Fan Fiction ❯ Pexion; The Begining Of All Ends ❯ Touching Moments ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The group spent the rest of the day in the clearing. Azure had stepped on the platform again, but all it did was light up; the groves gaining a blue `line' to them and glowing softly.
She shrugged, and stepped off.
Each one of them tried it, but nothing else happened.
Finally, when the sunset, the group decided it would be best to cal it a night.
Streea offered to take Eternal back, leaving Azure and Thertos in the clearing, alone, sitting on the platform.
 
“So…” Azure yawned, leaning back. She threw her hands behind her for support as she looked at him, “What's wrong…?”
“A lot of things…” He muttered, leaning forwards with his elbows on his knees and his hands linked together, a frown on his face as his short, shaggy silver hair was stirred by the never ceasing breeze.
Azure sighed, sitting up and placing a hand on his shoulder, “Thertos…?” She asked softly.
Suddenly, he reached up and grasped her hand gently, causing her to blush a little. He turned his head to look at her, smiling, “I'm fine.” He nodded, squeezing her hand gently before releasing it and pushing himself up, “Come on…” He whispered gently, offering his hand to her for help.
Azure sighed, hesitatingly grasping his hand and allowing him to pull her to her feet.
“It's time to go home…”
Azure frowned a little as she watched him head towards the foliage. She shook her head, “Your hiding something from me…” She whispered softly, knowing full well he couldn't hear her…or so, she thought.
He paused at the edge of the clearing and turned to look to her, offering a sad smile, “It's better off you didn't know, Az.” He frowned when he finally just looked at her.
Her shoulders were slumped and her expression fallen. Her eyes didn't shimmer, and she seemed to tremble a little.
He knew full well what brought this sudden mood on…He never hid things from her…
Thertos sighed, opening his arms, “Come here…” He whispered softly.
Azure didn't hesitate to walk to him. When she finally got to him, she almost literally fell into his arms, wrapping her around his neck and hugging him tightly. She rested her head on his shoulder and whispered in his ear, “Thertos…”
Thertos wrapped his arm around her gently, holding her close to him. He closed his eyes when she whispered his name, and he sighed heavily, “Azure…I'll tell you tomorrow night…you and Eternal, both…Meet me and my brother here, in the clearing.” He smiled softly as he pulled back to look at her, “I'll tell you then. I promise. I'll also give you a surprise…”
Azure bit her lip and nodded, looking up at him and meeting his soft gaze.
He lifted a hand to her cheek, causing her to blush as he gently caressed it. Finally, he grasped her hand before pulling her gently, “But that's tomorrow. Come now, lets get you home.”