up from his classroom then we'll start, okay?”
I nodded then the bell rang, all the students rushed out of the class, including me, I couldn't afford to be late to another class.