Fan Fiction ❯ Passed the Ice Cold Eyes ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I continued to storm out of the building and made my way to the courtyard to get to my own building, I shrugged, “He is such an idiot!”
My hands tightened into a fist as I stomped my way through the courtyard, then a bald boy who seemed young stopped me.
“Hey girl!” he yelled out.
I stopped and turned, “What do you want?”
He ran up to me and asked, “Were you yelling at Kun Li back there?”
“Yeah, so what?”
The boy smiled, “Damn, you have balls!!”
I looked at him as if he was deranged, “What are you talking about?”
He stopped laughing, “Okay it's obvious you're new, because you don't' seem to know that Kun's been a scary mother fucker since his sister died.”
I took a step back after hearing this, “What? He had a sister?” Then my mind came back to the story Kun had told me in his room, “Was her name Xiao Mei?”
“Yeah that's her name,” the boy scoffed at me, “How do you know her name yet not know she's the sister, you're weird man.” He turned to walk away but I put my hand on his shoulder to stop him.
“Wait how do you know this?”
The boy removed my hand from his shoulder, “Okay first lady, no one touches the Raymond,” he paused to eye me up and down, “But for you I might make and exception.” He winked at me.
I looked at him with discussed them slapped him up the head, “Boy I've eaten candy bars older than you now tell me why you know that stuff about Kun?”
The boy rubbed the back of him head, “Dam fine woman I'll tell you, don't have to get physical, but I kind of like it.”
I raised my hand again to show I wasn't afraid to hit a child. Then he became serious.
“Okay, okay. Well first off everyone knows, it was a huge deal, I mean Kun's dad is the owner of a majority of the media networks in China and owns a chain of hotels. When Kun's sister died it hit first pages of every major newspaper, it was head line news baby. But it hit Kun harder…Xiao Mei was all he had left after his mother died. His father was always busy.”
I stopped him, “How do you know all this?”
“Because I used to be his roommate but I couldn't take it. He was scary as hell, he never slept and when he finally did he'd scream in his sleep and shit. I couldn't take it I had to transfer. Basically after that whole ordeal with his sister he became what he is now.” He looked at his watch, “Okay well I got to jet but if you want to get busy later—“
Before he could finish his disgusting words I slapped him up the head again, “Just go you freak!”
I stood in the middle of the courtyard pondering, “If it was on every newspaper…then I could look it up online!” I started running away from my dorm building and towards the library. As soon as I reached the building I walked in and ran to the nearest free computer. Immediately I typed in the search bar “Xiao Mei Li”, the first result that showed was a headline that read, “Hong Kong Hotel Tycoon's Daughter Found Dead in Park”.
I scrolled down reading the article. It read, “On April 14, 2003, in Crimson Park, the body of Xiao Mei Li, the daughter of Hong Kong's Hotel Tycoon, Shui Li, was found in a secluded area in the park dead lying in a pool of her own blood. It is said her cause of death was trauma to the head, however how it occurred is unknown, and the only witness to her death was her younger brother, Kun Huang Li. Kun Li's father refuses for him to speak of what happened to his sister to the press, claiming “My son has gone through enough horror to see his own sister die, the world does not need to pressure a child to tell them how she died, this is a matter only concerning the police and family.” All information that relate to Xiao Mei's death have been sealed from the media and law enforcement, for now her death has been ruled as a suicide.”
I continued to read and check the other search results but all of them reported the same exact information. Nothing was really known about her death except the fact that it happened. I looked at the date again, “Oh my god, this only happened three years ago, poor Kun…”
I felt a hand pat my shoulders, I turned around it was the librarian telling me I needed to leave now. I quickly turned off the computer and left, when I walked out the door it was already dark. The wind was cool and blowing upon my skin, it was very calming. No one was outside; they were either eating in the cafeteria or just chilling in their dorms. I rapidly walked back to my room, when I got to my floor I realized I had left all my things in Kun's room.
“I butted into his business; he won't want to see me for awhile.” I frowned. I made my way through the halls, then I noticed someone was sitting outside my door. I walked closer and closer and then realized it was Kun. He was sitting on the floor with my sketchbook and pencil case right next to him. He turned his head lazily and looked up at me.
“Hey Kun…” my voice was sort of rasping, I some how became tired during the walk back to my room.
“Hey” he smiled a little, “You take awhile to get to your room.” he said as he got up.
“How long have you been waiting?” I asked watching him stand.
Kun stood up to full height and patted the dirt of his pants with his hands, “Two hours” he said.
I couldn't help my cross my arms and give Kun a sly grin.
“Stop giving me that look and take this back.” He shoved the sketchbook into my arms.
“Why did you stay outside my room for two hours just to give me back my drawing?” I asked still giving him the same look.
He blushed, “Because…”
I smiled cynically, “Because what Kun?”
“You know you shouldn't be out so late.” He said trying to change the subject. “There are a lot of messed up guys in this school.”
“Why do you care so much about my safety?” I asked teasingly.
“Why shouldn't I be?”
“Why are you trying to avoid answering my first question?” I asked to annoy him. He continued trying to dodge all my questions.
He kept going on and on, complaining about my welfare and how it's never safe for a girl no matter where they are, even in school. With every question I asked he either on to his lecture or asked me a question to avoid answering mine. I was getting fed up with listening.
“Fine if you want to be that way thanks for returning my things good night.” I locked the door and entered, before I could shut the door he asked,
“Don't you need any help unpacking your clothes?”
“No I don't, I'm fine good night.” Then I tried to close the door but he pushed it keeping me from closing it.
“You sure?” he making his way in.
“Yeah I'm sure, why do you insist on helping me when I say I'm fine?”
“I don't know what you're talking about.” He said as he still kept trying to edge his way through the door.
I was quiet for a moment thinking if I should allow him in. Kun grew impatient and just barged in. He grabbed one of the boxes full of clothes and dragged it up to my bed. He plopped himself onto my bed, as he did earlier, and started to take clothes out of the box and started to fold them. I closed the door and walked and stood in front of him with my arms crossed over my chest.
“What are you doing?” I asked.
Still focused on folding my clothes he answered, “Folding your clothes.”
I sighed, “Okay let me rephrase that. Why are you folding my clothes?”
“Because you need help to unpack so I'm offering.” He replied.
I became a little annoyed, “Why are you helping? Huh?”
Kun ignored me and kept folding my clothes. I stood there waiting for an answer, tapping my foot on the ground. Kun just continued to fold my clothes, from shirt to shirt and jeans to shirt getting fed up I grabbed the shirt he just finished folding and threw it to his face.
“Answer me!” I yelled at him.
Kun just took the shirt and started to refold it. Now I was frustrated. I clutched the shirt away from him, kicked the box full of clothes away from him then pulled his face closer to mine.
“Why are you doing this?” I asked again.
Kun smirked, he grabbed my left arm and pushed my body onto the bed and he climbed on top of me, pinning me down.
“I'm doing this because I'm sorry Ingrid.” He said, then soon after he got up and grabbed the shirt out of my left hand and started to fold it again.
“You're sorry?” I asked sitting up.
“Yeah I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said what I said and yelled at you.” He said as he kept on folding.
I looked, he pretended not to take notice but I knew he knew I was looking at him.
“Don't apologize, I should apologize I mean…I was really nosey.”
Not stopping from his marathon of folding clothes, “No you weren't you were just being helpful.” We both stayed silent. I had a question that I was burning to ask him, but I didn't know if I could ask him yet. I didn't want to be nosey; I just wanted to help him.
I kept looking at him, watching him fold the clothes. I decided not to ask him, I'll do it when it seems time to. I moved up and I joined him in folding my clothes, then he looked at me.
“What are you doing?” he asked.
I turned to face him. “What I can't fold my own clothes?”
“No it's just that, I offered to fold them, you shouldn't be doing them.”
“Well I'm folding them cuz they are my clothes. Wait a sec, you call that offering? You just barged in and took my clothes and folded them, I mean I didn't even say it was ok. What if that box had a bunch of my panties and bras?”
“Do they?” he asked in an excited voice. He started digging deeper into the box. I slapped him on the head.
“No! Stop doing that. You don't need to help me fold my clothes ok so just stop.”
He finished folding the last pair of pants. “I know but I guess this is my way of saying sorry.” He paused. “Wait what time is it?”
I looked at my alarm clock on my dresser, “9:35”
Kun jumped up, “Shit it's getting late.”
“I understand.” I got up from the bed and walked him to the door. “Well I'll see you tomorrow, and thanks for everything.”
“Don't mention it, good night Ingrid.” I closed the door behind him as he walked out.
After locking the door I walked to my desk where I had put my sketch and pencil case on. Grabbing the nearest chair I sat down and whipped out a piece of charcoal and started drawing over the pencil sketch I drew, shading in the areas where it needed it and blending the charcoal to spread it across the paper with my finger. I spent half the night working on the charcoal piece without knowing it and fell asleep.