Fan Fiction ❯ Passed the Ice Cold Eyes ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“Kun I…” I repeated again.
“Oh my god just spit it out Ingrid.”
“I...am sorry; I shouldn't be butting into your business again. Please forgive me.”
“You chickened out” I thought to myself.
I came closer to hug him, at first he was hesitant and then he gave into my hug. I looked up and he looked down into my eyes, he's so sweet and nice to me…dammit I can't believe I like him.
I pulled away, “Hey how about I treat you to ice cream to make up for this hmm?”
He sighed, “No its okay, I want to develop these pictures so its okay, beside I don't like to eat sweet things. You go back to your dorm and sleep more I mean I did wake you up early.
And with that he walked away from me towards his dorm, I felt bad; I can't believe I made him feel this bad. Then I remember the last part he said, “Bullshit he doesn't like to eat sweet things.” I said out loud, and then I thought, “I could change that, and then I ran to the cafeteria and stocked up on all the sweets I could find.
In Kun's room he stood in his bathroom, with a red light surrounding illuminating the room as he developed the pictures. As he finished washing off the developer fluid off the third photo in the sink he dipped the fourth picture in the square bucket filled with developer, and then he hung the third photo next to the first two drying them. He leaned back on the sink and looked at the pictures.
“So beautiful…can't believe how she takes my breath away.” He sighed, as he took the first picture that was dry. It was the picture of him and Ingrid in the drama room.
“My god…she's so beautiful.” He brought the picture closer to his lips and kissed it.
Kun was interrupted by a continuous knock on the door. He left the room being careful not to expose the pictures to the light of the outside world.
“Who is it?” he yelled.
“It's me, Ingrid. Let me in.”
Kun thought to himself, “What is she doing, I thought she'd crawl back into bed.” He approached the door and Ingrid came in holding bags full of food.
“What is all this?” Kun asked me as I pushed my way in.
I put the bags on the floor near the bed and took the food out.
“You said earlier you don't like eating sweet food, then I thought, that's total bullshit! So I brought you all these sweets and we are not leaving until we find one you like!”
Kun sighed, “Are you insane…that is a lot of sweets……I'm going to need an insulin shot after this aren't I?”
I smiled, “Just sit down next to me and try some of this please.” I looked into his eyes and ignored the chills he sent down my spine and gave him a puppy dog look.
Kun sighed in defeat, “Fine” he walked up to his bed and sat next to me
“So what's first?” Kun asked.
“Well let's try something simple, like brownies!” I went into the bag and grabbed a box of brownies and offered them to Kun.
“Do I have to eat the whole thing?” Kun asked before taking a brownie from the box.
I sighed, “Fine, if you don't' like it I'll just eat the rest so it doesn't go to waste.”
Kun inspected the brownie thoroughly before taking a small bite of it.
I smiled and looked at Kun, “What do you think?”
Kun chewed then swallowed, “Its good but” Kun coughed, “it's a little to thick.”
“Ok fine if you don't like it I'll eat the rest.” With that said I grabbed the brownie from Kun and ate it in two bites. Kun looked at me in amazement.
“Damn you really like sweets huh Ingrid?”
I smiled and nodded; Ingrid then rummaged through the bag again and pulled out a piece of apple strudel.
“Okay you like fruit so you might like this.”
I offered him the slice of strudel and Kun as he did with the brownie; he inspected the piece of pastry before taking a bite. When he finally took a bite he immediately spat it out.
“Why'd you spit it out?” I cried out.
Kun wiped his mouth, “It was too sweet.”
I scoffed, “You're such a picky eater.”
Again I rummaged through the bags and took out a piece of cheesecake.
“This is cheesecake, it shouldn't be too sweet, and it shouldn't be too thick either, and if you spit it out I will kill you because cheesecake is my favorite dessert and to me a wasted piece of cheesecake is a sin.” I said.
Kun laughed thinking I was kidding, but looked at me and saw that I was dead serious when I said that.
“Okay fine I will try not to spit it out.” Kun promised.
I smiled and took out a fork and fed him the cheesecake. I watch him chew the piece of dessert and waited for his reaction.
“So what do you think?” I asked.
He swallowed, “Pretty good actually, not bad at all.”
“Yay!” I yelped.
“Ok now since I found one I like, do I have to eat the rest of this stuff?” Kun asked looking as if he feared the bags that sat on the floor.
I shrugged, “Fine I'll put them in my room but let me finish this slice of cheesecake, I was jealous that you got to get the first bite of it before me.”
I took the fork and cut myself a slice and put it in my mouth, and closed my eyes in ecstasy, as soon as I took the fork out of my mouth something warm captured my lips, I snapped my eyes opened and it was Kun, he was kissing me. For several seconds I remained frozen but then I finally closed me eyes again and leaned it the kiss. Kun pulled away and looked at me.
I touched my lips and looked at him, a smile grew across his face, “Sorry I got jealous the fork got to touch your lips before me.”
I sat there in total shock, I didn't know what to do, so I stood up, “Um…I need to go, I should leave you to go back to your developing.”
I got up and tried to make my way to the door but Kun grabbed me by my wrist and stopped me.
“I'm sorry Ingrid, I shouldn't have kissed you without asking you first….its just that I really like you and—“
I cut him off, “You idiot, have some back bone you're saying sorry for kissing me?”
Then I grabbed onto his shoulders using them to bring me closer to his lips, again we kissed, but this time I closed my eyes and relaxed as he put his tongue in my mouth. Kun leaned in and kissed me back. After a few minutes we withdrew to catch our breath.
I looked up at Kun and he has a sinister look in his eyes.
“What?” I asked as he walked closer to me, trapping me against the wall.
He put his lips against my ear, “You say I don't have back bone?” he whispered, I felt his hands grab my thighs, “Let's see about that!” With that last word he picked me up and brought me to the bed.
I laughed and squealed, “What are you doing?!”
He laid me on the bed, kissed me again and laid next to me and wrapping me in his arms.
Kun nuzzled his lips against my neck and whispered, “So I hope you get I like you.”
I felt him smile against my skin, then I softly laughed, “Idiot, of course I know you like me.”
We stayed quiet for several minutes, but then I felt Kun pull me in closer to his chest. He picked up his head and looked at me, “Ingrid, I really like you, will you go out with me?”
He said, his eyes were soft this time, not cold, they didn't send chills down my spine; I didn't feel as if ice was surging through my body, the tears were still there but I felt warmth in his soft gaze.
I smiled, “It took you long enough to ask me.”
He grinned and pulled me into a kiss.
I pulled away and said, “Hey, now I can go down the hall and when I see you I can yell out Hey Boyfriend!” I laughed teasing him.
He simply said, “Good then everyone will know you're mine and no other guy can have you.”
“Then what are you going to do so people will know your mine and no other girl can have you?” I asked teasing him.
Kun just smiled and said, “Not like any girl would want me, but we'll think of something.” He laid a kiss on my forehead.
“You should know now you make me smile a hell of a lot more than when I was younger.” Kun said.
That brought my mind back to the subject of his sister Xiao Mei. I should ask him now; I need him to know that I know about Xiao Mei, I just want to help him.
“Kun…” I said in a low tone.
He picked his head up, “Yes?”
I looked at him and thought to myself, I can't do this….not now at least.
I looked at him and gave him a kiss, “Let's take a picture.”
“What?” he said as I pushed him so I could get up.
I walked over to his camera and picked it up, “Does it have film?”
He sat up and stared at me, “You're serious?”
I smiled “Of course why not? Besides you can add it to your project.”
I checked if the camera was loaded with film and seemed to be, then I walked up to him and sat on his lap.
“Ready?” I asked as I put my left cheek up to his right cheek and set the camera to take the picture.
Kun covered his face, “Why are we taking pictures?”
I pressed the button and a flash appeared.
“Why not?” I asked as I kissed his cheek and took another picture.
He covered his face, “Okay two pictures are enough give me back the camera.” He said reaching with his free hand for the camera, but I moved it farther away.
“What are you doing?” he asked removing his hand from his face.
I stood up and ran to the door, “Stealing your camera.” I said before dashing out of the door.
Kun ran after me but I was faster than him. In the end though when I got to the courtyard he tackled me to the ground, everyone in the courtyard stared, but we didn't care.
The next morning I woke up, I lifted myself up to look at the clock; it was 11:38 am.
“Damn I really overslept.” I plopped myself back onto the bed and grabbed one of my pillows and hugged it.
As I hugged the pillow I was reminded of how Kun held me as we laid on his bed. I sighed in disbelief, I finally have someone…I'm not alone anymore. Tears formed in my eyes and I smiled as they trickled down my cheek. But then my mind went back to what he said, “You should know now you make me smile a hell of a lot more than when I was younger.”
Was his sister the one that used to make him smile? Am I here just to replace his sister? These questions haunted my brain for the rest of the day. When I finally got enough energy to leave my bed I got dressed and made my way to the courtyard.
Some of the music students gathered in the center of the courtyard and started playing. I took a seat under the shade of an oak tree and watched the music prodigies play their hearts out. The music was a random collage of instruments that worked together. It started with a student pounding a beat from a wooden crate box and drumsticks, then the strumming of a guitar followed and soon afterwards saxophones, violins, and other bunches of instruments jumped in. All the students got involved, and even some of the teachers who came in to the courtyard and started playing their cellos. Then two girls from the dance studio walked to the center of the courtyard and began dancing, inviting the rest of us to dance as well.
“It was about time they started playing in the courtyard.” Said a voice from behind me.
I tilted my head backwards to see who the voice belonged to, it was Kun. He leaned down and gave me a kiss on my forehead.
“They do this a lot?” I asked as Kun as he took a seat next to me.
He leaned his arms on his knees, “Yeah, only when the weather is good though and since it's not too cold today it won't kill their instruments to be playing outside right now.”
I looked at the rest of the crowd who danced to the music and watched them enjoying themselves. Kun looked at me; I didn't take notice until he nudged me with his shoulder.
“You want to dance?” he asked as he pointed with his lips towards the rest of the students who danced.
I laughed, “You're funny.”
He stood up and pulled me up with him by the arm, “I'm so serious.”
I gasped and tried to pull away, “What are you doing? I can't dance!” I said as I tried to run the opposite way, but Kun kept pulling me towards the crowd.
“Don't worry about it, I'll teach you.” He said pulling me closer to him. He put his right hand around my waist and held my right hand with his left hand; he put his lips against my ear and whispered, “Just trust me and follow what I do.”
Kun started swaying his hips and I did the same, then he took a step back and I followed by taking a step forward. Soon enough I was dancing, at least I hope that's what I was doing. I seemed to have gotten the simple part of dancing but then Kun whispered into my ear again.
“I'm going to try something, don't worry, and just trust me.” He said before he twirled me around, caught me and then dipped me.
I gasped in surprise and he just looked at me and laughed. He brought me up and kissed me.
“I guess you trust me considering I could've taken that opportunity to drop you and humiliate you in front of the school.”
I laughed and gave me a kiss on the cheek, “Well if you had dropped me, that won't me as bad as what I would do to you, if you had dropped me.” I said to him as a cynical smile formed on my face.
Kun laughed and embraced me.