Fan Fiction ❯ Passed the Ice Cold Eyes ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A woke up from a knocking at my door. The mid-terms are due on February 23rd, it was January 7th, it has been almost a month since I arrived here at Bridgeton Academy. Since I got her Kun and I spent a lot of time working on my project, he posed numerous times and still tried to pose nude, that weird ass. It's also been a month since I've known about Kun's sister; I wish I could tell him thought because I know something is wrong with him…I still remember the first time he posed for me…he fell asleep and had nightmares and screamed, I still think about that day…I don't know why I care for him so much I guess I developed a little crush on him. I laughed at myself, then the laughter subsided. Anyways I finally finished my work now it's his turn so I guess I can learn about him.
I yelled out, “Who is it?”
“Who do you think?” it was Kun's voice on the other side of the door.
I turned to look at my dresser; the clock read 8:26 am.
“Are you insane? Its 8:30 on a Saturday why are you waking me up so god damn early?” I yelled back
“Because I want to start on my project already now open the damn door!” he said banging on it harder.
I rolled off my bed and walked to the door rubbing my eyes.
I opened the door and Kun stood there, with his camera in his hand and a huge smile on his face.
“What are you so fricking happy about this early?”
“Nice shirt and underwear.”
I looked down and just realized that last night I had fallen asleep in a shirt that barely reached my waist and blue underwear with a monkey on it.
“Oh shit!” I said trying to cover myself, “Could you have at least the decency not to look?”
I walked away from the door and grabbed a pair of jeans from my closet, and Kun let himself in.
“Did you need to come this early?” I asked walking up to my bed and plopping myself on it.
Kun walked up to the bed and sat next to me, “It's not early, what's wrong with you?”
“Stayed up all night working on the last piece of my whole portfolio project.”
“You're crazy, that's you're mid-term, it could've been anything and you went and took the challenge of doing a whole portfolio.” Kun started to lecture me.
“Well I'm done aren't I? I want to sleep I pulled an all nighter.” I said as I closed my eyes ready to go back to sleep.
Kun got up and walked to my closet and grabbed some clothes and walked back out and threw it on top of me. “Too bad, get dressed we got to go.”
I groaned, “No.” I pulled the blankets and covered myself.
“Okay, if you don't get up I will…”
I looked up, “You'll do what?”
He grinned, “I'll do this…” he then put this hands on my waist and started to tickle me.
“No!!!!!!” I said laughing. I started thrashing around pleading for him to stop.
“The only way I'll stop is if you get up and get dressed.”
“Can't breathe! Can't breathe! Fine I'll go!” He took his hands off and got off the bed.
“Get dressed in those clothes and I'll be outside waiting.” Kun quickly left the room.
I got up and walked to the bathroom. Turning on the sink, making the water run until it was warm I started to think about how close we were getting. Touching the water I decided it was warm enough. Gathering some in my hands I splashed it onto my face. I put some soap into my hands and started to lather it into my face. As I did this I couldn't help but think how fast Kun and I are becoming friends. “I should wait to ask about Xiao Mei, I don't want to ruin this. He's my first friend.” I said to myself as I washed off the soap. Drying my face with a towel I walked out of the bathroom and approached my bed to take a gander at what clothes he picked out. The clothes Kun laid out were my white tank top, my black track jacket, and a pair of destroyed jeans. I just quickly got dressed into them. Looking back into the bathroom mirror I put my long black hair into a messy bun and then left my room.
Opening the door to leave, Kun was right outside with his camera. I closed the door behind me and walked up to him.
“Are we even going to eat breakfast?” I asked rubbing my stomach.
“Got that covered.” He said offering me the brown bag.
I opened it and there was a big bottle of orange juice and a bagel with peanut butter and jelly in it. “For me?”
“Yep, so we don't waste time and also I want to take a picture of you eating.”
“Take a picture of me eating?”
“Yeah you eating. Now go sit on the floor with your back against your door.”
I shrugged and did what he said. Placing my body on the floor against my door I took out all the contents of the brown paper bag and put them on the floor.
“Ok, now don't fold your legs into an Indian style just let your knees bend and spread your legs and take the bagel and pretend to eat it.”
I shifted myself and put the bagel in my mouth with my eyes staring straight up at Kun.
“Bow your head a little and don't stare at me.”
With those last instructions I followed he took the picture. At the same time as he took that picture two girls from the dance program walked passed us.
“Oh Kun what is this? You're taking pictures for that “feed the poor” fundraiser?” said the red head standing with her brunette companion.
Putting the food back into the bag I got up and approached the girls, but before I could say anything Kun stopped me and pulled me back.
“No just doing my art project, but after seeing you too I'm inspired to rethink my project. Want to be in it?” Kun asked them.
The two girls giggled, the brunette was the one to speak for the both of them “I'm not surprised if we inspire you. What's your idea for your project?” She asked so flattered.
“Well my idea for my project to make a huge warning sign that shows what happens when you become and anorectic and a bulimic. In the middle of the sign would be your pictures, the bulimic” he pointed to the brunette that spoke, “and the anorectic.” He then pointed to the scrawny red head next to her.
Both of there face's were full of anger. “You ignorant bastard!” They both said storming away.
We both laughed hysterically as they ran off babbling to each other about Kun's insult.
“That was precious, thanks.”
He grinned, “It's all good, but you shouldn't worry about what they said. They're just jealous of you.”
“Of me?” I asked as I started to eat my bagel
“Yeah, last year when the fashion department needed models for their annual winter fashion show, I was the one taking the pictures, so I had to choose some of the models. When those two auditioned I ripped up there resumes and made them the first two to be cut from the audition.”
After taking a huge gulp to swallow my food, I asked “Why?”
He snuffed, “Because they were people who looked like a model but couldn't be one. You'd think as dancer's they could walk a runway, but surprisingly no. Anyways you have time to eat, we're going to the drama wing to take more pictures so eat and walk.”
Kun started walking and I followed, as I ate my bagel and orange juice, as we walked I wondered, how did Kun know I only eat bagels with peanut butter and jelly in it.
We finally arrived in the drama wing; Kun brought me to one of the classrooms. He opened the door and let me in first. We walked in and there was a drama teacher behind the desk reading through a play and jotting down notes. I looked around the room, it was sent up like a mini amphitheater, in the middle of the class there was big space where the class performed.
“Sanchez, can I borrow some dresses? I need to take pictures.” Kun asked walking towards him. I remained next to the door.
The gray haired man reached into the drawer to his left side and took out a set of keys and threw it to Kun. Kun caught them with ease and went into the costume room that was in the corner of the class.
“Just return whatever you borrow in the condition you received them in.” He looked up and through his half moon glasses he looked at me standing next to the door.
“You girl, you're Ingrid Wu right? The supposed “gifted” one.” He asked me.
“Shit!” I said to myself, “another teacher who hates me because I was the exception.”
I coughed and in a low tone I said, “Yes sir, I'm Ingrid Wu.”
“Louder, I didn't hear you!” he yelled.
In a not much louder voice I repeated, “Yes sir, I'm Ingrid Wu.”
“Still can't hear you darling.” The gray haired man said from his desk.
“Sanchez, don't bullshit her, you know you can hear her, she's not going to get any louder.” Kun said as he walked out of the costume room with two dresses in his arms.
He offered me the first dress, a traditional Chinese cheongsam dress; it was red with black trimming and black embroidery of vines and petals.
“Put this on, the dressing room is over there, don't worry if it's uncomfortable, you won't be in it for too long.” He pointed to where the dressing room was and I entered, changing into the dress.
“She is pretty, not surprised you'd try to get your hands on her first.” Remarked Mr. Sanchez to Kun while he set up his camera.
“It's nothing like that Sanchez, and get your mind out of the damn gutter. You're a teacher for Christ's sake.”
He chuckled. “You seem to like this girl, considering your making contact with her.”
“Well she's different…she isn't going to judge me on my past….”
I walked out of the dressing room, wearing the dress but walking on the ground barefoot, with my sneakers in my hand.
“I took off my shoes; they didn't match with the dress, is that alright?”
When I looked up waiting for Kun's answer he was just staring at me. We were both silent and all he could do was stare. I started waving my hand in front of him, “Kun? Did you hear me?”
He still didn't say anything and just kept looking at me.
Mr. Sanchez looked up form his work and snickered, “Mr. Li close your mouth and stop drooling on my floor.” Kun immediately snapped back into reality.
“What?” He asked, obviously not hearing a word I said.
“I asked, is it ok that I go barefoot?” I said as I stuck my foot out and wiggled my toes.
Kun, still in a daze, said “Uh...yea it's ok.” Wow Ingrid you look….you look amazing.”
I bowed my head in gratitude. He walked over to me and reached into his back packet and gave me a red fan. “Here, you're going to use this for a couple of the pictures.
I opened the fan, “Okay so what am I suppose to do?”
He pulled me by my arm and dragged me to the window next to Mr. Sanchez's desk. He let go of my hand and backed away a couple of inches, looked at me and went back next to me.
“Ok first stand side ways, but move your face so you are looking out side the window.” I did as I was told.
“What am I going to do with this fan?”
“Put it in you left hand and put it up to your chin.”
I put the fan in my left hand and I put it against my chin. “Like this?”
“A little lower.”
I lowered it a bit. “Better?”
“Perfect. Now stay like that until I say so ok.”
He backed away a couple of feet and began taking the pictures. For a good three minutes all I heard was the click of the camera and from the corner of my eye I saw the flashes that proceeded from the pictures he took. He moved around, from left to right, taking pictures at different angles. Finally the clicking and flashing ceased, but I didn't move yet. I waited for him to say something.
“Can I move yet?” I asked I had the sudden urge to fidget.
I didn't hear anything from Kun so I just moved not caring if he got mad. When I turned to face him he was sitting on the floor looking at me with a huge smile on his face.
“What the hell! I was standing there craving to move and all you could do was let me suffer standing still.”
He just put on an even bigger smile where his eyes started to squint. I threw the fan at him; he just put his arms over himself to protect himself. Once the fan hit him he put his arms down and stuck out his tongue.
“Can we finish the other pictures we have to take? I can barely breathe in this dress.”
He chuckled, “Fine.” He pushed himself off from the floor and walked towards one of the chairs behind the desk. He picked it up and brought it to the middle of the room. He motioned for me to come over where he was. I walked over to him.
“Okay now what am I going to do here?”
He walked to the closest desk and started setting the timer on his camera. He focused the camera and made sure it could see the chair perfectly.
“Okay so I'm guessing I'm sitting on this chair?”
He walked back to the chair. “Not entirely.” He sat on the chair and patted his lap with his hands. “Sit”
I looked at him with a shocked expression. “Excuse you?”
“You have to trust me, and to make sure I don't touch you in anyway you don't want to be touched, you will pick how you will look as you sit. Okay?”
I walked up to him a little hesitant. “Alright, how am I going to sit on your lap?”
“Come closer so I can show you.”
I moved closer and as soon as I was close enough he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me sideways onto his lap.
“What the hell!”
He laughed again. “Sorry we can't take to long I don't have much time left on the timer. Okay move me and yourself as you please.”
I moved his head that his face was mere inches from the side of my neck. I grabbed his arms and put them around my waist, and my head was somewhat leaning on his head.
“Is this ok with you?” I asked him.
“Yeah it's perfect. Now don't move until after you see two flashes, ok?”
I nodded. We both waited to hear the clicks and see the two flashes. Once after we were sure the picture was taken I got up from his lap. Kun went back to his camera.
“You can go get changed out of that dress now, we're going to go somewhere else for the next set of pictures I need to take.”
I ran towards the changing room to quickly get changed out of the dress. I came back out not even two minutes later. Kun was sitting on the desk top waiting with the other dress in hand and his camera hanging by the strap off his shoulder.
“What should I do with this dress?”
“Leave it on that desk next to Kun.” instructed Mr. Sanchez. “I'll take care of it, and Kun I better get the other dress back.”
I did as the teacher said and we both left. We then made our way to the music department.
“So what's the next picture you're taking?”
“You with a violin.” He said smiling. He stopped and turned around. I bumped into him. He gave me the dress and said,
“Put this on in there.” He pointed to the girl's restroom he stopped in front of.
I went in the bathroom, I looked at the dress. It was an off the shoulder dress, made out of velvet, so elegant. I rubbed my cheek against the material, it was so soft. I went into a stall and quickly got dressed. I came out of the restroom and Kun was sitting against the wall.
“Are you going to look and drool or not?”
“I'm trying not to look because of that”
I laughed thinking he was joking, but when I looked down at him he was concentrating so hard on the floor. To myself I thought, “Is he being serious?”
Next thing I knew he was already walking towards the orchestra. I grabbed my clothes and ran after him. A girl then stopped me.
“Excuse you charity case, why are you wearing my dress?”
I stopped and turned around. It was a bleach blonde girl, who was a little taller than me.
“What are you talking about? I borrowed this from the drama department.”
“Exactly, that's the dress of Susan, the leading lady of the play `Veronica's Room'. That's the part I will be getting once Mr. Sanchez comes to his senses and casts me, the best actress in this school.”
“Well that means then that you don't have the part so it's not your dress. Good bye.” I turned around to walk away but the girl grabbed me by my arm and turned me around.
“Who do you think you are? One piece of my hair can't even compare to you. I have everything and you have nothing, what makes you think you can just take that dress.”
“Lady seriously back off, I'm only wearing this for an art project can you leave me alone? Besides, if you're so great, why don't you have the part yet?”
“I don't have to explain anything to you charity case.”
I sighed. “Are you just going to keep calling me charity case because if you are, I think its only fair if I call you bleach blonde or plastic. You can have your pick.”
“Excuse you, what did you just say.”
“I just asked you if you wanted to be called a bleach blonde considering your hair has the darkest roots I've ever seen, or plastic, because those are the fakest boob jobs I've ever seen in my life.”
She gasped and slapped me.
“At least I can afford to go to this school.” She said.
I didn't care she slapped me, I took it in. “I got a scholarship to this school because I'm good at what I do; you probably got your daddy to buy you into this school so how do you even know you're good.”
“You do not know who you're dealing with missy. I can get you out of this school just like that.” She said as she snapped her fingers.
Then a voice from behind me said, “You don't know who you're dealing with.”
I turned around it was Kun. I was screaming in my head “Yes salvation.”
“This girl is right, she has talent and you are fake, now stop hating on her just because she looks way better in this dress than you will ever be and stop living in your fantasy world, you ain't getting the part. Let's go Ingrid.” He pulled me by my arm and we walked away.
The girl behind just yelled out “You better watch your back charity case.”
“Ok I will as long as you watch yours Barbie.”
We were laughing hysterically. Kun looked at me.
“Man I didn't know you were capable of that.”
I tried to stop laughing. “Eh, not a big thing. Who is that girl anyways?”
“Oh don't worry about her, she's has no control in this school. Her father is just the biggest cultivator of cheese in Europe. What is she honestly going to say to get you kicked out?”
He started saying in a mocking high toned voice, “I think you should kick this girl out of this school, she makes me unhappy. I don't think my father the European king of cheese wouldn't like to hear his daughter isn't happy.”
I started laughing even harder, my eyes were tearing.
“What ever, I don't care but anyways how are we going to get this violin? You have another connection in the music department?”
“Nah, I make no contact with the music people.”
“Well how are you going to take the picture without the violin?”
We got to the orchestra room. Kun checked if anyone was there through the window. He went up to the door and took out a hairpin from his pocket.
“We're going to sneak in and borrow one.” He was picking at the doors lock.
“Aren't you going to get in trouble that way?” I asked looking at him working the knob,
He grinned as he heard the lock click, signaling the door was unlocked. “Not if you get caught.”
Kun pushed open the door and entered, I followed after him. He walked into the instrument room and came out with a violin case. The room was set up just as the drama room was. Chairs and stands were formed in a circle with space in the middle for the conductor.
“Go stand in the center with this.” He said giving me the violin case.
I walked over to the center holding the violin case. I set the violin case and took out the violin and bow. Kun was still setting up his camera. I stood in front of the music stand that stood in the center.
“Ok, set the violin on your shoulder and make it look like you're playing it.”
I smirked. “I'll do you one better, just take the pictures.”
Setting the violin on my shoulder I started to play Habanera, by Bizet.”
Kun was in shock, it took him awhile to start taking the pictures. After he walked around in circles taking pictures from different angles he put down his camera, and kept witnessing my violin playing. I ceased playing once I knew he finished.
“So whatcha think?”
“That was awesome, how do you know how to play?”
I started setting the violin back in its case. “Don't get too excited I only know how to play that song and don't worry about it. Let's just say I like learning new things in every new situation I encounter.”
I locked the case and gave it to him.
“Put this back I'm going to go back and change really fast.” I ran out of the orchestra room and went to the restroom. When I came out of the bathroom fully dressed Kun was again sitting on the floor against the wall.
“Now what?” I asked him.
He pushed himself off from the ground, “I don't know, want to just walk around until we find something `inspirational'?”
“Sure why not, hey maybe we should go to the oak tree in the courtyard.” I began leading the way to the courtyard and Kun just followed. It was starting to get dark outside. As we made our way to the oak tree the thought of what happened in his room came back to my mind. I looked at Kun; he didn't take notice until after I think three minutes passed. He looked down at me. “Why do you keep staring at me like that?”
“Because remember when I first drew you? I'm still really concerned about you're screaming.” I said truthfully.
The smile that was once there started to fade, he started to walk faster. “Don't worry about it; it's not important, at least not to you.”
“Well can I at least know who that girl you keep drawing is?” I asked, “You know who she is. You shouldn't lie to him.”
“But I'm not lying to him, I'm just not telling him that I know.” I said to myself.
“Wait Kun!” I called out trying to slow him down. He stopped.
“Kun I…”
Just tell him I told myself, but then I thought, if I ask this soon he might hate me.
“Kun I…” I repeated hesitantly.
“You what? Spit it out already?” Kun yelled