Fan Fiction ❯ Pexion; The Begining Of All Ends ❯ The Unexplainable ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Children!” a voice chimed, “Please. Don't run ahead of the group.”
A young man looked over his shoulder at the woman who spoke. A smirk crawled across his lips as he turned to look at her, “Children, Azure?”
“What?” Azure, the young woman who chimed earlier, asked in an innocent voice; raising both eyebrows as she leaned against a tree and used a slender, gloved hand to sweep long silver hair behind her elegantly-pointed elven ears; grinning at him.
The man shook his head, looking about him, “We're all the same age, Az—“
“Ah, but that's where your wrong, Thertos.” She grinned, “Remember! I, Azure Wolfane Starwish, am godd—“
“Goddess of the silver moon. Yes yes. We all know.” Streea, Thertos' twin brother, came up beside Thertos and crossed his arms, “Yet, you've yet to prove it. So, for now, you're like the rest of us.”
Azure sighed, frowning, before looking up at the sky, “I would prove it…” She muttered, “But there hasn't been a Silver moon in years…”
 
The trio continued onwards towards the castle--which was hidden amongst trees, purposely separated from the village.
Finally, Azure walked up to the wall and looked around, before peeking through a small hole.
“Eternal?” She whispered softly.
“Yes?” Came a voice from behind Azure, causing her to jump and turn around, coming face to face with her `sister', Eternal.
“Don't do that!” Azure hissed, standing up properly and frowning.
The young woman with long, soft pink hair and elven ears (much like the rest) smiled cheerfully, “Sorry!” she apologized as Azure started to walk towards a tree which sat along the edge of the forest which acted as a wall for the castle.
“It's fine.” Azure said merely as she walked behind the tree and onto a trail.
Silence fell between them as Azure looked about her, “Where are they?” She asked herself, confused.
“Here.” The twin's voices called simultaneously as they both emerged from the group and grabbed the unsuspecting girls, yanking them into the shrubs.
They continued to drag them, weaving amongst trees, till they came to a clearing.
Azure slapped Thertos' hand, finally being released, and pulled a twig from her long silver hair and narrowed her brilliant yellow gaze upon the elven-dragon.
“You know better.” She hissed as she walked forwards, brushing past him and looking about her at the unfamiliar surroundings.
Eternal had made Streea release her, and was scolding him about dragging a princess through the bush without warning. During her scolding, Streea merely grinned at the young elf and yawned, “Awe, come of it, Eternal. It was funny, you had to admit.”
Eternal fumed as she walked over to join Azure, shoving Streea away.
She calmed down almost immediately once reuniting with her half-sister. Her amber eyes widened a little as she, too, found herself shocked by the beauty of where they were brought.
“I didn't know this existed…” Azure muttered, walking up to the small pond, which lied in the middle of the clearing. She knelt down, looking at the black water.
Thertos smirked, walking up beside her and looking down at their mirrored images, “Well…” He whispered softly, kneeling down beside her, “You do now.”
Eternal joined the two, “What is it, Az?” She asked curiously, glancing at the water.
Streea shrugged, “What the hell.” He muttered, joining them. Though, unlike the other two, he didn't say anything regarding the water. He merely looked about him, “Me and Thertos found this clearing a while ago. When father was drunk, we would come here…”
Azure looked at Thertos, whose gaze was directed intently upon the water, avoiding hers.
She sighed, standing up. He always changed at the mention of his father.
She shook her head, `I'll never understand.' She thought, frowning and walking around the clearing.
It was a calming scene; The sun casted her beautiful glow upon the clearing, the trees swaying gently in the soft summer breeze. The grass rippled like water, and the pond was undisturbed. A few rocks were located in a peculiar formation, Azure noted. But she took no great heed of it.
She walked over to the rocks and found there was a small platform in which they were set upon. She blinked awkwardly, “What's this?” She asked aloud, kneeling down and tracing her gloved fingers along the etched designs in the platform.
Eternal joined her sister and blinked, her expression growing serious.
“Azure?” She whispered, “This looks familiar…”
“It does…” She muttered, before standing up and stepping onto the platform. She then gasped as a piercing shock was sent through her body. She turned to look around her.
The pupils in her eyes became slits and her eyes shimmered brilliantly. She let out a cry as she found herself fastened to the platform. She knelt down, placing her hands on her head as flashes were sent through her mind.
 
Finally, she woke up.
She looked about her, bolting up, and coughed, “W-What happened?”
Thertos was at her side while Streea and Eternal were looking at the platform.
“I don't know. You stepped on it, and…were literally engulfed in white flames…”
Azure blinked, looking down at her body.
She was scared—not even a mark indicating she was burnt…
However, she noticed her hands hurt.
She carefully took her gloves off and gasped.
A image was burnt into the back of her hand.
Thertos stared at the image, his mouth open as if he was going to say something—but, for once, he found he couldn't explain this strange happening.
“Eternal?” Azure asked awkwardly, looking up at her sister, “Look at your hand…”
Eternal looked over at Azure, quirking an eyebrow.
When her sister gave her a stern look, she sighed, and looked down at her hand, “Nothing.” She said aloud, before looking at the platform.
“Hm.” Azure looked down at her hand, “very peculiar…”
The image was a dragon and a Phoenix, back to back, seemingly fighting darkness—which was indicated by darkened scarring. Strange words were inscribed along the image in the shape of a circle. She shook her head, obviously confused by this.
Thertos looked at her hand for a few more minutes, before shrugging one shoulder, “Does it hurt?” He asked softly, gently taking her hand and looking at it.
Azure shook her head, “not really…I mean, it's nothing I'm not used to.”
Thertos frowned, “Not really…yes or no?”
“No.” Azure looked at him, her gaze never faltering. Thertos returned her gaze, before cracking a grin and squeezing her hand gently, “Okay. I'm trusting that your telling me the truth.” With that, he stood up and approached the others, looking down at the cement platform.
Azure watched him, rubbing her hand gently, before looking down at it and frowning at the markings, “Strange.” She muttered simply, before standing up and pulling her gloves back in, grimacing slightly as she flexed her fingers.