Fan Fiction ❯ Phoenix's Rise ❯ Phoenix's First Titan Battle ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3
Phoenix's First Titan Battle
Phoenix sat in Cyborg's car along with Raven, Starfire, Beast Boy, and Cyborg. Robin was riding on his r-cycle, next to the blue and white car. “Just a heads-up, dude,” Beast Boy said, turning to the nervous Phoenix on his right. “Cinderblock isn't called Cinderblock for nothing . . . he's super hard.” The dark-haired girl nodded.
“Don't worry,” Raven said from her left. “If you get in trouble, we'll be right there to help you in a flash.”
Cyborg's arm began to beep. “Uh oh, we got trouble . . . Plasmus and Overload are breaking into two businesses downtown. We'll need to split up. Robin, do you want to make some teams?”
“Sure, Starfire you come with me to get Cinderblock, Beast Boy you go with Phoenix to get Overload, and Raven you and Cyborg go get Plasmus,” Robin said through the microphone in his helmet. “Titans, go!”
The car stopped, and Beast Boy & Phoenix got out. “Can you fly?” Beast Boy asked. “We have a lot of ground to cover before we get to the electrical plant.”
“Yah, I can,” Phoenix answered. “Let's go!”
Beast Boy turned into a pterodactyl, and Phoenix shot flames from her hands, which acted as twin jet-packs. It only took five minutes to reach their destination. “Just so you know,” Beast Boy informed Phoenix “, Overload can only be hurt when you hit him on his chip, and he can also take over electronic stuff.”
“Thanks . . . ow!” Phoenix was cut off as she was hit by an electric shock from behind. Both Titans turned to see the crackling, blue, electronic villain.
“Overload will complete mission. Failure is not an option!” The villain sent another electric bolt at the two. Phoenix used her powers to create a “fire wall” that blocked the attack.
“Thanks,” Beast Boy said. Then he turned into a bull, and charged. Phoenix shot several blasts of fire at Overload to distract him, and the idea worked. Just before Overload returned fire, an unnoticed, green bull charged into him. While he was distracted by this attack, Phoenix shot three well-aimed streams of flame that squarely hit the chip's center.
Outraged, Overload faked a charge at his tormenters, then grabbed Phoenix. “Mission success. Target apprehended, "' Overload growled. “Master's future apprentice has been restrained. Returning to base, now.” While he said this, the monster was running toward the outskirts of town.
“Let me go! Augh, ow! That hurt!” Phoenix was kicking, shrieking . . . just about anything she could think of to get loose, when she saw a green streak flash by. Beast Boy! I hope he's got a plan to help me get free! Overload didn't notice the streak, but he did notice what it did a minute later.
Beast Boy had run past the creature and it's captive, and found a fire hydrant along the monster's path. He turned into a mule, knocked the cover of the hydrant off, freeing gallons upon gallons of water. When Overload came into view, the green hero turned into an elephant, and began to spray the creature down. The wetter Beast Boy got the kidnapper, the smaller he got . . . until the soaked girl was too large a cargo to hold on to.
“No!” Overload cried, as he finally shrunk down to just his chip.
Phoenix brushed herself off shakily. “What was he talking about?”
“Beast Boy turned back into his human form. “I'm not sure, but I have a very good idea. I think Slade may be after you, but we'd better talk to Robin before we draw any conclusions.” Phoenix nodded, and the two started back to Titan's Tower.